ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The most important position coach in 2017 is...)

“I'm supposed to believe in a league that charges the US militaryfor the purpose of displaying fake patriotism?”

Why exactly is it fake patriotism??
The perception created is that the league is showcasing the military out of the support it has for our brave men and women.

It's not patriotism when you charge the military to celebrate the military.

Reactions: cnapp
No, I haven't. I've merely pointed out the sensationalism in your post.
Yeah, your bruising photos really proved to be an incredible highlight moment for you...

What evidence has SHE given them, to show that he abused her? Because apparently it wasn't good enough for the DA, you know, the person who DOES THIS FOR A LIVING...

And you're just ignoring the evidence AGAINST her, like her saying that she was going to say he hit her?

Also, Carter will the the starting RB in at least 3 games this season, and once he gets it, he won't give it up for 3 years...
Right you are. Cowboys can do NO wrong

What we've learned about CS in this thread.

Female: I was attacked by a man with a large knife.

CS: Tell me about the knife.

Female: It was a hunting knife. It was probably eight inches long.

CS:
2b2b87ebdab98e79fd774b43a52b8c7b.png

Don't state opinions as facts, Ketch. I disagree with you as well. Rod was fighting for the 5th spot along the line.
Incorrect. Shack is the 5th guy in that group. There's a reason why he started with the 2s when camp started, while Elijah has worked with the 1s at two different positions.

FACT.

Am I the only one that thinks the vast majority of the bruises and markings on Zeke's accuser appear to be from offensive (i.e. her hitting, not being hit) contact?

Huge bruises on her knuckles, wrists and forearms. Those would be from her hitting someone, not being hit. Whether the alleged bar fight she was in, or her abusing Zeke.

Bruises on knees and legs. Same. As if Zeke is going to kick her in the shin... Sure, to be fair, the knee could be from a push or throw to the ground.

The damaging one is the neck. That is an odd one, and would be from some force. It doesn't look like a grab. I would wonder on that one, though.

When were talking about "an abuser of women" does it matter if she was hitting him, and he was defending himself? There is a difference between a man that abuses women, and a guy in a toxic relationship that got physical in a fight. Don't know if this is what happened, if Zeke touched her at all, or if he knocked her around.

But, throwing around "abuser of women" when there is no evidence of anything beyond one week in his life with a questionable person is a pretty slanderous statement.

Reactions: JinSOTEX
Ketch, you missed the part where Gilly told Sam (who wasn't listening) that Rhaegar had his marriage annulled and was then married in secret (to Lyanna) which makes Jon the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. Rhaegar was the Mad King's oldest son, he conceived Jon prior to his death, so when he died Jon became the rightful heir.

Incorrect. Shack is the 5th guy in that group. There's a reason why he started with the 2s when camp started, while Elijah has worked with the 1s at two different positions.

FACT.

Fair point, however Shack is young, and working his way back from injury. I think talent-wise, Shack is better than Rod, but was still working his way back, learning the scheme, and fell behind a smarter, older guy. Or was being motivated. There could be a lot of reasons he started with the 2's, I don't think these coaches are above motivations and mind games. Either way, I think the o-line will be a strength of the team , not a weakness. If 4/5 starters are plus players, that is a lot to work with.

FACT.

From Alex's report on the first day in full pads.

- The offensive line change from closed practices that I reported in the War Room held true in Friday practice. The grouping was (L to R) Connor Williams, Patrick Vahe, Zach Shackelford, Jake McMillon and Elijah Rodriguez. For the record, I was asked in the Chat Column yesterday what my prediction for the starting OL was for Game 1. Since I'd already gotten the info at that time, I did not want to answer that question as it would give away my best War Room contribution, so apologies for ignoring the few of you who asked this same question. However, for the record (as of now) the grouping listed above would be my guess. This staff, for better or for worse, seems to have a lot of belief in the abilities of Elijah Rodriguez. I think, however, he'll be on a short leash with Tristan Nickelson being the alternative if Rodriguez performs poorly on a series.

I'm sure you'll want to tell me how in the very first day of practice when helmets and shorts how Shack was 2nd team. The reality is when they went to full pads for the first time, Shack was in the starting lineup. anyone that's paid attention to the OL going back to spring knows that the only real question is RT. The staff apparently feels very good about LT - RG with Williams, Vahe, Shack, McMillon. The question this entire camp is who would be the 5th starter.

Reactions: acropora
Fair point, however Shack is young, and working his way back from injury. I think talent-wise, Shack is better than Rod, but was still working his way back, learning the scheme, and fell behind a smarter, older guy. Or was being motivated. There could be a lot of reasons he started with the 2's, I don't think these coaches are above motivations and mind games. Either way, I think the o-line will be a strength of the team , not a weakness. If 4/5 starters are plus players, that is a lot to work with.

Actually, it's an incorrect point. As I pointed out, Shack was with the first team on the first day of full pads.

Am I the only one that thinks the vast majority of the bruises and markings on Zeke's accuser appear to be from offensive (i.e. her hitting, not being hit) contact?

Huge bruises on her knuckles, wrists and forearms. Those would be from her hitting someone, not being hit. Whether the alleged bar fight she was in, or her abusing Zeke.

Bruises on knees and legs. Same. As if Zeke is going to kick her in the shin... Sure, to be fair, the knee could be from a push or throw to the ground.

The damaging one is the neck. That is an odd one, and would be from some force. It doesn't look like a grab. I would wonder on that one, though.

When were talking about "an abuser of women" does it matter if she was hitting him, and he was defending himself? There is a difference between a man that abuses women, and a guy in a toxic relationship that got physical in a fight. Don't know if this is what happened, if Zeke touched her at all, or if he knocked her around.

But, throwing around "abuser of women" when there is no evidence of anything beyond one week in his life with a questionable person is a pretty slanderous statement.
I sure hope so.

Feel free to show me the mountain of evidence to contrary including all the game time Rodriguez capably served at both Guard and Tackle.
what was the starting offensive line on the first day of camp?

what was the starting offensive line on the sixth day of camp?

Shack is just a guy right now. So is Rodriguez.

Texas does not currently have 4-5 plus linemen. That is the issue.

If those bruises were on a woman in your life, would you consider it minor bruising?

Those types of bruises can show up just from horsing around.

Very possible and I find it quite sad that some don't want to consider this possibility. Any of those scratches and bruises could be the result of Zeke defending himself.

Actually, it's an incorrect point. As I pointed out, Shack was with the first team on the first day of full pads.
riiiight.

What about the first day of practice? I know you know you're going to lose this point, but feel free to answer it any way.

I find it strange the NFL acknowledges Zeke's accuser lied about the July 22 event but believes he assaulted her 3 times earlier that week. She was wanting to hang around Zeke pretty bad July 22 after supposedly getting beat by him 3 times earlier in the week and she was pretty bruised up in those pictures, I find it odd she would want to go out looking like that.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article167069572.html

riiiight.

What about the first day of practice? I know you know you're going to lose this point, but feel free to answer it any way.

giphy.gif

He missed all of spring and is hardly a veteran starter. Am I supposed to really place much importance on how they line up on Day 1 of Fall Camp. The fact is when it came time to suit up in first day of full pads he was running first team Center. Now, you tell me how important that Day 1 one.

Shack is just a guy right now. So is Rodriguez.

Texas does not currently have 4-5 plus linemen. That is the issue.

Actually Rodriguez has never even been a JAG. That would be a massive improvement.

Man what way to start the week...@Ketch first of all I am quite impressed how far you've come with soccer; I remember you trying to find your team...MANUTD looked pretty stout

Justin Thomas is the real thing, he was on the bama squad UT beat for the golf natty i believe and actually recommended Jordin's caddy to him and lastly they are long time friends

The horns have me concerned as a team that is going to struggle this year...How could there be a depth issue at LB? I thought that was THE loaded group...7-8 wins tops makes me nauseous

The Cowboys look like we are missing the playoffs...UGH *%^#&

I feel like I have already covered a lot of this, but I'll answer as much of that as I can.

The NFL has the resources to do a proper investigation. That is indisputable. Its credibility is what it is, though. I feel like a lot of people are leaning on that without regard for the past of the others involved.

No one has earned the benefit of the doubt

a. It is his responsibility to answer the questons presented to him based on the CBA that his union gave the NFL power to use. Whether he did or didn't, it's his job to make a strong case that he didn't, especially when combatted with evidence that suggests he did.

Stop ignoring that the league is telling you it has smoking guns.

b. How can he prove that he didn't do it? How about produce some evidence? The NFL is telling you that his story didn't check out.

c. The league is telling you that it has far-ranging evidence that suggests he did abuse her... MULTIPLE times.

I don't know that I find you to be objective right now. You're ignoring what is in front of you, IMO. You seem to be trying to will your points so.
Just because they have the resources doesn't mean they can conduct an investigation properly or without introducing bias. I definitely feel the NFL is by far the most untrustworthy in this situation.

We really don't know what they have used in defense. In reality we know little more than the league believes it has substantial evidence. Although the arguements of the panel that i have seen are pretty hollow and could easily go both ways.

I notice you used suggests, that's not something that should ever be used in circumstances like this. The evidence needs to prove.

I am absolutely objective at this point. For the most part I have stayed away from the discussions and developed opinions as more and more information coming out. I am certainly not ignoring what is in front of me, I am pointing out the major flaws in the limited information that we have, as have other people.

Can you feel the pressure starting to build for the team and its first game? I can. There is going to be a lot of pressure on TH, SB and the team this season...more than the last few seasons when no one expected
them to be good enough to compete with not only an elite team but just a good team.

I am expecting in the next few weeks there will be a new level of scrutiny TH has never in his career experienced. Its going to be interesting to see how he handles adversity with the high expectations.

I hope he is calling on Urban, Mack or anyone who has experience with this.
Man, o man. I can feel the pressure myself. Expectations are extremely high, even with all the injuries. Not sure he had such high expectations at UH. He's a bad-ass though, So, I'm sure they'll handle it well. Already been said but O-line is critical to our success this year.

You think D Young is better than Warren? NO WAY in hell any RB starts over him if he is healthy. You are right tho, if Warren is injured and a couple other RBs Young takes that bull by the Horns.
Based on what I've seen, I think Carter will eventually takeover if Warren can't stay healthy. That being said, I haven't seen one play from Young. sooooo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT