ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Tom Herman made my ears perk on Saturday...)

Yes because Herman had no clue what the QBs can do and he has seen them just as much as the public has right? Why is this becoming a thing, like Herman has no clue what Sam looks like with the ones after all this time?

LonghornsLegend, I agree with you. For some reason many on this board use the Spring Game as a referendum/audition for starting spots on the next season. To most coaches its just the final practice of spring and a show to put on for the fans. After 15 closed door practices they have most likely made up their minds about the abilities of each player prior to the Spring Game.

Couldn't agree more on the Edwin Freeman thought!

I think that Herman is using tough love to challenge LJH because he sees that the sky is the limit for him. I think he sees potential greatness and is trying to get LJH to that point.
100-percent correct.

Suggesting he was bad last season. Suggesting Brandon Harris or Malik Zaire would be a better option. Stuff like that.
a. He played poorly in 7 of his final 10 games.
b. His played mostly substandard against teams with winning records (one game with a +135 rating and that was at KSU, which was inflated by Duvernay's 80-yard play).
c. He played poorly on the road (Game ratings: 111, 128, 131, 176, 117 and 108).

I believe you are being unintentionally dishonest with yourself when you discuss his season.

b. Yeah, I'm going to need to see this team against USC before I start betting. That's the best quarterback in the country against a guy his coach didn't want to see play the 1s. Don't forget that little match-up, which is on the road, a place Buechele has rarely played well.

This happened a lot more places then Texas and with established quarterbacks also. I don't disagree with your premise or about Darnold, but that's certainly an interesting way to state things when discussing both guys. This is the type of stuff people will bring up when Shane plays well and you'll get defensive.

Reactions: TaxSaver
Jimmy said they could print it in three-inch font, which is usually reserved for war.

It had nothing to do with the fans. It was about conveying his confidence to the team.

WRONG - yes, Jimmy was definitely sending a message to his players first and foremost, but he also knew it would impact the city of Dallas that was collectively wringing its hands in angst over the game. By the time that game kicked off the players, the city and the stadium were in a frenzy and the 49ers had ZERO shot at winning that game.

This happened a lot more places then Texas and with established quarterbacks also. I don't disagree with your premise or about Darnold, but that's certainly an interesting way to state things when discussing both guys. This is the type of stuff people will bring up when Shane plays well and you'll get defensive.
why would I get defensive when he plays well? That has literally never happened.

WRONG - yes, Jimmy was definitely sending a message to his players first and foremost, but he also knew it would impact the city of Dallas that was collectively wringing its hands in angst over the game. By the time that game kicked off the players, the city and the stadium were in a frenzy and the 49ers had ZERO shot at winning that game.
I don't remember much angst from the fans. We were the defending champs, were on a giant roll and we were playing at home.

I remember being ready to kick some ass. Yes, that comment amped up the amped even more.

b. His played mostly substandard against teams with winning records (one game with a +135 rating and that was at KSU, which was inflated by Duvernay's 80-yard play).
c. He played poorly on the road (Game ratings: 111, 128, 131, 176, 117 and 108).

I believe you are being unintentionally dishonest with yourself when you discuss his season.

I could say the same for you given you in no way are considering the circumstances.

Do fractured ribs have an effect on throwing the ball? Did the fractured rib occur in game three? Is that a coincidence that his performance started coming down then?

I could say the same for you given you in no way are considering the circumstances.
Oh yeah, he had the best running back in the country taking a huge load off of his shoulders.

Look, there are other things to consider - offense, injuries, playcalling... but the bottom line is that all of those things I listed above are true.

Anyone trying to paint a different picture is living in pretend-land.

Do fractured ribs have an effect on throwing the ball? Did the fractured rib occur in game three? Is that a coincidence that his performance started coming down then?
Is it a coincidence that game three also marked his playing games on the road and with winning records?

Plenty of teams go 1 V 2s. Not sure how somehow that's such a big deal.

Beginning to think that the ratings on SB and a few others (in last years games) may have to be filed away because the coaching and game preparation was almost unprofessional last year.

Reactions: collinhookem18
Beginning to think that the ratings on SB and a few others (in last years games) may have to be filed away because the coaching and game preparation was almost unprofessional last year.
The staff didn't trust Buechele and the offense they called looked like it.

Agree on Edwin Freeman. He makes plays all the time. Gotta get him out there.

Ketch, Mods or anyone in the know,

From the end of the spring game to the start of fall camp what kind of access does Coach McKnight and the asst strength coaches have with the team? Is it back to a hardcore offseason 5:00AM workout kinda thing?

Ketch, Mods or anyone in the know,

From the end of the spring game to the start of fall camp what kind of access does Coach McKnight and the asst strength coaches have with the team? Is it back to a hardcore offseason 5:00AM workout kinda thing?
yes, but usually after finals.

Reactions: coopdog
i agree, but can't believe you actually stated that as it's admitting buechele is the better qb. he wanted everyone to see the best he could in their first and only view, therefore he put his best option at qb. if he thought ehlinger was the better option why wouldn't he start and play him exclusively against the twos? if he's the better of the two then that would've made more sense as it would've made his offense look that much better.. right?

This subject is too complex to discuss in zero sum terms.

image_handler.aspx

01:00: First piece of music on the show is from Young the Giant, an artist that I’ve never come close to hearing of. Thanks LHN, way to make me feel ancient. Why do I have a feeling this won’t be the last time?

Seriously? They are a pretty talented band which has been around for the better part of the last decade. You should do a list of their songs like you do other bands.
We've seen them 4 times and were Friday Night headliners just last week in San Antonio's Maverick Festival.

Here are a few to get you started
Silver Tongue - latest hit

Cough Syrup - how can you have never heard this song.

My Body - probably biggest hit

Mind Over Matter

Apartment

Something To Believe In

Its About Time

Seriously? They are a pretty talented band which has been around for the better part of the last decade. You should do a list of their songs like you do other bands.
We've seen them 4 times and were Friday Night headliners just last week in San Antonio's Maverick Festival.

Here are a few to get you started
Silver Tongue - latest hit

Cough Syrup - how can you have never heard this song.

My Body - probably biggest hit

Mind Over Matter

Apartment

Something To Believe In

Its About Time
are you in the band?

Reactions: lightthetower0510
Come on people...the question was referring to guys Ketch has seen play at Texas. Ketch did not see Jerry Gray play. Hence Ketch's response that Gray predates him. Is this that complicated?

Chill out brother. Actually his question was Jammer the best DB "you've seen play."
His pick was Earl. Love Thomas and Jammer, there have been so many great DB's over the years for the Horns. I and others were saying the best we've seen play is Jerry Gray.
It's all good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT