Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: Watch out, Colt! Here comes Quinn...

Yes, but we're talking about road performances
Ok. I was basically making the point that (like Quinn) VY had his early struggles then popped a wheelie and left everyone in his dust. And yet, Quinn has the opportunity to accomplish more than even VY did.

Reactions: RTR
I never liked it.
oh-well-shrug.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum
Yes.

The 2008 team lost in the last moment to a ranked Texas Tech team when the Big 12 was the best conference in the NCAA.

The 2009 team ran the table in a competitive Big 12 conference.

We can’t say the Big 12 was competitive last season…
Great points.
The only way Quinn makes a case for being better than Colt is by winning the Natty. Even then Colt had a far worse OL and was incredibly accurate and definitely had better wheels than Quinn.

That said, I hope Quinn leads us to a NC and even picks up some Heisman hardware along the way.

Yes.

The 2008 team lost in the last moment to a ranked Texas Tech team when the Big 12 was the best conference in the NCAA.

The 2009 team ran the table in a competitive Big 12 conference.

We can’t say the Big 12 was competitive last season…
You just skipped over that whole 2009 season. ;)

Ok. I was basically making the point that (like Quinn) VY had his early struggles then popped a wheelie and left everyone in his dust. And yet, Quinn has the opportunity to accomplish more than even VY did.
well, let's not go quite that far.

Reactions: darrenj
Great points.
The only way Quinn makes a case for being better than Colt is by winning the Natty. Even then Colt had a far worse OL and was incredibly accurate and definitely had better wheels than Quinn.

That said, I hope Quinn leads us to a NC and even picks up some Heisman hardware along the way.
Quinn is already a better player on the road. Already matched him in conference titles.

Quinn is already a better player on the road. Already matched him in conference titles.
And if Quinn gets us to Natty game he’ll match Colt.
If he wins a Natty he’ll one up Colt.

Right now, as it stands today,
Colt > Quinn.

Reactions: RTR
The Colt fan boys won’t like this one.

Well let’s face it, if Colt was driving this offense he would have cakewalked through the big12 and Nebraska and bama.

There simply is no comparison between 09 offense and 2024 offense, personnel wise.
The only two decisions across the board is Colt/Quinn and Jordan/one of the WRs. Not a single person from 09 O other than above would have possibly started for 2024 offense. Most would not have been on the two deep.

And also think about this scenario, Quinn on the 09 team I don’t think gets to Pasadena. It wasn’t his skill set. Not saying he is a worse QB, just a very different skill set and areas where he excels. And that team made it to Pasadena only because Colt could cover those areas where the team had huge gaping holes.

Reactions: Buffalosoldiers
well, let's not go quite that far.
Why?

VY didn't beat OU twice...didn't win a Heisman (though of course that was a ridiculous theft)...didn't win two Conference championships.

Quinn can do all those things...and I think he will!

Well let’s face it, if Colt was driving this offense he would have cakewalked through the big12 and Nebraska and bama.

There simply is no comparison between 09 offense and 2024 offense, personnel wise.
The only two decisions across the board is Colt/Quinn and Jordan/one of the WRs. Not a single person from 09 O other than above would have possibly started for 2024 offense. Most would not have been on the two deep.

And also think about this scenario, Quinn on the 09 team I don’t think gets to Pasadena. It wasn’t his skill set. Not saying he is a worse QB, just a very different skill set and areas where he excels. And that team made it to Pasadena only because Colt could cover those areas where the team had huge gaping holes.
Colt is a legend. Colt will be passed on the pyramid when Quinn wins a natty and Heisman this year.

Reactions: mkalman4867
Night Shift was first rated R movie I saw. I was in JR High and parents really didn’t monitor my at home movie watching. Had a friend over and we watched it.

Friend goes home and tells his siblings about a movie he watched where people have sex in the drawers at a morgue. Siblings tell parents and he was not allowed over at our house again.

The Longhorns didn't get to Pasadena in 2009 because of Colt. They got there in spite of him.

The Longhorns didn't get to Pasadena in 2009 because of Colt. They got there in spite of him.

Hahahahahaha, holy crickey, hot take Batman.

You think that offense was anything other than Colt to Shipley or Colt running for his life making off the cuff plays or simply running for rhe 1st down or TD?!?

Where exactly do you think that offense was limited by Colt?

Let’s focus on the Neb game in particular. OU game works also.

I’ll wait.

You think that offense was anything other than Colt to Shipley or Colt running for his life making off the cuff plays or simply running for rhe 1st down or TD?!?

I’ll wait.

OU game: 21 of 39 for 127 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT (84.5 game rating - also lost 2 fumbles)

Neb game: 20 of 26 for 184 yards and 3 INT (81.8 rating)

Tech game: 24 of 34 for 205 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT (119.2 rating)

• Wow
Reactions: MB-HORNS
OU game: 21 of 39 for 127 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT (84.5 game rating - also lost 2 fumbles)

Yes and you leaving out the fact he was running for his life in both games because his Oline in 09 is one of the worst at Texas ever tells me everything I need to know about your evaluation. You act like he plays the game by himself and it’s only his skill that determines the outcome?!? Against Neb they used 3 guys to block Suh and failed even then. How on earth does a QB execute the game plan? He doesn’t. He goes off schedule and does his best.

Seriously, ketch. I expect sophomoric analysis from twat waffle MB idiots. I expect you to understand that the other 10 guys affect the play of the QB.

Quinn would have done worse than Colt had in those games. He doesn’t have the tools to create in the off schedule stuff which was 99% of 2009.

Reactions: msbbo421
Seriously, ketch. I expect sophomoric analysis from twat waffle MB idiots. I expect you to understand that the other 10 guys affect the play of the QB.

And I expect that 15 years later we can have an honest conversation about the way he played at times that season... You don't seem willing to have it.

He was awful vs. OU in 2009 and it's intellectually dishonest to blame it on everyone else.

I’ll wait.
Add A&M game to that list

A 2008 team that lost in Lubbock?

A 2009 team that nearly lost to an average OU team, an average Nebraska team and wasn't dominant at any pointin the season?

We all know what could have prevented that loss in Lubbock.... 😃

It's not. It's a neutral game.
It is a neutral site but it is a road game. A road game is where you get on the road to go to game. Maybe as a writer get your language straight. You did not say an away game you said road game. But you have been nothing more than a cheerleader in here for 20 years driving subscriptions. I wish I had a dollar for all the BS you have put out over that time. Keep cashing your check lol

Yeah and Quinn gets hurt before Nebraska game…if he comes back for Nebraska, he gets shattered by Suh.

Ketch - you’ve gone full throttle cray cray on this take. Colt is absolutely the main reason we were that good. You’ve always said you’re only getting as far as your QB can lead you. That was Colt. He ran for his life against good DL’s.

It is a neutral site but it is a road game. A road game is where you get on the road to go to game. Maybe as a writer get your language straight. You did not say an away game you said road game. But you have been nothing more than a cheerleader in here for 20 years driving subscriptions. I wish I had a dollar for all the BS you have put out over that time. Keep cashing your check lol
This may be one of the dumbest things I’ve seen on here. And that’s saying something!

And I expect that 15 years later we can have an honest conversation about the way he played at times that season... You don't seem willing to have it.

He was awful vs. OU in 2009 and it's intellectually dishonest to blame it on everyone else.

Holy crap. Did you even watch that game?

You know why the Pats lost to the Giants in two super bowls?

Hint, it wasn’t because of Brady’s play.

It was because the giants Dline kicked the **** out of the pats line and THEY made Brady look like somebody else.

Jeezuz this isn’t rocket science. No part of the team plays in a vacuum and QB play hinges on every part of the offense doing their job.

Nobody other than Colt and Jordan got even a cup of coffee in the NFL.

Nobody other than Colt and Jordan would even compete for the 2 deep on this 2024 offense.

The ONLY reason that crap 2009 offense got to even go to the big 12 championship game was Colt and Jordan.