ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Tom Herman made my ears perk on Saturday...)

… Reggie Hemphill-Mapps is ahead of where I think I thought he’d probably be.

I've only seen the Spring Game, but he is light years ahead of where I thought he'd be. He was Shane's 1st down security blanket early in the game. In a position that is stacked, I don't know how you keep him off the field.

Yes, Jerry Gray all day long.
Come on people...the question was referring to guys Ketch has seen play at Texas. Ketch did not see Jerry Gray play. Hence Ketch's response that Gray predates him. Is this that complicated?

I'll take your advice and wait until August before passing judgment, Ketch. But, I simply can't process how a former 5 star recruit (Erick Fowler) is still lining up with the 3's after the Spring of his 2nd year of eligibility. I didn't realise Texas was THAT loaded on D.

Jimmy Johnson called the radio station in Dallas on the eve of the championship game against the 49ers and said, "we're going to win the damn game, you can print in giant letters on the front the page" or something to that effect. In doing so, Jimmy told his players and the fans to stop being pansies, Dallas dominated the 49ers later that week.

Tom Herman sort of did the same thing on Saturday following the question about how many Big 12 championships caliber players he has on his roster. In doing so, he publicly communicated the expectations he had for himself, his staff and the program, without being shy and without wiggle room for future refuge. He also told the fans what they should expect, and in a round about way, to stop being pansies.

#ThisIsTexas

First time we have had a coach that I think will be superior to Bob Stoops and every other Big 12 coach.

Definitely was worth the wait.

- Herman dropped clues for weeks that he really likes this team. Props to him for quantifying what we knew.

- These receivers have the potential to be sick.

- I'm starting to wonder if 8-4 is selling this team short. When you consider Herman hit the ground running at his last two gigs, we might be underestimating him. I'm heading to Vegas next month. Should I place a bet for you?

- Does Strong watch Texas this season and feel like he would have done that if given more time?

- I might take that Texas vs. USC bet. Coaching should help.

- When it comes to the new locker rooms, welcome to the future, Texas
back-future-2.jpg

- If you believe Herman when he says this team has 18 Big 12 Championship players, wouldn't you have to believe Collin Johnson could have a 1,000 yard season?

- Nick Saban is viewed as a media monster, but Harbaugh gets a pass? I would probably hate covering either program.

- When it comes to Isaiah Thomas, it's hard to know what a grieving person needs at that moment. When coworkers have a death in the family, sometimes they prefer to bury themselves in work as a distraction. I think it would be worse if Thomas wanted to take off and was told no. By the way, he did score 33 points ...

- Going viral for a urine photo is like being a serious rapper who finally becomes an international star for "Whomp, There It Is." Now I know how Pitbull and Ice Cube feel.
51G7DYV7E6L.jpg

Not sure what to make of not knowing Young the Giant.

I wonder what the talk about QB would be if Shane played against the first team defense the entire game and Sam played against the second team defense the entire game.
Herman made sure that didn't happen.

idjut.gif

smh. give it a rest already.. even ketch has finally given buechele his props. shane played against the first team defense of every team in the big 12 last season as a true freshman and performed well. ehlinger's numbers might have been a little better, but buechele would still have shown to clearly be qb1. people need to stop fighting it and accept he is the better of the two.
Oh, I dunno. It's a fair point to make.

Jerry Gray was bigger than Earl, and maybe a bit faster. And Earl is a future HOF, to give you an idea of just how good Gray was. Tremendous athlete.
Bigger and faster doesn't mean better.

Definitely was worth the wait.

- Herman dropped clues for weeks that he really likes this team. Props to him for quantifying what we knew.

- These receivers have the potential to be sick.

- I'm starting to wonder if 8-4 is selling this team short. When you consider Herman hit the ground running at his last two gigs, we might be underestimating him. I'm heading to Vegas next month. Should I place a bet for you?

I need to check my sugar level because I have been drinking so much koolaid

- Does Strong watch Texas this season and feel like he would have done that if given more time?

Strong did say this was a 10 win team no matter who was coaching ;)

- I might take that Texas vs. USC bet. Coaching should help.

Again, another glass of koolaid.

Reactions: Anwar Richardson
idjut.gif

smh. give it a rest already.. even ketch has finally given buechele his props. shane played against the first team defense of every team in the big 12 last season as a true freshman and performed well. ehlinger's numbers might have been a little better, but buechele would still have shown to clearly be qb1. people need to stop fighting it and accept he is the better of the two.

Bookmarked.

Yes because Herman had no clue what the QBs can do and he has seen them just as much as the public has right? Why is this becoming a thing, like Herman has no clue what Sam looks like with the ones after all this time?

Herman knows everything about QBs, and manipulating the digestion of the first and only look at his offense (to recruits, to the media, to opposing DCs). And THAT is exactly why the 1s played all game against the 2s, including Shane and Sam.

The desired outcome was achieved.

Reactions: GishMD
Jerry Gray was bigger than Earl, and maybe a bit faster. And Earl is a future HOF, to give you an idea of just how good Gray was. Tremendous athlete.

ET ran a sub 4.4 at Pro Day. Gray was not faster than Thomas. As terrific as Gray was, he never had a season like Thomas in '09. It's not a coincidence Thomas has been the far better pro.

Reactions: Hook 'em Danno
ADVERTISEMENT