ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The most important position coach in 2017 is...)

Liar.jpg

Your mind was made up the moment the suspension dropped.
By all means, continue to ignore what I'm saying to fit the narrative that exists in your head.

One thing is clear in this case: The NFL and Ketch are not viewing this case in a vacuum, which is a disservice to all parties and the fans. The NFL is scared $hitless of the Ray Rice video, and Ketch can't get past Baylor. As hard as it is, you are obligated to view each case individually and without prejudice.
Just go away from this thread. You've said more than enough.

Just go away from this thread. You've said more than enough.

I think most here would agree that it is you who has said enough. And it's been happening for a long time now. Fix it.

It should be quite apparent that your fanbase, of which I still consider myself, has grown tired of this act.

Talking about players who deserve to be in the pro hall of fame, I did not see a certain player from Texas who belongs as much as anyone in the hall in my opinion but will never get there. His name is Tommy Nobis, one of the best linebackers to ever pay for Texas and the pros. Only because he never played on a winner at Atlanta, but he was the first player taken in his draft year by an expansion team.

I think most here would agree that it is you who has said enough. And it's been happening for a long time now. Fix it.

It should be quite apparent that your fanbase, of which I still consider myself, has grown tired of this act.
Enjoy your Monday afternoon, good sir.

Talking about players who deserve to be in the pro hall of fame, I did not see a certain player from Texas who belongs as much as anyone in the hall in my opinion but will never get there. His name is Tommy Nobis, one of the best linebackers to ever pay for Texas and the pros. Only because he never played on a winner at Atlanta, but he was the first player taken in his draft year by an expansion team.
Eventually, the veteran's committee is going to get him in, I believe.

How messed up is this situation?

Roger Goodell was not in the room with Elliott when it met with the league. He has never spoke to the woman. He made this ruling without ever getting involved, which is bullshit.

What makes it worse?

a. That he wasn't there?

b. That I'm more inclined to believe the results of the findings knowing that he wasn't involved?

Talk about a credibility issue.

Reactions: Take Dead Aim

Roger Goodell was not in the room with Elliott when it met with the league. He has never spoke to the woman. He made this ruling without ever getting involved, which is bullshit.

What makes it worse?

a. That he wasn't there?

b. That I'm more inclined to believe the results of the findings knowing that he wasn't involved?

Indeed, if the NFLPA and Elliott's lawyers go scorched earth, and I assume they will, they'll attack this, the woman's reputation, and the panels supposed cherry picking of the facts.

The better have good evidence vs Elliott

Reactions: WRDB06
I bet more than 50-percent of you couldn't.
Generic Joe Texas Supporter? Sure. But if there are people on this site that don't know who he is, then they aren't really on this site. There have been numerous pictures and video clips since he was hired. Heck, most of us could recognize him after Alex said he was the likely OC if Herman ever came when he wrote his column halfway through the 2016 season. I mean, Warehime was just on the video with Meekins and Mehringer last week from their media availability session.

What makes it worse?

a. That he wasn't there?

This latest blunder by Goodell sounds exactly like the kind of thing Elliott's lawyers could use in a lawsuit as an example of "procedural mistakes" made during allegation evaluation.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/11/ezekiel-elliott-suspension-appeal-legal-process

"In a lawsuit, Elliott would be joined by the NFLPA. He would assert that Goodell and his four experts committed grave procedural mistakes in evaluating the allegations and that, accordingly, they reached an arbitrary and capricious conclusion. A federal court reviewing a petition to vacate the arbitration award would focus on procedure, not on facts. Put another way, a federal judge would not conduct a trial on whether Elliott is innocent or guilty of Thompson’s allegations. The judge would instead evaluate the accuracy and credibility of the processes used by the NFL in assessing allegations and whether those processes comported with Article 46."

Reactions: JinSOTEX
This latest blunder by Goodell sounds exactly like the kind of thing Elliott's lawyers could use in a lawsuit as an example of "procedural mistakes" made during allegation evaluation.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/11/ezekiel-elliott-suspension-appeal-legal-process

"In a lawsuit, Elliott would be joined by the NFLPA. He would assert that Goodell and his four experts committed grave procedural mistakes in evaluating the allegations and that, accordingly, they reached an arbitrary and capricious conclusion. A federal court reviewing a petition to vacate the arbitration award would focus on procedure, not on facts. Put another way, a federal judge would not conduct a trial on whether Elliott is innocent or guilty of Thompson’s allegations. The judge would instead evaluate the accuracy and credibility of the processes used by the NFL in assessing allegations and whether those processes comported with Article 46."
There's not one person in this story that is believable to the naked eye.

Ole Roger didn't even bother to show up to any hearing on Zeke.

Now reports out Zeke had already previously filed an order with the Frisco police in the past because this girl was harassing him and calling him non-stop. Just more info on her being crazy.

Reactions: Take Dead Aim
Ole Roger didn't even bother to show up to any hearing on Zeke.

Now reports out Zeke had already previously filed an order with the Frisco police in the past because this girl was harassing him and calling him non-stop. Just more info on her being crazy.
Being crazy doesn't mean he didn't abuse her.

I would be careful about giving anyone the benefit of the doubt at this point. No one has earned it.

Being crazy doesn't mean he didn't abuse her.

I would be careful about giving anyone the benefit of the doubt at this point. No one has earned it.

It doesn't mean he did either. I don't know what happened 100% but it's awfully hard to put much of anything into someone who asked people to lie for her to help set zeke up and had made comments about ruining his career. That and has witnesses that don't agree with her. Now we know she was reported to the police for coming out to his house and making repeated phone calls over and over.

It would have been nice if the supposed guy making the call and is commissioner of the league had cared to even show up to hearings to hear what was actually being said in person

It doesn't mean he did either. I don't know what happened 100% but it's awfully hard to put much of anything into someone who asked people to lie for her to help set zeke up and had made comments about ruining his career. That and has witnesses that don't agree with her. Now we know she was reported to the police for coming out to his house and making repeated phone calls over and over.

It would have been nice if the supposed guy making the call and is commissioner of the league had cared to even show up to hearings to hear what was actually being said in person
I just think those that are closing their minds on the possibility that nothing happened are doing so out of rooting interest.

I need a lot more info before making a full assessment.

They dominated the line of scrimmage against OU.
What is your definition of "dominated"? Not sure how anyone would say a total of 89 yards rushing on 40 attempts with a 2.2 yards per carry is dominating. Most would say if you don't have at least 150 yards rushing for the entire game your O-line was below average. Dominate? No way.

What kind of horsing around are you engaged in that causes this?

0811-ezekiel-elliot-sports-wm-31-300w.jpg

0811-ezekiel-elliot-alleged-injuries-launch-1.jpg
Right.. No way you create these marks just playing around, unless you are into some freaky bondage stuff. Never put your hands on a woman like this, period.

What is your definition of "dominated"? Not sure how anyone would say a total of 89 yards rushing on 40 attempts with a 2.2 yards per carry is dominating. Most would say if you don't have at least 150 yards rushing for the entire game your O-line was below average. Dominate? No way.
Fair points. I suppose I'm using a depiction of what happened based on the words coaches from both teams have used. Perhaps I should have stressed physicality over domination. Probably poor word choice on my part, in retrospect.

Reactions: stevenspaul1357
Fair points. I suppose I'm using a depiction of what happened based on the words coaches from both teams have used. Perhaps I should have stressed physicality over domination. Probably poor word choice on my part, in retrospect.
No worries. And stick to your guns with regards to your opinion on Zeke

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT