ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The most important position coach in 2017 is...)

[

* LIttlefinger's plan has been hatched. You could see that coming a mile away.

* Jon really has assembled one hell of a dream team to go on the other side of the wall with to pick a fight.

* Those previews for next week's episode.... holy hell!

*[/QUOTE]

@gkketch

Do you think that was Benjen Stark riding next to the Night king in previews for next week. That could pay dividends if true.

Too good to be true, prob.

Last edited:
Complete flip flopfrom the "go ahead and drink the kool aid column."
This team is loaded with 4 stars at every position group and now as elite coaching. It will win 10 oe 11 regular season games. Oline will be extremely good, RBs will be great. Shane will be great.
That's an interesting prism through which to see the article and the team. Thanks for reading.

Ketch. I have a bruise on my arm. Until you provide to me credible evidence that you didn't abuse me and positively provide proof of how I got them, I think it makes logical sense to assume that you did it. After all, if you can't explain how someone else got bruises that you claim that you had no part in giving to them, clearly you're guilty.

I have no idea whether or not Zeke is guilty of assaulting this woman but it seems the NFL predetermined the outcome because it's own issues of looking the other way on previous cases.
No question that the NFL has earned its horrible rep, but in order to believe this, you have to completely ignore all of the context it has provided, which includes Elliott's team of lawyers having nothing more than unproven theories as it relates to what happened.

Elliott has never taken a firm stance on this issue with the media. There's been no press conference with a strong position. He's answered for none of this, so you'll forgive me for giving him a pass in the name of the NFL being horrible.

[

* LIttlefinger's plan has been hatched. You could see that coming a mile away.

* Jon really has assembled one hell of a dream team to go on the other side of the wall with to pick a fight.

* Those previews for next week's episode.... holy hell!

@gkketch

Do you think that was Benjen Stark riding next to the Night Thing in previews for next week. That could pay dividends if true.

Too good to be true, prob.[/QUOTE]
I didn't even notice that.

Ketch. I have a bruise on my arm. Until you provide to me credible evidence that you didn't abuse me and positively provide proof of how I got them, I think it makes logical sense to assume that you did it. After all, if you can't explain how someone else got bruises that you claim that you had no part in giving to them, clearly you're guilty.
Well, you have my vote for worst post of the week and it only just turned midnight on Monday.

I view the Elliott case as a last chance type of deal. She clearly has some bruises that didn't just appear by themselves. He hasn't gone to the degree others have but that's the next stop on the tour. Followed by jail if this happens in Texas. Hes not exactly showing any form of reasonable defense or contrition. So my expectation is: he will appeal, get it down to 2-4 games, get sued in civil court and settle, lose all of whatever endorsement future he had and then one day f-it up even worse because he's a handsy kind of guy.

I remember thinking that the girl was being vindictive when the first thing around draft day came up. But it looks more to be a pattern of behavior. Past is prologue.

I wish and hope it's not true because he seems to be an infectious, enthusiastic type of guy. But men who beat women don't deserve to keep playing a game for millions of dollars.

NFL reviewed a bunch of text messages. I guarantee you he admits to hitting her or grabbing her where the bruises are and that's all they need to substantiate it. After that, it's six games minimum according to CBA. Whoever chimes in, "no he was suspended under personal conduct policy and therefore it can be however many games he decides." Read this link below. This falls under personal conduct policy and commissioner has absolute authority.

The reason the kicker who admitted to beating his wife 20 times only got 1 game is because that happened before this new policy was in place and they said it would not be retroactive.

So the only question was did he commit abuse in the NFL's opinion? Not beyond a reasonable doubt but more likely than not. They read a couple of text messages where he doesn't deny it or even admits it and they see any photos taken before bar fight occurred (so now that excuse doesn't work) then boom 6 games. I am not saying they had this evidence but no one is releasing the evidence the NFL had. Zeke's people released anything helpful to him but NFL didn't release anything they had. I have no idea what NFL had so it's either a great decision or a shitty one. Who knows? I know this, none of us do. So quit fixating in 6 games and no criminal prosecution. 6 games was minimum and criminal burden of proof does not matter in this case. Should NFL let all players who beat the wrap back into NFL? My two cents.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...c-violence-with-6-game-ban-for-first-offense/

Just that we're clear about the bruising.

0811-ezekiel-elliot-sports-wm-31-300w.jpg

0811-ezekiel-elliot-alleged-injuries-launch-1.jpg

But, yeah, let's be dismissive about the bruising...

Anyone that has been a Sixers fan for the last 34 years isn't a bandwagon fan.
Definition of a Bandwagon Fan: a fan who chooses to target teams in different locations generally with a history of winning big at some time or another, i.e., a Sixers fan, a Cowboys fan. Over a 1000 miles a part. At one time, won big. Wonder what third city owns his favorite baseball team?

Well, you have my vote for worst post of the week and it only just turned midnight on Monday.

Are you comfortable with a system of discipline in which the burden of proof rests with the person being accused of a crime such that you have to offer credible "theories" to validate how someone else incurred an injury, rather than the accuser having to offer credible proof that you actually committed a crime?

I'm trying to understand the basis for your seemingly rock solid assurance of guilt. Have you seen something compelling or are you simply trusting that some evidence must exist because the NFL issued a bunch of quotes saying that they're convinced that they made the right decision?

So far I've seen pictures of bruises and some quotes from the NFL. I would think that if there is compelling evidence that Zeke gave this woman the bruises, we should have heard about this evidence by now, and it likely would have formed the basis for a criminal charge against him.

Again, other than trusting that the NFL must be correct because of the conviction present in their quotes from a press release, what makes you so certain that your position is correct?

I think Ketch wishes Zeke "Dickon" Elliot had been burned alive with Dickon Tarly.
I wish he was a football player not being labeled a woman-abuser by the league he works in.

I'd love it if these issues didn't exist. They do.

Definition of a Bandwagon Fan: a fan who chooses to target teams in different locations generally with a history of winning big at some time or another, i.e., a Sixers fan, a Cowboys fan. Over a 1000 miles a part. At one time, won big. Wonder what third city owns his favorite baseball team?
Philadelphia. Pretty widely known...

Are you comfortable with a system of discipline in which the burden of proof rests with the person being accused of a crime such that you have to offer credible "theories" to validate how someone else incurred an injury, rather than the accuser having to offer credible proof that you actually committed a crime?
According to the league, it spoke with scores of witnesses, investigators (who believe abuse occurred) and witnessed electronic messaging that proved in their minds abuse occurred.

Elliott provided nothing tangible in proving his claims were actually true. marinate on that for a bit.

I'm trying to understand the basis for your seemingly rock solid assurance of guilt. Have you seen something compelling or are you simply trusting that some evidence must exist because the NFL issued a bunch of quotes saying that they're convinced that they made the right decision?
I don't have rock solid assurances of guilt.

I have serious questions. There is strong reason to believe something happened. Questions Elliott has mostly avoided answering, especially in front of league questions.

So far I've seen pictures of bruises and some quotes from the NFL. I would think that if there is compelling evidence that Zeke gave this woman the bruises, we should have heard about this evidence by now, and it likely would have formed the basis for a criminal charge against him.
Criminal charges often have little to do with whether the prosecutors or investigators believe took place. Frankly, the criminal charge alibi is a lazy one. Or did we not learn that from what happened in Waco.

Again, other than trusting that the NFL must be correct because of the conviction present in their quotes from a press release, what makes you so certain that your position is correct?
I don't have a position. Let's be clear. I've seen reasons to take this matter very seriously and I'd like to know what happened.,

The NFL is telling us that he beat that girl three different times.

Elliott has told us nothing of substance.

I think you're overreacting. The criminal justice system is where this should be addressed. I don't think the NFL was created to police woman-beating.
That's a different conversation. I don't know that I disagree. However, this is who the league now says it is and if the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE is going to tell me one of its most popular players abused a woman three times, I'm not going to ignore that.

That goes against every piece of moral code I have.

@gkketch

Do you think that was Benjen Stark riding next to the Night Thing in previews for next week. That could pay dividends if true.

Too good to be true, prob.
I didn't even notice that.[/QUOTE]

can't believe i typed Night Thing instead of Night King. Wow. Embarrassing.

I didn't like the way LF looked at Arya after she displayed her skill vs. Brienne last episode.

Now Arya is full on suspicious of Sansa and appears to be able to read her mind.

I think LF is screwing with Arya right now to inflame her anger vs. Sansa.

Think we're going to see Stark on Stark crime--- or do you think Bran might save the day?

According to the league, it spoke with scores of witnesses, investigators (who believe abuse occurred) and witnessed electronic messaging that proved in their minds abuse occurred.

Elliott provided nothing tangible in proving his claims were actually true. marinate on that for a bit.

I don't have rock solid assurances of guilt.

I have serious questions. There is strong reason to believe something happened. Questions Elliott has mostly avoided answering, especially in front of league questions.

Criminal charges often have little to do with whether the prosecutors or investigators believe took place. Frankly, the criminal charge alibi is a lazy one. Or did we not learn that from what happened in Waco.

I don't have a position. Let's be clear. I've seen reasons to take this matter very seriously and I'd like to know what happened.,

The NFL is telling us that he beat that girl three different times.

Elliott has told us nothing of substance.

I don't disagree that is quite possible that he beat her. I also think it's possible that he didn't. I'm just not all that comfortable with a system that suspends players without presenting compelling evidence of guilt.

If you're trusting that there is evidence that is compelling, beyond taking the NFL's word for it, then that's fine. It just seems strange to me that they would not share this evidence. Perhaps they will in due time. If not, this process feels very sketchy to me.

I would never advocate victim blaming and your comparison to Baylor is lazy. However, when you have a victim whose credibility has been called into question through her own actions, you'd think that there would need to be compelling evidence of guilt beyond her word. Hopefully there is. I just haven't seen anything at all yet.

I also don't get a lot out of a statement from the NFL saying "we've reviewed a lot of stuff and trust us, it's compelling". Why not just show us? Maybe at some point they will.

I'm not stating that anyone is guilty or innocent. I have no idea. I do have a tough time getting on board with a system that allows the NFL to mete out discipline on a "trust us" basis without showing their work.

That seems like an entirely reasonable stance to me, but maybe not to you.

I didn't even notice that.

I didn't like the way LF looked at Arya after she displayed her skill vs. Brienne last episode.

Now Arya is full on suspicious of Sansa and appears to be able to read her mind.

Think we're going to see Stark on Stark crime--- or do you think Bran might save the day?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I believe this will prove to be LF's undoing.

Reactions: bigeye6912

Think we're going to see Stark on Stark crime--- or do you think Bran might save the day?
Yes, I believe this will prove to be LF's undoing.[/QUOTE]

Think you also meant Tarlys instead of Tullys in your first thought. Stared at that one for a while trying to figure out if I was missing another secret offspring situation.

I don't disagree that is quite possible that he beat her. I also think it's possible that he didn't. I'm just not all that comfortable with a system that suspends players without presenting compelling evidence of guilt.

If you're trusting that there is evidence that is compelling, beyond taking the NFL's word for it, then that's fine. It just seems strange to me that they would not share this evidence. Perhaps they will in due time. If not, this process feels very sketchy to me.

I would never advocate victim blaming and your comparison to Baylor is every bit as lazy as you supposedly find an argument based on criminal charges. However, when you have a victim whose credibility has been called into question through her own actions, you'd think that there would need to be compelling evidence of guilt beyond her word. Hopefully there is. I just haven't seen anything at all yet.

I also don't get a lot out of a statement from the NFL saying "we've reviewed a lot of stuff and trust us, it's compelling". Why not just show us? Maybe at some point they will.

I'm not stating that anyone is guilty or innocent. I have no idea. I do have a tough time getting on board with a system that allows the NFL to mete out discipline on a "trust us" basis without showing their work.

That seems like an entirely reasonable stance to me, but maybe not to you.
All I care about is the truth. I don't give a shit about banging the drum about being against the process.

The process was approved by the player's association. End of that subject as far as I'm concerned.

As for evidence, some of this needs to a veil of privacy attached to it as much as possible. I have a feeling that Elliott will never pursue this to the extent that what the NFL has becomes public.

I believe the fact that the NFL didn't even include the March incident in its punishment was a sign that it believe it has enough on this one situation. That's my opinion, I don't know for sure.

Came here to read about football. Ended up reading arguments about severity of bruises. Anways... Ketch, you seem to have a glass half empty view on the OL, RB, and QB. With respect to each position group, how would you rate those units compared to the big12? And do you think Herman's whole (on offense) will be better than the sum of the parts and good enough to win the conference compared to the field of the big12?

Reactions: BobHorn
Came here to read about football. Ended up reading arguments about severity of bruises.
A-fvcking-men. My least favorite thread to read, consistently. I joined assuming they'd be the best, but that ain't the case.

In regards to Elliot, I'm curious as to why you think the NFL knows how to conduct a proper investigation better than a DAs office? Especially given their past. Furthermore, IF Elliot really didn't abuse her then why is it his job to show that her injuries came from some other activity? We are just supposed to believe a woman who has been caught lying and deceiving officers? Also, how can he prove where her injuries came from if he has nothing to do with them? His team is now supposed to find out exactly what she was doing that could have caused the bruises? Isn't it her job to prove that Elliot caused the injuries? Especially considering her track record with this investigation?
Based on the information that has been released, anyone with any objectivity can clearly see how convoluted the evidence is and therefore understands it is likely impossible to ever determine what really happened. If there is definitive evidence he was involved in DV, toss him for all I care. Right now, the evidence released to the public says that the NFL is looking to pin something on him because they want to believe the victim. Im sorry but he said she said isn't a valid reason for leveling the penalty on him. She needs to have concrete evidence that it was indeed caused by him, just like what is needed in our criminal justice system. If she has the proof, then burn his ass to the ground.

The investigators believe he beat her. DAs makes decisions based on a lot of things and a lot of times they have nothing to do with what they think happened.

Part of the problem was that she appeared to have no interest in having the cops pursue the issue vs. Zeke. Lots of motives could exist to explain that, some good, some not.
We shouldn't care what someone "thinks" we should care about hard proof for all criminal offenses.

I won't even get into the whole discussion on Zeke, as it seems the argument lies in whether you trust the information the NFL says they have on Zeke(but have not actually shown any proof to the public), and whether or not you believe the onus is on Zeke to prove how the woman got her bruises.

But to get into your other Cowboys point @Ketchum , what exactly has you so down on the Cowboys based on the preseason game? Did you already have this opinion on the Cowboys, or is it the preseason game that convinced you? Because predicting success in the regular season as a team based on preseason games seems insane to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT