ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (X is better than you think?

Trust your eyes, and get off the raw numbers put up in a completely different era.

I do trust my eyes. I also trust what I know. I also know that first in every category is first in every category. I also know that no one else in school history has ever had the raw numbers... regardless of eras.

Reactions: Texus and KoolMoD
This doesn't even make honorable mention?

Birthday Girl Eating GIF by TLC

I don’t see Whittington in top 10 at all - I don’t think there’s a single opposing defensive coordinator who fears him or feels like they need to scheme to take him out of games. If he were a threat as wr2, we wouldn’t have gone after neyor or Mitchell so hard (and yes I know they play different wr roles than Whittington)
I understand thinking he's overrated and slotted too high.

I am not a huge modern Country music fan. But, it is easy to be a fan of Stapleton. The man is supremely talented when it comes to music. As someone who has played music, it is easy to respect his talent. I love the blues inspired music, as that is near and dear to my heart as the core of much of the music I love.

He plays music that it seems appeals to everyone,

I know I'll take some heat for this, but if Casey Thompson had been QB 1 for Texas in '22, Worthy would have been all-conference and Texas almost certainly makes the Big 12 championship. Thompson connected with Worthy on passes of 52, 62, 63 and 75 yards, even though he only started 9 games and was playing with a major hand injury in several others. He completed 5 passes longer than 50 yards in 2022. Thompson's passer rating was 154.7 in '21 and 150.1 last year, playing for a putrid Nebraska team. Despite playing on a team with a much better OL and with a much better defense, Ewers didn't complete a single pass over 50 yards and finished the season with a 132.6 passer rating. Not implying that Casey is more talented than Ewers, but he definitely would have put Texas in a better place had he stayed and started last year.
That's not a wild statement.

Reactions: kwayne64
@Ketchum looks like Liverpool finally are getting their act together. They will push Real for sure.

Rashford has more goals in him. Should be a good second leg against Barca this week.
we save very unsure performances for Real. I don't trust our midfield at this point. Here's hoping they show up and deliver.

Rashford is on a heater. Let's see if Barca completely moves around is defense this week. Weird moves in mid-week a few days ago.

Reactions: TexasSwagger
You claim to be ranking the top 25 players on the roster, not making comparisons to other players at their position.
Slotting average to below average players inside a group of other average to below average players isn't easy.

Spot on. We finally have depth at WR. No emotions or being held hostage by any one player anymore. This is a sign of a good team.

The people around him every day, especially the coaches don't view him that way.

Dean Dillon wrote “Tennessee Whiskey” and over 50 of George Strait’s charted songs. Obviously the Stapleton version (2015) was great but it was a cover version of the David Allan Coe (1981) and the George Jones (1983) versions. Also extremely well done by those two legends over 40 years ago.

Among my favorite songs he wrote for Strait were “Easy Come, Easy Go”, “Marina del Rey”, “Ocean Front Property” and “The Chair”.

And one of my favorites or all time “Empty Glass” for Gary Stewart as well as Vern Gosdin’s “Set em Up Joe”

An amazing Hall of Fame song writer.
did not know he wrote Empty Glass. Thanks for the knowledge.

FIFY
It’s “Blake”

No.1 - OT - Kelvin Banks - So.

When it's all said and done, we're going to be talking about him in the rarified air of Leonard Davis, Mike Williams and Brock Brockermeyer as arguably the best tackles in the last three decades of Texas football.
Duh. My bad.

You can blindly pick a top 10 for Stapleton and make an argument that it’s appropriate.

That said - I have Midnight Train to Memphis, If It Hadn’t Been For Love, and Outlaw State of Mind in my version of his Top 10.

What's your full top 10 look like?

I tried to tell you that Jacoby Jones was a loss on the defense his last year when he got hurt, but you said he was just a jag. No he wasn't all world, but we missed him.
He's still just a guy.

I always look forward to TTFTW. Thanks.
Been a big UT baseball fan for decades. I've seen us start out great and collapse, and seen us start out terribly and pick up momentum. Whatever happens this season, I'll roll with it. If it's ugly, I still won't post negative comments.
Chris Stapleton is awesome. I'm still considering-and maybe you and others should-traveling to Nashville July 28-29 to see him perform with George Strait and Little Big Town.
Damn, that sounds like a great show.

Reading the top 25 makes me sad. I left the section thinking we just don’t have much that is proven at all.

Reading the top 25 makes me sad. I left the section thinking we just don’t have much that is proven at all.
Those guys have all played a lot of football, just not at an elite level.

Never. Didn’t visually recognize him and then when he was announced, the name didn’t ring a bell either. I Googled him and that didn’t really help. And I listened to your linked videos above and I’ve never heard any of those songs. Yes I suppose neither music nor pop culture is much of a priority for me haha… the fog of raising 2 kids and starting a new career these last however many years I guess.

They need to cancel the dunk contest. When you have to bring up a G league guy to make it exciting it's over. I miss the days of the NBA players making a contest of it..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT