ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The. Cold. Hard. Truth.)

Wow. What a pathetic response to an error. Just say "correct" and move on. Instead of the Bill Clinton "it depends on what the definition of "is" is" response. SMDH. I fully expect you to deflect this as well, and say you were just having fun by winking.
Show us on the doll where the bad man hurt you!

This.
I really have a hard time when we know that the player talent is there and the coaches coach down. It's bizarre and inexplicable to me. I could tolerate things better if we just didn't have the talent and we coached the players as good as we could (see ACU).
Isn't what he described what sports is all about.

I'm a Cowboys, Sixers and Phillies fan. The last decade for all of those teams isn't any better than Texas football.

Reactions: PaulieD
At Texas. I am a Texas fan. I honestly don't care what he did a day before Texas. Same with Tom Herman.
I think he's been good, but "good" isn't what he was hired to be. He was hired to be damn good AT Texas, which hasn't happened.

With respect to his NCAA Tourney record a win last Saturday would have been big or at least a larger departure from his first two losses !!!!
No question. It's part of what made Saturday so pad. Everyone was hungry and would have settled for a damn cracker.

Isn't what he described what sports is all about.

I'm a Cowboys, Sixers and Phillies fan. The last decade for all of those teams isn't any better than Texas football.
Point taken - but we have made what I thought were solid attempts to improve our position and have had staggering failure.

The Big 12 being a beast of a conference partly does that.
Regardless of how good the conference is, shouldn't a good coach be expected to be at least over .500 over a 6 year span much less a damn good coach?

I'm probably one of the closest things to a Shaka defender around these parts. Yes, he'd been a failure through the first five seasons of his career, but he'd also been the victim of some unfortunate circumstances - a half-court shot to lose in the NCAA here and a star player dealing with leukemia there and all of the dynamics of COVID here. Inside one of the best regular seasons in the last 25 years of the program, I needed to see how this season would end before calling the entirety of the Smart era in Austin a total failure.

I am with you on Shaka. I totally respect the person but the results speak for themselves. I also never thought you “Pollyann’d” your opinion but appreciated how you supported the good things Shaka brought to the table. At the end of the day, its about winning and his teams have fallen short at crucial times. Haters are going to Hate and they can pound sand.

My first choice for a replacement - Kelvin Sampson at Houston. Can’t see it happening but I first met him 30 years ago and respect him. He is a helluva Xs and Os coach. Something we’ve been missing.

I am with you on Shaka. I totally respect the person but the results speak for themselves. I also never thought you “Pollyann’d” your opinion but appreciated how you supported the good things Shaka brought to the table. At the end of the day, its about winning and his teams have fallen short at crucial times. Haters are going to Hate and they can pound sand.

My first choice for a replacement - Kelvin Sampson at Houston. Can’t see it happening but I first met him 30 years ago and respect him. He is a helluva Xs and Os coach. Something we’ve been missing.
One thing that always bothered me was how much of a 'bud' he is with players.
Love them as a father does a son - with hard love.

Reactions: KatyKid
Regardless of how good the conference is, shouldn't a good coach be expected to be at least over .500 over a 6 year span much less a damn good coach?
Yes, he should.

Do you not think that damn good coaches can fail?

He can coach. No doubt about that.

• Haha
Reactions: jtweezy3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT