ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The worst part of all...)

Sadly, I agree with with your point that fans won't withhold the donations and support of the team in a way that will cause leadership to take action. That is why CDC is entirely comfortable keeping a lame duck coach who we know cannot recruit, develop, or win at a championship level going forward.

Not true. The indicated renewal level on suites will be horrific if Herman stays.

I think we're at a very real tipping point.

Not sold on Herman, but going after Urban Meyer would be a disaster. Urban Meyer would set the program back as much as Charlie Strong did. Let's hope Covid can have the same positive effect that it did for reviving Shaka Smart and the basketball program.

For instance, "All Along the Watchtower" doesn't make the list because Jimi Hendrix covered a Dylan song in epic fashion, but it does get consideration because U2, Eddie Vedder and Neil Young (among others) have added versions of the song.

You are missing one of my favorites - Come together - Beetles, Joe Cocker, Godsmack, Axl Rose & Bruce, Tina Turner, Elton John, Michael Jackson, Aerosmith and of course Gary Clark Jr.

I think this kind of drama queen over reaction is why we're in the recruiting position we're in. If the alums and BMDs would have publicly said, "Hey, he's our coach who brought in 2 new coordinators and got little to no spring or summer practices to install their systems on top of a total disruption of these kids lives and we'll tolerate some inconsistency." we'd be in a much better place. Let's all stop stirring the f'ing pot and give these coaches a chance to do their jobs. More of this crap just guarantees we'll be in the same place or worse next year. But stirring the pot sells subscriptions.
You're blaming the messenger. That's pretty much the definition.

I still believe that some time between December 20 and January 20 we will hear an announcement that Herman has been fired. Within three hours of that we will hear reports of his successor.
I mean... it's certainly possible.

Reactions: usa_jwtw
Leonardo-DiCaprio-Django-Unchained-You-Had-my-Curiosity.gif
short story

I went to Crazyhorse II with a bunch of Rivals guys. Hung out with a dancer that had been in Playboy for a couple of hours. She asked for my number and gave it to her thinking she'd never call me the next dat, but she did and I was in the movie theater when she did. When I got out and scrambled to call her back, she never answered.

@Ketchum - belated Buy/Sell - James Franklin would be our coach within the next month or so if he hadn’t crapped the bed this year.
If you buy that, then B/S follow up - half the reason CDC is rolling with Herman for 2021 is to give James Franklin a chance to have a bounce-back year, and the other half is give Tom Herman that same chance.
Buy

Sell - I'm not sure that's going to work.

Reactions: TexasLawnghorn
While #4 is up there, I don’t understand how this isn’t number 1. This is probably one of the most covered songs of all time and there are some epic renditions of this song. Not only is the song covered with its original lyrics, but many artists have changed the lyrics during their cover as well. I don’t usually offer my opinion when it comes to music, but I can’t agree with you not having this #1.
giphy.gif

“I Heard it Through the Grapevine” was originally recorded by Smokey Robinson (and the Miracles), then by Gladys Knight & the Pips, before being recorded by Marvin Gaye.

After that, Creedence Clearwater Revival covered it, and then Roger Troutman did as well.
Good suggestion.

Perhaps, but I just don't see any evidence to support that. CDC's statement didn't sound like someone who thinks keeping Herman will affect him. Ketch also stated that CDC has the full support of the folks that matter.
I have specifically been told that CDC and Eltife are on the same page,

Reactions: Black Scholes
Karen Carpenter sang the best version of "Song For You". Her inner sadness, loneliness, and insecurity came through on it. It just sounded different when she sang it.
I'm going to need to listen to this asap. I'll get back to you.

Note: Very solid. I wouldn't rank it before a few others.

I prefer Willie's version and definitely Hathaway's version.

Last edited:
Other teams with way less money can bite the bullet and fire a coach. Save recruiting and get the job done CDC. Why does Texas settle to be an after thought. How many players must we lose for something to be done. BMD need to step up.
They still might, but I get the sense they need to know who their guarantee on the box is before doing so.

Normally a TTFTW thread is 10 pages by now.

No one cares anymore. We have been beaten down by the mediocrity.
a. That's not true about the first part. I hope that makes you feel better, even if slightly.

b. I feel you.

When will anyone believe this has NOTHING to do with the buyout dollars??? Stop talking about it. If we had gotten the guy we wanted, the check will already have been delivered.
That's a big IF. That the big IF didn't happen appears to have changed the dynamics, with CDC going out of his way to pain that picture behind the scenes.

Another fine Sunday night missive, Ketch.

Also I agree with you about Card. Hope it happens that way.

He has a chance to be special.
I think Yurcich and Herman have very high hopes.

Is she the singer from the 90's who was a budding star and got really aggressive cancer and died way too early? I think I have her album of hers.

Hook'em
Yes, but she wasn't much of a budding star. She was a true under the radar great that was mostly discovered after her death.

She did a live album when he body was ravaged by cancer and she only had a little bit of time to live. It's a magical performance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT