ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Tom Herman is all-in on the 2018 Longhorns ...)

Texas is going to win the Big12 this fall.
When-Creators-Insisted-WASNT-Gay-Version-Girls.gif

;)

Reactions: Cure4BizCancer
That SEC Player of the Year award says hello, as do leading a team to consecutive national championship games.

Come on...
I don't see anything special in Hurts... he plays behind the best oline in football, hands off 50 times per game to 3 five star running backs, and the 10 times he is asked to throw he throws to an entire two deep of top 100 wideouts. He's only been truly tested twice so far in his young career and he was only average in one of them and dreadful in the other.

Reactions: llanojohn
@Ketchum can you elaborate on your B/S comment that you don’t know if Beck will make it to the Baylor game, given that you have us going 4-2 in to that game? Do you think OU and TCU will scorch us to the point Herman sees he can’t win big games with an anemic offense?
I think the offense could struggle, while the team wins games, especially in those early weeks.

Reactions: rtex63
There is zero proof that Texas is better than last year at this point.

Agreed there is zero proof. There won’t be any either way until mid September. And if Texas isn’t better, it’s going to lose more games than you projected.

Your LHN ideas make sense, but frankly, the LHN actually reduces exposure of the program and its players...Bama and Georgia’s spring games were on ESPN (80+ million potential national viewers) and the Texas spring game was on LHN (primarily Texas minus Houston...Comcast still doesn’t have it). LHN is a great tool for those who enjoy baseball, basketball and other sports, but it’s basically a niche network with poor exposure that DeLoss negotiated at the peak of his power (realignment Armageddon).

I still believe the program would be better off without the LHN and in a deeper conference.
That's not the point, though. You make it into as much of a positive as possible in as many ways as you can. It should be a Death Star weapon.

Reactions: Texus
I still don’t get how you’re such a big Philly fan in every sport but then a cowboys fan.
I had family in Philly and caught my first MLB game at Veterans Stadium in 1983, right about the time the Sixers won the title.

I don't see anything special in Hurts... he plays behind the best oline in football, hands off 50 times per game to 3 five star running backs, and the 10 times he is asked to throw he throws to an entire two deep of top 100 wideouts. He's only been truly tested twice so far in his young career and he was only average in one of them and dreadful in the other.
It's as much about as what the other alternatives are as much as anything. He's all-world compared to the others in every respect.

I see this.

You see this.

Everyone sees this.

Our head football coach doesn’t see this. That’s scary.

I'm not sold on Beck, but explain to me how it is his fault with a poor O-Line, young QBs who haven't set the world on fire, RBs that didn't do crap last night? You think we just need to have a better scheme or call a better game?

Ketch - y’all tell us before a Spring game not to take it too seriously, and then you do exactly that. The offense ran probably 15% of the playbook, didn’t really choose to run the ball, played with 8 scholly o line men and were down about 20% of the team. Herman doesn’t want to tip his hand at all, and I love that.

Also, Hudson will likely start this year st some point.

This team is going to shock the world.

Taking your B/S response in to account, it would be insane to think Texas has 2016 Swoopes mini-me starting in 2018. Not sure if you meant 2014 or 2015, because these are his 2016 stats:

Passing
5/9 att/comp, 66 yards, 1 Int.

Rushing
54 att, 174 yards, 7 TD

Reactions: OleBraach
Im just shocked how quickly you are willing to jump off the Daniel Young bandwagon as a guy who has called himself the president of the Daniel Young Fan Club.

One glorified practice scrimmage where Young receives a grand total of 3 carries behind a mishmash offensive line, and you are already writing his eulogy by proclaiming he should be behind a part time converted wide receiver on the depth chart?

Forgive me, but Im not jumping off the Young bandwagon just yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT