ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend

YNWA.

Don't forget Raheem Sterling - kid is a boss. Tom Brady looks up to Stevie G as a role model. Adam Lallana will be a beast in red. That is all.

Are you backing off your prediction of a top 10 class? Seems like you are hedging a bit to top 15.

The question really is, how much difference can 1 off season under the new make? The answer to this be had in a little less than 7 weeks.

My assumption is that on a team that won 8 games last year, it will be enough to assure at least 8 wins this year as well. The big question is will it make enough difference to score wins against BU, UCLA, OU and OSU -

Unfortunately, 3 of those happen in the first 6 weeks of the season which will make it very tough. I think by the end of the season, this will be a team nobody wants to play - I suspect Texas will win whatever bowl in convincing fashion and head into next year with a lot of momentum.

The story of Lebron going back home to Cleveland can't be written without address why he left Miami and acknowledging the reality that Dwayne Wade is no longer one of the top 5-6 players in the league capable of playing 75 games & 38 minutes a night. That reality made the Heat's financial structure no longer viable. Lebron was able to separate his personal and professional feelings about Wade, which to his credit, can be very hard for people to do.

I think the storyline of going back to Cleveland is cool, but I'm not going to believe that even if the Heat won the championship this year, he was headed back there anyhow.

In reference to the RB situation for the 2015 class, how does our current list of commits & Warren compare to LSU's current commit Nick Brossette? Is there that much of a separation between him and Warren?

Ketch, solid choice in Liverpool. Check out liverpooloffside.sbnation.com. Blog and articles about Liverpool. Transfer news, player articles, etc.

Thanks for the in depth analysis on the depth chart and recruiting. I hope that you are spot on with your predictions. I'm a little nervous on DE, I hope more names arise.

And WTF is right.....Sleeping and eating with your dead mom's bones EEEEEUUUUUUUWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Originally posted by 40acrefanatic:
YNWA
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I'm in. I'm going to make it to the official watch-party and see about joining the fan club here in Austin.

Play starts in August, right?

A little overly PC with the con for arsenal being a cannon on their logo.

Fits with the name of team.

Originally posted by houstonhorn87:
So we got 1 DE in last years class, and this year a CC player and one other? Is that enough depth?
Not really. The depth is an issue. Ideally, you want four or five that can play at a high level, not four or five on the roster.

I decided on Liverpool too. I really like their coach from what I have heard and read about him and he might not be the best player on the planet but I really liked watching Daniel Sturridge and I watched some highlights of Lazar Markovic when his name was mentioned last week and I thought he would be a fun young player to watch.

Originally posted by HookemUK:
Congratulations on making your choice, Ketch. Liverpool will be an interesting, and emotional, team to follow... I hope they keep you interested...
I just need to watch them a few times and get the connection.

If I find myself not liking them, I'll punt.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Fan in Dallas:
"Am I crazy for liking Lance Stephenson for the Mavericks more than Chandler Parsons?"

YES!!!
Young, fearless and dumb.

You can fix Stephenson's issues with a little more life experience. I know this... I'll take that guy on the floor in a key game. He's not afraid of the moment and gives whatever team he plays for an edge, something Dallas needs IMO.

Originally posted by TheProfiler:
DeMarco Cobbs was left off the list of LBers returning.
I'll fix that. tired eyes and brain.

Originally posted by darickc:
"Three Little Birds" was played at my friend's funeral a couple years ago. It didn't make the whole situation as sad when that song came on
Bob has a way of just making everything feel better. That was one of his gifts. If I'm ever having a bad day, I know what playlist to go to.

Originally posted by Lngnstrt:
Would recruiting be better, worse, or the same if Suddes were still around?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I don't think Suddes could have changed the entire picture, but he would have helped make for a smoother transition. If Charlie wanted to make a change there, he should have kept Suddes for a few more months, allowed Suddes to look for a new job and then bring his new guy to learn all the important details from Suddess before making the transition complete.

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Liverpool

Pros: Badass players include Steven Gerrard, Daniel Sturridge, Philippe Coutinho, Lucas Leiva and Martin ?krtel. Hometown of the Beatles. Not in London. Stadium was built in the 19th century. Big rival is Manchester United. Team song is "You'll Never Walk Alone" and the scene before and after games when they sing it is pretty epic. The city's symbol is something called a liver bird.

Cons: Lost Suarez, which was the single biggest reason I was originally attracted to them. Not in London. Might not have been John Lennon or Paul McCartney's favorite team.

You can make a strong case for all three, but in the end I eliminated the Arsenal because of the Bin Laden connection and the fact that I like the other team's colors and mascots/crests/whatever they are called.

That left a showdown between Chelsea and Liverpool. When I asked my wife for her opinion, she replied, "I like Liverpool, it's a hard town."

So it is said, so it shall be written. Add her seal of approval with the fact that former Liverpool player Dirk Kuyt took staples to the head in order to stay in Saturday's third-place game against Brazil and you've got a done deal.

This fall I'm taking my fan talents to Liverpool.

1561664.jpg

This post was edited on 7/13 9:45 PM by Ketchum
Congrats on the pick, and happy that you chose Liverpool.

Just booked my travel to Chicago for the friendly against Olympiakakos! Stoked!!!!

At the the time of their commitments, I would have thought we'd have the best LB group in the country with Hicks, Edmond and Jinkens back there....

I'm praying every day that Gray comes back with a vengeance.

If think is Ash stays healthy, he has a huge year. I hope Heard shirts but I know that won't happen....

Transformers was absolutely A-W-F-U-L!!

Originally posted by SpaceCityWrangler:
What about the mystery recruit who will commit next weekend or shortly after? You left him off.

We're taking 6 OL.

We're taking another LB/DE type. Thompson? Brown? Wheeler? McNeal?
a. I probably left more than a few eventual commitments off.

b. You might be right about 6, but I don't know who the 6th is going to be unless they dip in for another mid-tier in-state guy.

c. Wheeler would be an obvious possible addition. Almost kept him in.

Originally posted by A-10HORN:

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by Big Ernie McCracken:
No Colbert at 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team safety???
I'm not sure he's going to be a factor. Listed the freshmen ahead of him because think they push for playing time.
Hmm. What's going on there?
He hasn't really made a dent in the program thus far on the field. When that happens and you have talented young guys behind you, you get passed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT