ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The stakes for Wednesday night...)

This is crazy talk. How many active head coaches have actually won a national championship? Like four?

And Herman is getting fired if he doesn’t win one in the next 4 years??
I'll be honest, I just read championship when I looked at the question and not the national champion part. My bad.

That will never f'ing happen. Ever. I'll move to England before that happens,
Ok well then you should realize the Eagles are Daniel Son and we are the Cobra Kai. You have to sweep the damn leg, son.

BUY or SELL: The quarterback who leads the Longhorns to their next national championship is currently not on campus nor has he signed a national letter of intent.

(Sell) Tom Herman won't be here for more than four years if I'm wrong.
Sorry but I think that's hyperbole. If we see huge progression and some great teams in the next 4 years (which can definitely happen without a natty) there is no way Herman will even be on the hot seat.

Other than that, I'd say this is one of the very best 10TFTW entries you've done. Good stuff all the way through. Thanks, Ketch!

No. 5 – The elephant in the room ...
talk-about-the-white-elephant-in-the-room.png

I don't trust Texas in this game. Not for one second.

This is my over-arching feeling about this game. I hope you and I are both wrong, but what good reason do we really have to expect that the personnel management on offense, the offensive play calling, and the offense's ability to generate any semblance of a running game will be any different that it was for the previous 12 games?

Hopefully, while the team was practicing at the University of Houston, Tom Herman found a stash of that fairy dust he used to such great effect while coaching there.

Either Texas scrapes out an ugly win or they get blown out. Missouri isn't a great team, but their "want to" is at an all time high. I fear them coming out, popping Texas in the jaw, and Texas wilting without Jefferson, Williams, Hill, and Elliot their to lead the charge. I hope I'm wrong. But, nobody is writing articles about discontent at Mizzou.
An ugly win? Everyone on this board says winning is everything; now we distinguish between ugly and pretty wins? The lack of consistent comments is agonizing

Can Texas give out Bowl tix to the Houston guys that signed early? Have they been around the team this week?

Guessing no but curious since they all got playbooks, etc..
$10 is gonna get you in the game today. Tickets won't be a problem.

My OU wife pointed out to me a few months back that she never has to talk crap about UT because I do enough of it on my own every Saturday when I watch them play football.

I’ve sadly become a pretty negative person when watching them play.

Would looove to see them win tomorrow, but who knows WTF will happen.
:(

Di
It is the best possible drug for tomorrow night going into a potentially anguishing off-season.
Didn't the NBA admit KD should have been called for 3 fouls in final 2 minutes against LBJ? Not exactly taking him on, and I am still awaiting your apology for when I told you Connor Williams was gone before he came back and you refuted it vigorously. Happy holidays to you and your family btw.

Mark Hamil was not good in the last Jedi. He over acted at times and was unconvincing the rest. His only quality scene was the fight scene with Ben Solo/ Kylo. #bebetter.

Also this was slight better than the force awakens and Rouge One wasn’t good.
Agree to disagree. Hamil is such a better actor now than when the first trilogy came out.

Reactions: drunk randoke
Kawhi Leonard says hello.

You need to nominate 2 more dames for Best Supporting Actress. Steal 2 names off of somebody else's list if you have to.

My buy or cell question didn't get answered AGAIN!
I guess I must always be asking some shitty questions.
1. I'll fill those spots as I see more movies with strong female roles.
2. I'll answer your question next time. I promise. Make it count.;)

Apathy = got invited to see the new Star Wars, said yes not realizing it's during the Texas-Mizzou bowl game, haven't backed out of the movie yet because I know I'll enjoy Star Wars and I'm pretty certain I'd be miserable watching the bowl game and wish I was at the movies. Still deciding.
Yikes!

“ Philippe Coutinho is becoming world-class in front of our very eyes as the calendar turns to 2018.”
Was in London at a pub watching the game and was floored by how good he looked. He was so calm and under control. His shots were bullets and passes dropped at peoples feet. Truly magnificent performance.
He's going to be a treat to watch in the WC.

I know it's a meaningless bowl between two mediocre teams, but Texas losing its last two games of the season will lead a very somber narrative into the offseason - Herman's second year on the recruiting trail will be much harder than his first.

And, the person I don't trust at all in this game, is Tim Beck. He's almost a guaranteed fail and if we end up losing, it will be his incomprehensibly stupid play calling and personnel misuse that will be the underlying reason. You can almost cash that check in now.
Solid post. Very solid.

Reactions: I Hear Voices
I think either @Ketchum misunderstood the QB/National Title question or he lacked focus on his response. Simply not winning a national title over the next 3-4 seasons won't get him fired. And if he DOES win a national title in that span then he isn't going anywhere.

BUY or SELL: There are four future Division I coaches on Herman’s staff (not including Herman himself)?
(Sell) Outside of Todd Orlando, I'd say the math is stacked against the rest.
Where is Drayton? We were told he was the next big thing.
Hard to think he's a future HC at this point, no matter how much Herman might want it to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT