ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The importance of Hudson Card...)

Either way, it turned a possible great game into a run out the clock situation for Chelsea. But oh well. Sh!t happens. I can't wait until they meet again.
+1

Chelsea are already tough to break down, let alone when they do into an actual bunker mode. 😂

Reactions: DKinnamon
I'm not judging the lack of an offer. I'm merely saying that while Weigman plays, it'll likely be a storyline that exists.

Valid. I think all 3 of the stud in state QBs games/seasons/careers will be compared to Maaliks.

Is Nebraska even any kind of factor there any more?
Not really, Schiano is getting a lot of good players to at least consider Rutgers but ND, Wisc, Pa State, Pitt, +West Va. keep getting thier share. USC used get top NJ recruits but I think that has dried up in recent years.

Not really, Schiano is getting a lot of good players to at least consider Rutgers but ND, Wisc, Pa State, Pitt, +West Va. keep getting thier share. USC used get top NJ recruits but I think that has dried up in recent years.
I just looked.

The good news is that they signed two in the 2021 class - both decent little prospects..

The bad news is that prior to 2021, the Huskers had only signed one prospect from NJ from 2004-2020.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Eventually, all the kids that were going to Nebraska realized they didn't have to livbe in the middle of nowhere to play college football on TV,
Nebraska was able to also be good when it was in a conference where they could recruit Texas. Leaving Big XII and the 6 potential games with Texas teams a year killed their recruiting.

Reactions: BEVO0915 and utguz
1. Michael J. Fox (Teen Wolf)

I love this movie. I've probably seen it 500 times. That being said, Fox is such a terrible hooper that the those making the movie had to use the same lay-up about six different times throughout the movie.

At least Michael J. Fox had science fiction super-hero werewolf genetics working in his favor, even though he's 5'4" tall.

Michael J. Fox leading a comeback in a high school district game more or less believable than 31 year old 5'10" tall Woody Harrelson dunking a basketball at the end of White Men Can't Jump?

Couldn't agree more about making Card the "The One, the Only." Couldn't believe how many posters were thinking, even encouraging rotating QBs for the first 4 games, particularly the Louisiana game. Casey's a great kid by all accounts & deserves to be a starting QB, just not here. Card won the job--no ifs, ands or buts. Dueling QBs in the past was inherently unfair to both involved & what's more, never worked.

Let the Hudson Card era begin. Now. He's going to be a great one. Hook'em!

They have some solid recruiting bases because they have some large urban areas (and in Ohio quite a few mid-sized industrial cities) that offset the population drain from the countryside, but I'd argue that at the end of the day their built-in recruiting base is either shrinking or (at best) getting outstripped by the massive influx of population to Texas and the South in general.
It is shrinking some in absolute terms, but I'd argue it's shrinking significantly more relative to the high-end / elite talent. The Sun Belt states are just producing way, way more super-blue / 5-star "athletes". Look at the rosters of Bama, Clemson, LSU, Georgia, basically any SEC school. Even Ohio State, most of their elite talent is from non-Midwest states.

The SEC fans like to tout that they are more passionate and have better coaches and programs. No, that's complete BS. Given the demographic trends in the US over the last 30 years, they simply have better home-grown athletes than the other parts of the country....

Reactions: styrbjorn
Nebraska was able to also be good when it was in a conference where they could recruit Texas. Leaving Big XII and the 6 potential games with Texas teams a year killed their recruiting.
They didn't recruit Texas that well.

At least Michael J. Fox had science fiction super-hero werewolf genetics working in his favor, even though he's 5'4" tall.

Michael J. Fox leading a comeback in a high school district game more or less believable than 31 year old 5'10" tall Woody Harrelson dunking a basketball at the end of White Men Can't Jump?
Woody played college basketball, so I'm going to go with the former... barely.

Couldn't agree more about making Card the "The One, the Only." Couldn't believe how many posters were thinking, even encouraging rotating QBs for the first 4 games, particularly the Louisiana game. Casey's a great kid by all accounts & deserves to be a starting QB, just not here. Card won the job--no ifs, ands or buts. Dueling QBs in the past was inherently unfair to both involved & what's more, never worked.

Let the Hudson Card era begin. Now. He's going to be a great one. Hook'em!
we're on the same page.

... Garrett Gilbert probably won the back-up quarterback job in Dallas on Sunday, but I'd advise upgrading if at all possible.
============================================================

Yeah. I think GG is a very good #3, but he's not a good #2, and neither of the other guys have much of any reason to be on an NFL roster.

Do you have any names in mind to keep an eye out for?

... Garrett Gilbert probably won the back-up quarterback job in Dallas on Sunday, but I'd advise upgrading if at all possible.
============================================================

Yeah. I think GG is a very good #3, but he's not a good #2, and neither of the other guys have much of any reason to be on an NFL roster.

Do you have any names in mind to keep an eye out for?

Nick Foles?

Matt Damon as Bobby Jones was good in every way with the notable exception that any golfer knows his swing is that if a mid handicapper at best.

You can argue that if Thompson is going to transfer, he needs to wait until the 2021 season is complete so that he can pick out the best possible solution for himself with as much data to aid the decision as possible. If that's the case, working with Sarkisian for the next four months and getting as much out of that experience as possible makes more sense than the alternative, which would have him finishing up this semester as a grad student and not participating in organized high-level football team activities.
Staying is the best situation and I believe cooler heads will prevail. I believe Thompson takes the Shane Buechele approach and is a great teammate this year, transfers to another program after this season, and finds success elsewhere.

Reactions: Led Tex
.. I am not ready at all for fantasy football and I've been a terrible commish. I'll get my act together this week, but I just have zero motivation for it at the moment. I've just been too busy. Is this what it means to get old?
It's time to accept reality. You had time for fantasy football years ago, but it's just not a priority. Find someone in the league who is willing to be a co-commissioner so they can handle what needs to be done and you play for fun.

Reactions: JoeUT
ADVERTISEMENT