ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The SEC move was born from the ashes of TEOT saga)

He was given multiple free passes.

Don't get me wrong, his good far outweighs the bad, but the history has't remembered the way that all went down.
Free passes? From whom? He is very good at what he was hired to do. In my opinion, one of the best. You obviously don’t like some of the stuff he did or didn’t do. I have a different opinion.

I’ll step away now.

Peace and out.

Reactions: sattxhorn
Great stuff, you did it well again. Even tho you didn't address my B/S question, I would still like your opinion sir. (or you can wait until next year when things are announced) 🙃
Patience.

Geoff, can you make a podcast over all of the mack brown recruiting disasters?

Free passes? From whom? He is very good at what he was hired to do. In my opinion, one of the best. You obviously don’t like some of the stuff he did or didn’t do. I have a different opinion.

I’ll step away now.

Peace and out.
From everyone for the most part. The victors get to write the history books.

Have a good rest of the night.

Texas has one state Top 25 player in the Rivals Texas Top 25.

Texas has two state Top 25 players in my own LSR Top 25.
10 spots who I think we have to land in those spots can you put a % on each we end up with. I hope we land the Best 8 and keep two spots for transfers they need a OT.

1WR Stewart
2 WR Hudson or Thompson
3 TE Skinner
4 OG Campbell
5 OG Greene or Neto
6 DT Bledsoe
7 DT Finkley or Bryant
8 DE Wiggins
9.CB Sigletary or Harris or Guilbeau
10. S Anderson or Gooden or Mathews

“I can tell who does and does not read this column on a regular basis almost entirely by some of the reactions this weekend to the news that Texas is...wait for it...a bit sluggish in recruiting with elite prospects at the moment.”

i will give you a bit of a pass….but, when we are the biggest, baddest, most profitable program in the country, I kinda expect us to be the first to have a QB make a $1m in NIL and not lose a 6 ft 8, 350# lineman to the dudes down the road. Or to any program in the PAC that hasn’t done much better in the same time frame yet is beating our ass with our instate O line recruits. In short, I have kinda lost my patience after watching 10+ years of bs. so until then, you “kinda” need to stop with that crap.

Reactions: JJNaught
Doubt you have ever been to Tenaha and that’s not a slight. Waco is definitely closer to a small town vibe than Austin. Plus a 6’1ish 200 lb is easy to replace.
I did not know I have been traveling and not paying attention until today. I just thought he was all Texas with Brown. We might lose the LB from Martin it sounds like he has interest in Tech.

I think Sark is very smart and seems to be trying very hard not to repeat mistakes.
If he fails at Texas we can probably point to this and see how it started. Sure there’s plenty of time to turn it around and he’s not coached a game yet, but he’s not off to the type of start that should inspire much confidence.

10 spots who I think we have to land in those spots can you put a % on each we end up with. I hope we land the Best 8 and keep two spots for transfers they need a OT.

1WR Stewart
2 WR Hudson or Thompson
3 TE Skinner
4 OG Campbell
5 OG Greene or Neto
6 DT Bledsoe
7 DT Finkley or Bryant
8 DE Wiggins
9.CB Sigletary or Harris or Guilbeau
10. S Anderson or Gooden or Mathews
Let me think about it. I'll answer this in the miorning.

Reactions: JoeUT
“I can tell who does and does not read this column on a regular basis almost entirely by some of the reactions this weekend to the news that Texas is...wait for it...a bit sluggish in recruiting with elite prospects at the moment.”

i will give you a bit of a pass….but, when we are the biggest, baddest, most profitable program in the country, I kinda expect us to be the first to have a QB make a $1m in NIL and not lose a 6 ft 8, 350# lineman to the dudes down the road. Or to any program in the PAC that hasn’t done much better in the same time frame yet is beating our ass with our instate O line recruits. In short, I have kinda lost my patience after watching 10+ years of bs. so until then, you “kinda” need to stop with that crap.
why do I need a pass? ;)

So the Cali kid is insurance incase we lose the Martin LB to Tech? We have to save a few spots for transfers but I see to many needs still to fill not to use all 10 spots left.
I think he's just another guy they like. He's not really like the other two.

I would assume the Brass has had their hands full with SEC negotiations the last 6 months. If they bring the same “particular set of Skills” to the NIL game ….. hold on to your hat and get some popcorn ready.

Just finished two more huge NIL deals for Orangebloods.

Paperwork has been sent to Texas Compliance for Review.

I'd guess the announcements will be towards the end of this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT