ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The reality of where Texas stands heading into 2020...)

That's fine. It just takes time.

Also, I don't have a lot of confidence in Yancy.

interesting on Yancey. Is it because of the injuries this year or because he bulks up players who don’t need it ie. Sam

Interesting. Can you expand on your worries with Yancy. His teams seem to always have a lot of injuries but as far as I know he keeps up with all the trends in strength and conditioning and was considered one of the better ones out there. Just curious what specifically is your issue with him.
I just don't see where he's made any real impact as it translates to the field.

interesting on Yancey. Is it because of the injuries this year or because he bulks up players who don’t need it ie. Sam
I've yet to see him create a bunch of next level, NFL type players.

Any such list without SHAMELESS is wrong.
giphy.gif

(Good column otherwise. ;))

Hook ’em.

Spot on. Amazing first 5 seasons. Last few not so much.

Best tv show ending I have ever seen was Breaking Bad.

Two things...
Do you think Tom would actually try to poach someone directly from Mack?

Take your shot. Who’s the Cowboys next coach?

Reactions: txfight
Much truth to Ketch's rant, but it has been obvious for a long time, except to Heisman voters., that Hurts is a terrific athlete playing QB. He is not a great Qb, never has been and won't be one in the NFL. Maybe he can put on some pounds and play TE or lose some and be WR. He is a great athlete, but his position going forward is not obvious.

Ou does not have a sizeable talent advantage over us, based on your own evaluations. They have had superior coaching. Hopefully, we are in the process of fixing that.

Reactions: ranrow
GoT #2 even after that horrendous final season. No way bro. No way.

I’m open to the idea that I’m still just angry and bitter about the final season but that ending knocks it out of the top 5 for sure, and potentially the top 10 for me.

Reactions: Ghost of Nappa
I wished that I had signed up for a 1 month trial, I can get this type of opinion on my IPhone thread. Everyone has an opinion, give me substance with credibility...Peter King, Dan Patrick, or Rich Eison true professionals instead of this whinning crap

I mean you can say that about almost any team.

I mean Chelsea hasn't exactly been knocking down the door of success in the last two months.

you can take players away from Chelsea and they would still be fine. Take Tammy away and you have Michy and Giroud. Take Willian away and you have Pulisic, Mount, Pedro and Odio. One of Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante usually sits and we played another 19 year old, Lamptey, today at RB and he was exceptional. Wolverhampton doesn’t have that depth.

Reactions: ranrow
Had Herman hired him away from Ok St for his initial hire, he would have been seen an as A hire

Regarding your thoughts about what Texas needs to compete with the elite, wouldn't you have to say that LSU lacked 2 of the 3 last season. No one would have pegged Burrow as elite at the end of last season and LSU had a top flight DC but average offensive staff. Texas certainly needs to upgrade the talent level, especially on both lines of scrimmage but LSU is proof that you can go a "long way" in a relatively short period of time. 2 of the 4 "elite" QBs in this year's playoff were playing for different teams last year, so that's something that can be fixed relatively quickly with the right coaching staff. Not buying the idea that this is something that takes years to fix. Question is do we have the right coaching staff.

GOT is the G.O.A.T of tv shows. Lasted longer and still had less bad episodes.

Two things...
Do you think Tom would actually try to poach someone directly from Mack?

Take your shot. Who’s the Cowboys next coach?
a. Probably not. But, elite coaches don't give a **** about hurting feelings.

b. I think he hires Urban.

Reactions: hornsup21
Much truth to Ketch's rant, but it has been obvious for a long time, except to Heisman voters., that Hurts is a terrific athlete playing QB. He is not a great Qb, never has been and won't be one in the NFL. Maybe he can put on some pounds and play TE or lose some and be WR. He is a great athlete, but his position going forward is not obvious.

Ou does not have a sizeable talent advantage over us, based on your own evaluations. They have had superior coaching. Hopefully, we are in the process of fixing that.
d-e-v-e-l-o-p-m-e-n-t

GoT #2 even after that horrendous final season. No way bro. No way.

I’m open to the idea that I’m still just angry and bitter about the final season but that ending knocks it out of the top 5 for sure, and potentially the top 10 for me.
The final season wasn't that horrendous. The final episode just didn't stick the landing with a perfect 10.

That show literally stopped the world with its efforts every season.

I wished that I had signed up for a 1 month trial, I can get this type of opinion on my IPhone thread. Everyone has an opinion, give me substance with credibility...Peter King, Dan Patrick, or Rich Eison true professionals instead of this whinning crap
lol. ok.

"Here's how I'd fill out the staff if I was calling the shots, assuming Stan Drayton, Herb Hand and Oscar Giles are the coaches on the staff that are safe."

Dude, you're on fire! This is the best 10 Thoughts I can recall. Would love to see that staff assembled!

Reactions: teyon shoes
you can take players away from Chelsea and they would still be fine. Take Tammy away and you have Michy and Giroud. Take Willian away and you have Pulisic, Mount, Pedro and Odio. One of Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante usually sits and we played another 19 year old, Lamptey, today at RB and he was exceptional. Wolverhampton doesn’t have that depth.
Your team isn't nearly as good as you think it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT