ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The latest on Micah Hudson isn't great...)

I actually don’t think so , NO

His teammates disagree with you.

Charles Haley broke a wall because he disagreed with you.

They went 0-2 in 1993 without him, he came back and won the MVP, took home-field advantage when he racked up 220+ total yards with a separated shoulder and then ended up winning the Super Bowl because he took over the second half.

lulz.

Just going to not only ignore the other plays, but the fact that he broke about 5 tackles on several of them.

View attachment 4318
I routinely ignore evidence that isn’t supportive. The run against the Cards was epic. I assume you noticed a couple where he was untouched?? Not a finger. Maybe I’m somewhat wanting ……. A little less than absolutely?

You’re giving smith way too much credit for paying on great teams versus the other rbs on the list

But that’s just my two cents
If Barry Sanders would have been the RB for the Cowboys during their dynasty run of 3 Super Bowl wins and played as long as Emmitt...he would have 20,000+ rushing yards. And throw in the fact that if Jerry Jones didn't have such a huge ego and got rid of Jimmy Johnson, there would be at least 2 more Super Bowl wins for the Cowboys...and Barry if he was the RB for Cowboys.

Reactions: horns--21
So Hudson has a problem with the staff? Are they not making him feel special?

Im not worried WR recruiting under this staff..theyll get dudes
If Micah Hudson does not pick Texas (the Good Guys) and goes to TT...I'm ok with it, because if he chooses Ohio St. or one of the traditional SEC powerhouses, it will mean we will have face and try to stop him in what will be a crucial game that we'll need to win. Hudson going to to TT will be the best thing for Texas...if does not choose the Good Guys.

Reactions: ARD438
I routinely ignore evidence that isn’t supportive. The run against the Cards was epic. I assume you noticed a couple where he was untouched?? Not a finger. Maybe I’m somewhat wanting ……. A little less than absolutely?
Sometimes long runs work out that way. The truth of the matter is that Smith consistently broke off long runs in his career.

If the knock on him is that he couldn't "take it to the house", I never noticed it much as a fan, living and dying with every game.

The home run factor could easily be a critique in the second half of his career, though.

Reactions: PreamoHorn
If Barry Sanders would have been the RB for the Cowboys during their dynasty run of 3 Super Bowl wins and played as long as Emmitt...he would have 20,000+ rushing yards. And throw in the fact that if Jerry Jones didn't have such a huge ego and got rid of Jimmy Johnson, there would be at least 2 more Super Bowl wins for the Cowboys...and Barry if he was the RB for Cowboys.

If your aunt had balls, she's be your uncle.

That's simply not true. No one cares about the doing more with less, which isn't even true.

He has arguably the best coach of all-time, great defenses, great running games and at times great receivers.

The bottom line is what matters.

Great running games? He has played with ONE great wide receiver, and always a great tight end. Besides Moss, please list what other “great” wide receivers Brady played with.

Also to discount the way people have always discussed him doing more with less is very much revisionist history.

Who else do you do this with?

Who else do I argue with on this site or who do I use what-ifs for
In football? 😬

I would use it with Calvin Johnson. I think historically he will be pretty underrated because of his terrible supporting cast.

Great running games? He has played with ONE great wide receiver, and always a great tight end. Besides Moss, please list what other “great” wide receivers Brady played with.

Also to discount the way people have always discussed him doing more with less is very much revisionist history.

a. Are you suggesting that New England didn't run the ball well under Hoodie?

Running the ball well is part of their DNA, even if it was always a different gang of backs from year to year.

b. Wes Welker was a great receiver in his prime. Gronk is going to be in the HOF. Edleman was very good. Deion Brach at his best was very good. Same with Troy Brown.

Who else do I argue with on this site or who do I use what-ifs for
In football? 😬

I would use it with Calvin Johnson. I think historically he will be pretty underrated because of his terrible supporting cast.
What other all-time players do you punish because they played with other great players?

Is Jerry Rice not the best wide receiver of all-time because he played with other great players?

What other all-time players do you punish because they played with other great players?

Is Jerry Rice not the best wide receiver of all-time because he played with other great players?
Lol ****ing l

Classic Ketch

Lol ****ing l

Classic Ketch
James Corden Hello GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Reactions: Zorlac
His teammates disagree with you.

Charles Haley broke a wall because he disagreed with you.

They went 0-2 in 1993 without him, he came back and won the MVP, took home-field advantage when he racked up 220+ total yards with a separated shoulder and then ended up winning the Super Bowl because he took over the second half.
So what role as leaders did the HOF player and outspoken cats like Irvin play? Or Aikman?

So what role as leaders did the HOF player and outspoken cats like Irvin play? Or Aikman?

Both great players.

Irvin was the emotional leader.

Aikman was the dad on the team that made sure focus was kept at all times. He might have ever been the unofficial head coach for SBXXX

Both great players.

Irvin was the emotional leader.

Aikman was the dad on the team that made sure focus was kept at all times. He might have ever been the unofficial head coach for SBXXX
Yeah I mean you have a fair point about emmitt smith being a key leader .

But when it comes to passion, emotion, getting the troops fired up - I would always think of Irvin first . You said it yourself “emotional leader” . That’s why it’s hard for me to imagine smith being a lynchpin that was THE dominant figure/leader of that team

Yeah I mean you have a fair point about emmitt smith being a key leader .

But when it comes to passion, emotion, getting the troops fired up - I would always think of Irvin first . You said it yourself “emotional leader” . That’s why it’s hard for me to imagine smith being a lynchpin that was THE dominant figure/leader of that team
You take Emmitt of those teams, they don't win a single super bowl.

He is what separated them from the Niners.

I didn’t realize it was possible for Emmitt to be this underrated. Let the hate flow through you. I loved Barry, but he’s an all time great talent, not an all time great player.

I didn’t realize it was possible for Emmitt to be this underrated. Let the hate flow through you. I loved Barry, but he’s an all time great talent, not an all time great player.
It's been illuminating.

Oh, it will. It's not going away.

I can't control what others want to talk about.

When I hit "post", it's out of my hands. These Top 10 lists almost always dominate the conversation.
I know... I said your column was good. I just browsed the page this post was on and there is just still so much finger vomit that I can't get past to find any meaningful discussion. Kind of like a corral thread. I am sure it's just a me thing.

I'll get over it and get back to recruiting and team updates.

... Is it too late to become a Spurs fan?

its never too late. There's always room!!

San Antonio Spurs Nba GIF by SB Nation

I know... I said your column was good. I just browsed the page this post was on and there is just still so much finger vomit that I can't get past to find any meaningful discussion. Kind of like a corral thread. I am sure it's just a me thing.

I'll get over it and get back to recruiting and team updates.
I don't know how this Emmitt/Barry debate hasn't been entertaining from an outside party. ;)

Maybe…

I definitely punish Montana in the goat qb debate because he played with great players.

You take Emmitt of those teams, they don't win a single super bowl.

He is what separated them from the Niners.
They would have won if they had been able to select Blair Thomas like they wanted.

This.

Emmitt barely makes the HOF in Detroit, while Barry does what OP says.

a. Are you suggesting that New England didn't run the ball well under Hoodie?

Running the ball well is part of their DNA, even if it was always a different gang of backs from year to year.

b. Wes Welker was a great receiver in his prime. Gronk is going to be in the HOF. Edleman was very good. Deion Brach at his best was very good. Same with Troy Brown.

Are we moving the goalposts from great to well?

Since 2003 rushing team rankings
26th
6th
23rd
14th
11th
5th
14th
9th
19th
7th
8th
18th
32nd
12th
15th
5th
18th

In 17 seasons…
2 appearances in top 5
6 appearances in top 10 (which only puts them in the top 1/3 of the league)

Less than half of those seasons did he have a rushing attack that ranked in the top third. He had three seasons that ranked in the bottom third, including a dead last finish. And 6 seasons that ranked in the middle.

Those stats don’t portray a great rushing attack. They don’t even convey a good rushing attack. Running the ball well was never in the patriots dna. Their DNA was running the ball very avg.

Maybe…

I definitely punish Montana in the goat qb debate because he played with great players.
How much? I'm just curious. The conversation fascinates me. I'm not going to "gotcha" you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT