ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The most important position coach in 2017 is...)

You don't know what they have, none of us really do, but you're convinced they absolutely can only do so with bias.

I'm not sure that is an objective position.
I am simply offering an alternative perspective to yours. You seem convinced that they are trustworthy here and I am explaining why they are not. They have yet to actually say or show anything of substance that would make me believe they actually have substantial evidence. If they really have something then he should receive much more punishment than a suspension, put his ass in jail.

Side note, his father apparently sent some stuff out and it appears that this is about to get ugly.

I shouldn't be, but I'm shocked at some of the commentary in this thread.

When you continue to lower your own bar, don't be shocked when you are called out. You claim to be reserving judgment in this case, siting a lack of credible / trustworthy parties, when it is completely clear that you have an agenda (as always). Zeke just gives you another podium. Disgusting, indeed.
Link to where the police made a statement that they believe Zeke abused her at any point, as you stated earlier? Guess that must be dismissed in the suspension of the investigation.

The police believe he did abuse her.

Medical experts did as well.

he panel it put together did as well.

Again, there is all kinds of mess to sort through, as I've conceded numerous times. At the end of the day, they overwhelmingly believe he abused her.
An opinion isn't proof. The police also had an issue with the girl.

The police couldn't prove he did anything. They couldn't prove he made the bruises but we are supposed to believe the NFL did? Multiple witnesses also don't back up her clsims. Are they all lying but she's telling the truth despite wanting people to lie for her?

They also admitted the accuser had problems across every single claim she made

She's also documented as asking people to lie for her and making statements about ruining Zeke's career. That doesn't give you a big pause on just believing her? It did to the police and district attorney

I don't know for sure if he didn't or did do something but neither does the NFL and if they somehow have this magic evidence that proves he did it should be turned over to the police or otherwise I will continue to believe they are full of shit

When you continue to lower your own bar, don't be shocked when you are called out. You claim to be reserving judgment in this case, siting a lack of credible / trustworthy parties, when it is completely clear that you have an agenda (as always). Zeke just gives you another podium. Disgusting, indeed.
Link to where the police made a statement that they believe Zeke abused her at any point, as you stated earlier? Guess that must be dismissed in the suspension of the investigation.

Pretty sad isn't it? If you offer up any commentary other than suggesting Zeke is guilty of beating this woman, then you are in the wrong.

Reactions: JinSOTEX
Pretty sad isn't it? If you offer up any commentary other than suggesting Zeke is guilty of beating this woman, then you are in the wrong.
Pretty much.

I mean there are real questions ALL over this story and with the accuser as well but damn...if you are dare not convinced zeke beat the shit out of her you are a horrible person

Reactions: Take Dead Aim

Yep, exactly. But he is claiming to not believe any certain party. I don't think Zeke assaulted that girl, and I will fully claim that. He thinks Zeke beat the hell out of her despite a lack of facts and sworn witness affidavits starting otherwise, lumps it in with his preconceived notions regarding the Baylor tragedy, and forces an agenda down our throats. Textbook SJW.

After Baylor, Ketch thinks he is the social arbiter on all things domestic violence, and he uses his various podiums to push his agenda (including this site). Messed up.

No. 7 – The bottom line for me on Zeke Elliott ...

Man, I want to believe that the best player on my all-time favorite team isn't an abuser of women.

As someone that has been a fan of America's Team since I was basically old enough to have memories, the last thing I want to have to deal with is the reality that the player that makes the entire team go is the kind of human being that puts his hands on a woman in a physically violent way.

I want to believe in someone in this story, especially Elliott, but the reality is that there's no one to believe in.

My words aren't the words of some radical Social Justice Warrior, as some would want to suggest in an effort to marginalize the importance of the situation. My words are those of a person whose feelings on domestic abuse aren't connected to whether the alleged aggressor is on my favorite team or not.

As it stands, Zeke Elliott has given me zero reason to believe in his word or honor. Until he can do so, I'd rather not hear anyone's complaints about whether the NFL has or hasn't been fair to him.

Lifelong Cowboys fan.

Couldn't agree more with your take here.

So ****ing glad I bought my son a Dak poster last Christmas when he REALLY wanted a Zeke poster for his bedroom.

And while we're at it, **** Jerry Jones for completely ****ing up my favorite team.

An opinion isn't proof.

if the NFL conducted an investigation and it is their opinion he beat his gf they can do whatever they want to him. they don't have to have definitive proof like the court. how is this so hard for yall to understand

if the NFL conducted an investigation and it is their opinion he beat his gf they can do whatever they want to him. they don't have to have definitive proof like the court. how is this so hard for yall to understand

And they can then be subject to appeal and consequence in several courts: public opinion, civil, and league. They won't come out of this clean.

who has said the NFL CANT suspend him? Obviously they can under the CBA. That's a different issue than if it's the right thing to do. From reports today this is likely to get bloody with an appeal and legal case. Absent the NFL releasing some sort of magic evidence the police and district attorney never had access to (unlikely) that proves zeke abused someone I will continue to think he shouldn't have been suspended because there are just too many question marks all over this and the accuser is a total mess who isn't trustworthy

I've also said this shouldn't even be something the NFL is involved in. They aren't law enforcement. They shouldn't be investigating anyone or feel some responsibility to handle domestic violence. Should be left to law enforcement professionals

Good stuff @Ketchum . I agree with you on Zeke. We are the same age and I've been a Cowboys fan just as long. Domestic violence has no place.

I think LF has set his course, but I still think Arya gets the best of him - mainly because I think the Stark kids come together. Jon has some brass ones: Heads to Dragonstone and doesn't bend the knee, then to outside the wall to capture a night walker, only to then march right into downtown Kings Landing with said night walker to Cersai?

If the NFL has overwhelming evidence that Zeke was routinely beating his girlfriend:

1.) Why only a 6 game suspension?
2.) Why didn't they turn the evidence over to the DA so they could prosecute him?
1. That's the baseline it seems. I can't really answer the question.
2. It's very possible that nothing would have changed if they did, considering the challenges that the alleged victim presents in terms of credibility.

First drive is when the best players play come on man. That's all I need to see until the 3rd preseason game.
I'd argue you don't need to see any part of a game that has the pre-season label. Those games are always such a let down and they reveal almost nothing. They are only good to see a kid from your favorite college get in a few plays at TE before the team is forced to cut him.

I am simply offering an alternative perspective to yours. You seem convinced that they are trustworthy here and I am explaining why they are not. They have yet to actually say or show anything of substance that would make me believe they actually have substantial evidence. If they really have something then he should receive much more punishment than a suspension, put his ass in jail.

Side note, his father apparently sent some stuff out and it appears that this is about to get ugly.
a. I have said the NFL isn't credible and has trustworthy issues about 100 times in this thread, so no, I haven't said they are trustworthy.

b. Do those bruises on her body that don't really have a good explanation other than abuse at this point do nothing for you?

and yet, the NFL believes it happened and Elliott has provided or attempted to provide any reasonable explanations. I can't turn away from that. None of us should.
How do we know the NFL believes it happened? Perhaps they are simply taking the easy "anti-domestic abuse" position. The NFL could be pushing an agenda.

You can't turn away from many explanations. What I'm trying to do is use my own common sense as best as possible. That is what I did when viewing the bruises.

I have seen many a hand bruised after it punched someone. They look just like that lady's. So, now I'm thinking to the explanation that she was in a bar fight, and it fits with the physical evidence. I also know she lied and tried to frame Zeke. Now, I'm starting to wonder if she is credible at all.

It is the NFL's report that investigators told the NFL they believed he abused her.

The fact that you think I am wishing for this to be true is an example of the own podium I think you're trying to take advantage of very quietly and without notice. You aren't alone.

I don't know for sure if he didn't or did do something but neither does the NFL
I find this to be absurd. You literally don't know what the NFL in terms of evidence, yet you are convinced it has nothing based on ... I don't know.

a. I have said the NFL isn't credible and has trustworthy issues about 100 times in this thread, so no, I haven't said they are trustworthy.

b. Do those bruises on her body that don't really have a good explanation other than abuse at this point do nothing for you?

This explains the bruises.

Pretty much. Her friend confirmed she got beat up by some chick. That was the same night she was allegedly attacked not sure what the NFL is doing, but they better have a whole lot more than those pictures.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dog8
I find this to be absurd. You literally don't know what the NFL in terms of evidence, yet you are convinced it has nothing based on ... I don't know.

Absent them releasing information showing differently why would I believe a questionable organization that is just a freaking pro sports league has access to more evidence than law professionals had and district attorney? This isn't the FBI. It's a dumbass league office that's been a mess for years.

Sorry, I just don't take the NFLs word for it. They have been too inconsistent far too many times to be trusted in that manner.

We also know the district attorney (despite what they may have wanted to believe) released specific information to the general public that only aimed to cast doubt on the accusers validity and painted her in a bad light.

That and we have witness accounts that don't back her up and multiple texts showing her pretty clearly trying to set zeke up. We supposed to pretend that doesn't exist?

Pretty much. Her friend confirmed she got beat up by some chick. The same night not sure what the NFL is doing, but the better have a whole lot more than those pictures.
The NFL has interviewed dozens of people and has seen tons of electronic messaging. I'm going to advise you that you aren't seeing the full picture.

None of us have.

Absent them releasing information showing differently why would I believe a questionable organization that is just a freaking pro sports league has access to more evidence than law professionals had and district attorney? This isn't the FBI. It's a dumbass league office that's been a mess for years.

Sorry, I just don't take the NFLs word for it. They have been too inconsistent far too many times to be trusted in that manner.

We also know the district attorney (despite what they may have wanted to believe) released specific information to the general public that only aimed to cast doubt on the accusers validity and painted her in a bad light.

That and we have witness accounts that don't back her up and multiple texts showing her pretty clearly trying to set zeke up. We supposed to pretend that doesn't exist?
You seem to be making a habit of pretending some things exists and some things don't.

I seem to be the one that wants/demands more answers before making my mind up.

Everyone is untrustworthy here. It's complicated. I refuse to give anyone a pass.

The NFL has interviewed dozens of people and has seen tons of electronic messaging. I'm going to advise you that you aren't seeing the full picture.

None of us have.
What're you basing your stance from? We all have the same information that's been made public. I was strictly referring to the bruises from the pictures you referred to that didn't have a good explanation other than abuse. Obviously that's not the case at all.

Last edited:

None of us have.
Likely true, but that really means nothing. You are simply making an assumption as to what they learned, beyond what the public knows.

None of us know, but that doesn't move the needle either direction as to Zeke's guilt.

What're you basing your stance from? We all have the same information that's been made publicl. I was strictly referring to the bruises from the pictures you referred to that didn't have a good explanation other than abuse. Obviously that's not the case at all.
Did @Ketchum say that? If so, he is way off base. Those bruises do more to muddy the water than clear anything up.

Reactions: Xbeehookem
Speaking of carrying on a march, you would appear to be carrying on with your own. Leave that SJW shit somewhere else. It's a non-issue here.

This is about paying attention to and caring about the abuse of women.

If that's a SJW issue in your mind, then we've really fallen as a society.

Not when the issue is grandstanding by the NFL and likely a lie. Each time a woman lies about abuse, rape, etc it just hurts women who are real victims. It means fewer people will believe because others have lied.

Until he can do so, I'd rather not hear anyone's complaints about whether the NFL has or hasn't been fair to him.

giphy.gif

What're you basing your stance from? We all have the same information that's been made public. I was strictly referring to the bruises from the pictures you referred to that didn't have a good explanation other than abuse. Obviously that's not the case at all.
What you posted doesn't completely do what you think it does.

Eventually, the full truth will come out. As it is, it's hard to like or believe anyone in this story.

ADVERTISEMENT