ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The important attaboy that Tom Herman and staff deserve)

Wrong. We have beaten 0 great teams. K state, ISU and WVU are all “good”. Looks what KSU did to OSU yesterday. Anyways, a couple fluke TO’s from beating great teams is still progress.
what you call good, I call average.

Serious question (not smart-assy for debate purposes)... I may be misunderstanding the reply. Is Iowa St and WVU not classified as “good”? K-State is borderline IMO

I guess it depends on what good means... Top 25’s? I consider them to be good teams... not really good or great.

Once again... legit curious question.

Crazy we have to assert intentions... too many OB jackals ;)
Those teams are average.

Texas hasn't played a great team. It has lost to very good or pretty good teams.

I cannot believe even a total Liverpool homer would compare Salah and Messi. Salah was a great pickup and has had a great start to the season but Messi he is not nor will he ever be.
He has produced at Messi levels early in the season.

That is a true statement.

That is not saying he is Messi. That is not saying he will keep up the pace. It is saying that through 1/3 of the season, he has.

Believe it.

If his numbers of assists and goals combined are ‘Messi-like,’ and therefore worthy of ‘early EPL PoY,’ then so are Aguero, Morata, and Lukaku who all have an equal or larger total through this point in the season.
Including EPL season and Champions League:

Mo Salah: 13 goals and 3 assists (all goals in open play)
Sergio Aguero: 10 goals and 3 assists (8 goals in open play)
Morata: 9 goals and 4 assists
Lukaku: 11 goals and 3 assists

I'm not sure you understand the concept of equal or larger.;)

Reactions: pied
Ketch who else do you see transferring besides Shane? Any Defensive guys? What would be your % on Warren leaving, given the position change and likely snaps at TE vs Tech and bowl game.
Too early to say. Let's see how these kids feel when the season is over. Maybe a guy like Chris Warren reconsiders.

Reactions: EtxHorn93
lol avoiding all coversation of your beloved Cowboys getting taken to the woodshed tonight. Fly, Eagles Fly.
well, I posted the story in the first quarter.

Eagles fans are cute. When you don't have a Super Bowl ring in your history to claim, you cherish small things like beating teams that are without their best three players.

Reactions: cordpetee
Ketch, you college football observations are A-list; but some of your EPL commentary is borderline ridiculous. I understand your Pool bias, but really?? Salah is a really good addition, and Pool is very good offensively with Klopp's high press style. But that's as far as it goes, not close to being EPL player of the year. He is merely the best goal scorer Pool has when Mane is injured. Nothing more! Not even close. It would also help if Pool could beat a high quality side in the EPL. So far, they are lacking when playing city, United, and Spurs.
Don't get me wrong, he is a quality player, and a good addition, but let's be real. I almost thought you were going to compare him to Messi, the way you were drooling over him.
Hush, you're talking about the EPL's leading scorer. It's not my fault you don't know that.

He has produced at Messi levels early in the season.

That is a true statement.

That is not saying he is Messi. That is not saying he will keep up the pace. It is saying that through 1/3 of the season, he has.

Believe it.

Messi current total goals and assists 15, Sane 12, Morata 12, Salah 11. More like Morata or Sane.

In 16 League and Champions League games, Messi has 15 goals and 4 assists.

In 16 League and Champions League games, Salah has 13 goals and 3 assists.

Those stat-lines are very close, which makes the comparison as it was made true.

It has to be humbling with the relative soccer newbie constantly schools you old heads over and over.

I would hate to see Shane transfer, but I also really like the kid and want what's best for him. I could easily see him be the 3rd guy come his senior year if he stays. That sucks for a guy with his ability. I kinda hope he finds a school with a system that suits him.

ADVERTISEMENT