ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The Houston vs. Dallas discussion reappears...)

Zaire sucks
Agreed but after reading the aggy reports, it sounds like he could walk in and start there. He could walk into a lot of schools and start- I dont get him picking an SEC school that prohibits transfers and Texas who has two young studs on the roster as his choices.

Great column, Ketch. Lots of feel good but Witten's tribute took the cake for me.
Those two have been together for a LONG time. People forget that it was Witten that was with Romo in Cabo that weekend before the Giants game in January of 2008.

I thought about buying the UFC match. Ended up passing and I am glad I did. But I have to say the prelims were fun to watch!

Ketch, I submitted this one late yesterday, but genuinely curious to hear what you think...

B/S: Casey Thompson commits to Texas before the Spring Game and we are happy about nabbing him over our other targets?

He looks like a pretty nice prospect, but so does Rogers, et al.

Thoughts?

Reactions: sean_334
Of course.

I'd love to have you explain it to me. Lay it out for the dumb guy.

To me it is about the current regime having information more on lock down and not letting information get out and having stuff that does get out be more realistic related to expectations rather than expectations and information that is unrealistic. I don't think it is any breaking news that leaks are much harder to come by now than they ever have been in the internet era.

The reason why there's no hyperbole is that the quarterbacks haven't yet given a reason for it. Buechele has been solid.
When did Tyronne give reason for it?

Speaking of, has anyone heard anything of his attempted move to TE for the draft? Did UT have a pro day he performed at?

If Texas wants more people, quit having it on Easter weekend.

Bama could have it on Christmas Day and they would show up. Have Santa Claus there taking photos at every gate with those stupid hats and it would be the biggest event ever in that state. Folks in Texas just have other things to do.

- Considering your wife is from Houston, there is no way you could say Dallas is better. Jokes aside, is it too early for the avalanche gif? ;)

- When you said Mike Williams, my first thought was the former USC receiver. Glad I kept reading.

- Zaire will have an interesting decision to make. Doesn't look like he'll be guaranteed a starting spot at Florida or Texas.

- I agree with you. If Texas is successful this year, Connor Williams will not be the only person turning pro after this season. WalterFootball has Malik down as a top 10 pick
http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

- I think you rewatch the spring game twice before next week's column.

Ketch, I submitted this one late yesterday, but genuinely curious to hear what you think...

B/S: Casey Thompson commits to Texas before the Spring Game and we are happy about nabbing him over our other targets?

He looks like a pretty nice prospect, but so does Rogers, et al.

Thoughts?
Buy.

I don't see the option that would cause you to pause on wanting his commitment. Hell, I think they need two in this class, anyways.

To me it is about the current regime having information more on lock down and not letting information get out and having stuff that does get out be more realistic related to expectations rather than expectations and information that is unrealistic. I don't think it is any breaking news that leaks are much harder to come by now than they ever have been in the internet era.
That's just a dream that Texas fans think every time there's a new coach. Folks did the same thing when Charlie took over.

Herman hates leaks, but that doesn't mean we haven't spoken with people (plural) at all levels that have seen practice, usually on a daily basis.

When did Tyronne give reason for it?

Speaking of, has anyone heard anything of his attempted move to TE for the draft? Did UT have a pro day he performed at?
a. Tyrone would occasionally cause people to get excited. Hell, the head coach that couldn't remember his name in a deposition was among them last fall.

b. He's probably going to camp with someone. Needs to make a practice squad and could do so, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT