ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The latest on Micah Hudson isn't great...)

Are we moving the goalposts from great to well?

Since 2003 rushing team rankings
26th
6th
23rd
14th
11th
5th
14th
9th
19th
7th
8th
18th
32nd
12th
15th
5th
18th

In 17 seasons…
2 appearances in top 5
6 appearances in top 10 (which only puts them in the top 1/3 of the league)

Less than half of those seasons did he have a rushing attack that ranked in the top third. He had three seasons that ranked in the bottom third, including a dead last finish. And 6 seasons that ranked in the middle.

Those stats don’t portray a great rushing attack. They don’t even convey a good rushing attack. Running the ball well was never in the patriots dna. Their DNA was running the ball very avg.

In the years the Patriots win the Super Bowl, they ranked:

5th (2002)
7th (2004)
24th (2005)
3rd (2015)
10th (2017)
18th (2019)

In 4 of their 6 championship years, they were 10th or better.

Emmitt Smith is top 10 and I was a fan when he played but if you asked me for top 5 wouldn't have even considered him to be one of the "just missed the top 5".

Emmitt Smith is top 10 and I was a fan when he played but if you asked me for top 5 wouldn't have even considered him to be one of the "just missed the top 5".

Do you think VY is just on the outside of your top 10 college quarterbacks of all-time?

Do you think VY is just on the outside of your top 10 college quarterbacks of all-time?
No, VY is a solid 10 college QB. Not a top 10 passer, though. Smith would be somewhere from 8-10 in my top NFL RBs.

I'm sorry, what are you trying to say?

Who ranks above him?
You started a thread about NFL RB's and then asked about college QB's and asked it in the form of a negative. VY is a solid top 10 college QB.

You started a thread about NFL RB's and then asked about college QB's and asked it in the form of a negative. VY is a solid top 10 college QB.
I'm asking you who ranks above VY.

Because for me, he's the best college football player I have ever seen.

Emmitt being the greatest rb of all time is debatable. These position rankings will never be debatable:

WR - Jerry Rice
QB - Tom Brady
Openly Gay QB - Troy Aikman

• Haha
Reactions: DrHorn98 and Horn19
Emmitt being the greatest rb of all time is debatable. These position rankings will never be debatable:

WR - Jerry Rice
QB - Tom Brady
Openly Gay QB - Troy Aikman
What's the case for Jerry?

I'm asking you who ranks above VY.

Because for me, he's the best college football player I have ever seen.
You make a living running a sports website and I make a living doing accounting. I made a post on a thread about NFL RB's and haven't done and won't do the research to make an original list about the top 10 college QB's. If I did, the number of QB's I would put ahead of VY would be somewhere between 0 and 5. There is also the sin of presentism involved here. Neither you nor I have seen Bobby Layne play. VY might very well be the #2 QB to ever play for Texas. If VY had played his final year of eligibility, and won a second MNC, I would be more willing to say he's the best college player ever.

In the years the Patriots win the Super Bowl, they ranked:

5th (2002)
7th (2004)
24th (2005)
3rd (2015)
10th (2017)
18th (2019)

In 4 of their 6 championship years, they were 10th or better.

10th is barely top 1/3rd. Top 1/3rd of anything doesn’t constitute great. Barely constitutes above average.

How much? I'm just curious. The conversation fascinates me. I'm not going to "gotcha" you.
Great question…

I use it for sure in tie breakers. When Brady matched Montana in SB wins, I still claimed Brady was the goat since he did it with lesser talent around him.

I wouldn’t use it to elevate or knock someone down a tier. I put Sanders and Smith in the same tier as top 5 of all time, so I use the “what-if” game to determine who I think is historically better. I wouldn’t do that with Smith and Payton, or Smith and OJ. I think that next tier is the next tier.

Last edited:
You make a living running a sports website and I make a living doing accounting. I made a post on a thread about NFL RB's and haven't done and won't do the research to make an original list about the top 10 college QB's. If I did, the number of QB's I would put ahead of VY would be somewhere between 0 and 5. There is also the sin of presentism involved here. Neither you nor I have seen Bobby Layne play. VY might very well be the #2 QB to ever play for Texas. If VY had played his final year of eligibility, and won a second MNC, I would be more willing to say he's the best college player ever.
I'm just asking who is in your top 5 over him.

FIFY

It's like being pregnant. You can't just be barely pregnant.

😂, I’m from south Texas, we use “barely” incorrectly all the time.

Can we agree Brady has had the luxury of a good but definitely not great running game in his career.

😂, I’m from south Texas, we use “barely” incorrectly all the time.

Can we agree Brady has had the luxury of a good but definitely not great running game in his career.
sure.

I’m not a Blair Thomas fan. But, funny that Ketch goes on to Elon Musk’s open platform to ridicule his paying customers.

stripes lighten GIF

Reactions: leej4445
Maybe I’ll end up looking like a fool, but I just refuse to believe that Hudson will end up at Texas ****ing Tech when it’s all said and done.

Even if he thinks he’s going there, eventually he’ll figure out how stupid that is and go somewhere else.

I have retired from the Emmitt/Barry talk.

Three straight days of it is enough.

I have retired from the Emmitt/Barry talk.

Three straight days of it is enough.

i think too many people are arguing greatest vs most talented and they’re not always the same.

I don’t know enough to comment as I was so young and didn’t watch anything other than Texas football & baseball since i was in little league in both at the time and didnt care for NFL ball much at the time so I will avoid entering the fray, but the arguments have been fascinating when I have no dog in the fight. especially those articulated well.

Very few topics dominate your comments like that one has and I feel you should be prepared for the attempts at goading into a debate for all of eternity

QB room is questionable, Lubbock is a s-hole, $2MM ??, 6A high school stadium, little tv exposure, future B12 is weak sauce, just can’t see it happening.
If the sand a$$ies want to spend all of their NIL on him and he wants to play there, let him. He could go to UTSA and still end up in the NFL. We could use him, but need him, no. Our WR receiver room is stacked and will stay that way with our 5* QBs imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT