ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (X is better than you think?

Never. Didn’t visually recognize him and then when he was announced, the name didn’t ring a bell either. I Googled him and that didn’t really help. And I listened to your linked videos above and I’ve never heard any of those songs. Yes I suppose neither music nor pop culture is much of a priority for me haha… the fog of raising 2 kids and starting a new career these last however many years I guess.
Damn kids! Always getting in the way. haha

• Haha
Reactions: Hbacker
Damn kids! Always getting in the way. haha
I’d never seen nor heard of Bruno Mars a few years ago either. Nobody at the SB party I was attending believed me.

Last year with Snoop and Dre and Eminem and those guys - definitely yes at least. My musical growth stalled out around the time those dudes were big time on the scene, obviously.

I’d never seen nor heard of Bruno Mars a few years ago either. Nobody at the SB party I was attending believed me.

Last year with Snoop and Dre and Eminem and those guys - definitely yes at least. My musical growth stalled out around the time those dudes were big time on the scene, obviously.
This is why you have to watch the Grammys every year, just to keep in touch with the music of the day. ;)

I do trust my eyes. I also trust what I know. I also know that first in every category is first in every category. I also know that no one else in school history has ever had the raw numbers... regardless of eras.
Passing today is fundamentally different than those eras, which makes the numbers fundamentally incomparable.

Passing today is fundamentally different than those eras, which makes the numbers fundamentally incomparable.
He's No.1 in his own era receptions, yards and touchdowns.

Has Texas ever had anyone in their own era that you could say that about?

He's No.1 in his own era receptions, yards and touchdowns.

Has Texas ever had anyone in their own era that you could say that about?
Worthy is like the baseball player who puts up big back-of-the-card stats but has a WAR around zero. He's going to have counting numbers if you throw him the ball a ton, but that doesn't mean he's actually helping the offense.

You've become fixated with remedial counting statistics and have really dug yourself in on Worthy, in particular. I think it's time to put away the shovel.

Worthy is like the baseball player who puts up big back-of-the-card stats but has a WAR around zero. He's going to have counting numbers if you throw him the ball a ton, but that doesn't mean he's actually helping the offense.

You've become fixated with remedial counting statistics and have really dug yourself in on Worthy, in particular. I think it's time to put away the shovel.
I guess the answer to the question I asked you is no.

Since you completely avoided answering it.

I do trust my eyes. I also trust what I know. I also know that first in every category is first in every category. I also know that no one else in school history has ever had the raw numbers... regardless of eras.
This is what happens when you are targeted 10 times a game because we do not have a secondary wide out two consecutive years. My biggest concern with this team and what shows up in your list is lack of interior OL.

Here's my only problem with the top 25 list. I'm on the record saying this (and I believe you are on the record suggesting the same thing?), that Cedric Baxter will be the best/most talented RB on the roster this fall. Your list today suggests that Baxter is the 3rd best RB on the team this fall.

Therefore, I'd have Baxter ranked ahead of both Keilan Robinson and Jonathan Brooks, even if that puts him ahead of Arch, Anthony Hill, and Ewers.

So you are on the record today saying that you think Robinson and Brooks are both better running backs than Baxter?

This is what happens when you are targeted 10 times a game because we do not have a secondary wide out two consecutive years. My biggest concern with this team and what shows up in your list is lack of interior OL.
Great players get targeted 10 times per game. It would be a crime if he didn't.

The types of targets were the issue last season IMO.

Here's my only problem with the top 25 list. I'm on the record saying this (and I believe you are on the record suggesting the same thing?), that Cedric Baxter will be the best/most talented RB on the roster this fall. Your list today suggests that Baxter is the 3rd best RB on the team this fall.

Therefore, I'd have Baxter ranked ahead of both Keilan Robinson and Jonathan Brooks, even if that puts him ahead of Arch, Anthony Hill, and Ewers.

So you are on the record today saying that you think Robinson and Brooks are both better running backs than Baxter?
At this moment in time, yes.

That could change in two months. Or six.

I completely understand where you are coming from, though.

I guess the answer to the question I asked you is no.

Since you completely avoided answering it.
It's an irrelevant question, as I've said. How many players had more home runs than Ryan Howard from 2004-2016, when he put up a cumulative WAR of 14.7?

Counting stats are of very little value, but you've latched on to them as if they have a great deal.

Great players get targeted 10 times per game. It would be a crime if he didn't.

The types of targets were the issue last season IMO.
First, Worthy is not a great player. Second, his quitting on the deep targets was probably the biggest issue with the offense last season. Third, it was a crime that we continued to target him as much as we need in light of the first and second points.

First, Worthy is not a great player. Second, his quitting on the deep targets was probably the biggest issue with the offense last season. Third, it was a crime that we continued to target him as much as we need in light of the first and second points.

Michael Keaton Batman GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19
I wonder the impact of 2020-COVID-, has had on the development of this upcoming recruiting class in Texas. Will there more late bloomers? @Ketchum

I’ve been pretty spot on when it comes to eyeing talent on the team before people jump on the player’s bandwagon. My hits have been Brooks and Banks. My miss has been Gunnar Helms. With that said, I think Tapp will be in the Top 25 at some point this season.

Reactions: Duanej6
I’ve been pretty spot on when it comes to eyeing talent on the team before people jump on the player’s bandwagon. My hits have been Brooks and Banks. My miss has been Gunnar Helms. With that said, I think Tapp will be in the Top 25 at some point this season.
Very possible. It would be a great development.

Reactions: cagrafft
@Ketchum

Late Buy/Sell: Texas and CDC will pay more to the new MBB coach than Sark’s salary.

What's your full top 10 look like?
Ay Caramba - well, I do have President’s Day off. Let me give this a shot.

It turns out I only have 4 of your top 10 in mine.

Last ones out: You Should Probably Leave, Whiskey and You, Cold, Was it 26, Whiskey Sunrise

10. Scarecrow in the Garden - great lyrics. Great ending

9. If it Hadn’t Been for Love - Adele covering this song certainly didn’t hurt his momentum.

8. Either Way - powerful vocals, powerful and sobering lyrics

7. Midnight Train to Memphis - driving beat, great energy, good interplay of all instruments

6. What Are You Listening To?

5. Starting Over - catchy af

4. When the Stars Come Out

3. Outlaw State of Mind - coiled energy. Love it as the coda to Hell or High Water. Would probably be #1 if it wasn’t a bit meandering at the end.

2. Tennessee Whiskey

1. I Was Wrong

I will second guess this all day, I bet.

Ay Caramba - well, I do have President’s Day off. Let me give this a shot.

It turns out I only have 4 of your top 10 in mine.

Last ones out: You Should Probably Leave, Whiskey and You, Cold, Was it 26, Whiskey Sunrise

10. Scarecrow in the Garden - great lyrics. Great ending

9. If it Hadn’t Been for Love - Adele covering this song certainly didn’t hurt his momentum.

8. Either Way - powerful vocals, powerful and sobering lyrics

7. Midnight Train to Memphis - driving beat, great energy, good interplay of all instruments

6. What Are You Listening To?

5. Starting Over - catchy af

4. When the Stars Come Out

3. Outlaw State of Mind - coiled energy. Love it as the coda to Hell or High Water. Would probably be #1 if it wasn’t a bit meandering at the end.

2. Tennessee Whiskey

1. I Was Wrong

I will second guess this all day, I bet.
a few thoughts...

a. No Tennessee Whiskey at No.1 is ballsy.

b. I totally forgot about Outlaw State of Mind. Good call.

c. Kinda surprised What are You Listening to? ranked so high. It's the opposite of Outlaw state of mind.

I like your top 10. Shows how deep his list is and he's got decades of music making left in him.

a few thoughts...

a. No Tennessee Whiskey at No.1 is ballsy.

b. I totally forgot about Outlaw State of Mind. Good call.

c. Kinda surprised What are You Listening to? ranked so high. It's the opposite of Outlaw state of mind.

I like your top 10. Shows how deep his list is and he's got decades of music making left in him.
I could listen to him sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider

Reactions: The House of El
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT