ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Time for the Longhorns to jump into Ludicrous Speed...)

No. 10 – And Finally ...

My kids Hendrix and Haven officially become kindergarteners on Thursday and I have to make a confession...

I've found myself really sad this weekend knowing that they are growing up. There's a part of me that wants to keep them at the age of five forever.

As others have stated, it gets worse. On Friday, I drop my only child off at TCU for her first year of college. We are very close, especially since she's an only child. I raised her to be fiercely independent and I've told her since she was young that I wanted her to go away for college and have a true experience with new friends and away from her family. The problem is that it worked. While I am excited about her leaving for college (nowhere near as excited as she is), I find myself on the verge of weeping practically every day for the last few days and it's getting worse as Friday approaches. I've been praying daily for God's help to keep me from crying when we actually leave her because I don't want to embarrass her ("Just let me hold it in until we leave the campus...").

Elementary school went quickly, but high school was like a flash. I feel like we just went to freshman orientation and now she's leaving for college. Enjoy your time with them. The best gift you can give them is your time and attention.

Final note: I hate this commercial. It started running a few months ago and it pretty much destroys me every time it comes on, to the point that my daughter teases me when she sees it. The dad's face at the end...damn it.

Reactions: matamoroshorn
My kiddo was in Montessori school everyday for 4 years prior to starting Kinder, so it didn’t bother me much at all. In fact, it was really cool going into the “big” school. You’ve just been used to having your kids home all the time. That’s a luxury.

So, theoretically had we landed all ten of those recruits, does Texas sit at preseason #1 right now?

As others have stated, it gets worse. On Friday, I drop my only child off at TCU for her first year of college. We are very close, especially since she's an only child. I raised her to be fiercely independent and I've told her since she was young that I wanted her to go away for college and have a true experience with new friends and away from her family. The problem is that it worked. While I am excited about her leaving for college (nowhere near as excited as she is), I find myself on the verge of weeping practically every day for the last few days and it's getting worse as Friday approaches. I've been praying daily for God's help to keep me from crying when we actually leave her because I don't want to embarrass her ("Just let me hold it in until we leave the campus...").

Elementary school went quickly, but high school was like a flash. I feel like we just went to freshman orientation and now she's leaving for college. Enjoy your time with them. The best gift you can give them is your time and attention.

Final note: I hate this commercial. It started running a few months ago and it pretty much destroys me every time it comes on, to the point that my daughter teases me when she sees it. The dad's face at the end...damn it.

giphy.gif

My kiddo was in Montessori school everyday for 4 years prior to starting Kinder, so it didn’t bother me much at all. In fact, it was really cool going into the “big” school. You’ve just been used to having your kids home all the time. That’s a luxury.
They've been in school for years now, but this just feels different.

They've been in school for years now, but this just feels different.
Oh ok. My apologies brother. It was just a different drop off location for me. Haha. Honestly, he’s been so fun over the last few years coming into his own that I’m enjoying all the growth and development.

You want to talk about looking like Star Wars for some of these quarterbacks.”

Texas head coach Tom Herman on one of the team's third-down packages, which happens to include Malcolm Roach at nose guard, Joseph Ossai and Jeffrey MuCulloch as the outside rushers, and eight defensive backs on the field at the same time.
Does this remind anyone else of the Manny Diaz days? I think this kind of defensive formation is stupid.

Try trotting 8 DBs out there against LSU. =)roll
Every other team we play we can probably get by with it, save OU and probably Baylor.

Damn... we really need to start recruiting Bellaire Episcopal better. Three prospects on that list all from the same school, crazy.

My son goes there and is a 2021

UT has and is recruiting there - problem is, so are several other schools. saban is on campus regularly, as is Jimbo.

In fact, I'd list the top three most important remaining prospects like this ...

1. DE - Alfred Collins - Bastrop Cedar Creek

Easily the most important prospect left on the board for the Longhorns. He's No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 as far as I'm concerned. Texas isn't shooting from the layup line on this one, despite the close proximity to the Texas campus. A&M is waging quite a battle for his commitment.

2. WR - Quentin Johnson - Temple

There are two uncommitted top-10 in-state talents left in the entire state and Johnson is one of the two.

3. DE - Princely Umanmielen - Manor

Repeat after me ... defensive linemen, defensive linemen and more defensive linemen.

One down, two to go.

Reactions: wfoot
I thought being Texas was living up to a higher bar than being able to play with anyone.

A margarita and I had this completely figured out last night. Being able to "play with anyone" implies having a legitimate chance to win any game against any team. That is what it takes to win championships.

A margarita and I had this completely figured out last night. Being able to "play with anyone" implies having a legitimate chance to win any game against any team. That is what it takes to win championships.
I disagree. That's just a step in the process.

I disagree. That's just a step in the process.

The only step beyond that is actually winning championships. I think we are ready to do that starting this year. But we haven't done it yet.

The only step beyond that is actually winning championships. I think we are ready to do that starting this year. But we haven't done it yet.
Being able to beat the best teams on any given day is just a first step in the process.

Mack Brown had teams capable of beating almost anyone from the day he arrived. It takes a little more step-taking before you're elite.

That list of missed guys is a gut punch. Holy hell what could have been with a few of those namely Moore, Leal, Eno and Dobbins.

Man Texas needs a stud RB in the worst way.

The Walker Little loss was the one that jumped out to me. Ouch. Funny how at the time these things happen there’s a tendency for fans to shrug it off and assume the gap will get filled. You just can’t lose blues, especially up front and expect not to pay for it down the road. Recruiting is a big fvcking deal.

The Walker Little loss was the one that jumped out to me. Ouch. Funny how at the time these things happen there’s a tendency for fans to shrug it off and assume the gap will get filled. You just can’t lose blues, especially up front and expect not to pay for it down the road. Recruiting is a big fvcking deal.
bingo. perfectly put

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT