ADVERTISEMENT

Longhorn's Fall Camp Thread

So Shark has a strained pec, and Overshown has been taking reps in his place.

I believe that game was in 94. I thought the 94 game was more of a debacle on offense. I didn't get there until 95 but I do believe in 95 they ripped our shorts with the option. Clob can correct me if I am wrong but basically they would run the either veer or mid line away from Chris Akins and _arnell didn't have any adjustments.
Yeah, I was referring to '94. Although a low scoring game, rice pretty much ran it at will similar to every UT loss to KSt.
Chit happens, but I had to needle our honest insider a little bit. Besides, there isn't a whole lot of fooseball to talk about just yet.

Sam reminds you of Major Applewhite???

One was 6 foot tall, 185 lbs soaking wet and I don't care WHAT the roster listed him at, dude was lucky to be 185-- one is 6'2.5 and weighs 235.
One had pinpoint accuracy with his passes even if he couldn't throw it through a plate glass window, the other is lucky to hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle.

One had the football brain and defensive reading ability of a quantum physicist, the jury is still out on the other.

When receivers were covered up, one would make a throw only the receiver could get to, the other tucks and runs before he gets to his 3rd progression.

I've said for years that during Major's tenure, we had the perfect QB on our team-- if you took Major's brain and put it in Chris's body.

honestly, and i dont mean this to sound like its going to sound. Sam threw 3 of the worst interceptions in the history of football at any level last year. the WORST. I really hope he improves his decision making skills.

Im also willing to chalk some of that up to him gettting ding donged and not really being himself. im hoping that this is the case

Ash played over Case....except when he was hu
So Shark has a strained pec, and Overshown has been taking reps in his place.
LB is really thin right now. Freeman transferred, Boyd suspended, Shark hurt.

Ash played over Case....except when he was hu

LB is really thin right now. Freeman transferred, Boyd suspended, Shark hurt.

Yeah but thankfully Shark is only supposed to miss a couple weeks.

My boy tells me that our senior rice tackle isn't running with the ones. He did not emphasize "yet".

That's a former DB telling me he can see how slow an oline dude is.

My boy tells me that our senior rice tackle isn't running with the ones. He did not emphasize "yet".

That's a former DB telling me he can see how slow an oline dude is.

If we have someone more talented already on the roster, that's a plus... but he is added depth even if his heavy ass sinks that side of the line, somebody has to move him.

The right side sounds somewhat set at the moment with E Rod and Kerstetter and Imade getting Reps.

Shack at Center with Vahe at LG, all eyes are on LT.

Speaking of OL, I hear Hudson has been getting his ass handed to him by Coburn.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I have read that Omineho....aww hell Metcalf....help me out, you can spell anything. Anyway I read that he completelt has his way with anyone in front of him and Hand is raking his guys over for it. Zero sum game I guess so I dont know whether I should be excited for how good Ominewho is or how bad our O-line is again.

I also read that Kirk Johnson is at least the second best RB we have.....at least. I have read that WR Johnson is playing like he is on a mission. LJH has looked good from what I hear.

I have no first hand knowledge and only parrot what I have seen from pirated reports put out by the typers at IT and OB.

of course, as always, past performance is no guarantee of future success....

I almost forgot....Caden Sterns has been running with the 1's from the get go and has "bad ass" written all over him.

I think Anderson will eventually be the starter at LT. I have no first hand information but I bet they are making him "earn" it rather than just handing it to him. If not, then he is more depth which we needed too.

I think Anderson will eventually be the starter at LT. I have no first hand information but I bet they are making him "earn" it rather than just handing it to him. If not, then he is more depth which we needed too.

Making him 'earn it' is the general consensus. They started him on third team and now he is working with the second team. Just hope all the recruiting of him and press from it didn't go to his head.

I have read that Omineho....aww hell Metcalf....help me out, you can spell anything. Anyway I read that he completelt has his way with anyone in front of him and Hand is raking his guys over for it. Zero sum game I guess so I dont know whether I should be excited for how good Ominewho is or how bad our O-line is again.

Lol. Omenihu, but that's a tough one so I won't dog you for that.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I also read that Kirk Johnson is at least the second best RB we have.....at least. I have read that WR Johnson is playing like he is on a mission. LJH has looked good from what I hear.

I have no first hand knowledge and only parrot what I have seen from pirated reports put out by the typers at IT and OB.

of course, as always, past performance is no guarantee of future success....

yeah a lot of people are sleeping on Kirk, despite me trying to wake them up. If he can finally stay healthy, he is our top RB, period. Not counting Ingram of course. Have to see him in college action before I can rate him.

Last edited:
Reactions: weevilcatch
yeah a lot of people are sleeping on Kirk, despite me trying to wake them up. If he can finally stay healthy, he is our top RB, period. Not counting Ingram of course. Have to see him in college action before I can rate him.
Daniel Young has been my favorite, but really there isn’t enough overall playing time to really be set. However, I will go with Kirk if you say so. I still remember your heads up on D’Onte Foreman.

Johnson has the pedigree.
Don't know how the injuries have change his ability to run.

Porter is finished to me
Carter and Watson don't have enough size to run every down
Houston is so far down the depth chart that this recent injury might finish his career.

It is between Young, Ingram and Johnson.

Truthfully Ingram has the most potential.
If UT has a big year I believe it will because Ingram has established himself as a starter by the WV game.

It might take 7 weeks because he is a freshman.

Johnson has the pedigree.
Don't know how the injuries have change his ability to run.

Porter is finished to me
Carter and Watson don't have enough size to run every down
Houston is so far down the depth chart that this recent injury might finish his career.

It is between Young, Ingram and Johnson.

Truthfully Ingram has the most potential.
If UT has a big year I believe it will because Ingram has established himself as a starter by the WV game.

It might take 7 weeks because he is a freshman.

I'm just worried about KJ getting injured. If he doesn't, I don't see Ingram taking his spot. I can see those two being the main two backs, but I have to actually see Ingram in action. I was not impressed by his poor performance in the Under Armor game, but that is just an all star game. Can't judge him on that.

I'm just worried about KJ getting injured. If he doesn't, I don't see Ingram taking his spot. I can see those two being the main two backs, but I have to actually see Ingram in action. I was not impressed by his poor performance in the Under Armor game, but that is just an all star game. Can't judge him on that.
In the UA game Deion was trying to show his Back off from his Trinity Christian.
Ingram only got into a few plays and it was nothing special.

He is above average at everything.
Just needs to listen to his coaches and learn the offense.

Tom Herman has said he doesn't recruit skill players who he won't play as a freshman.
Once the light is on the kid I think he will shine.
Give me a RB out of East Texas 100% of the time.
No disrespect to the rest of the state and their RB

Last edited:
Daniel Young has been my favorite, but really there isn’t enough overall playing time to really be set. However, I will go with Kirk if you say so. I still remember your heads up on D’Onte Foreman.

Lol, yeah I got laughed at when I said Foreman was our next big time back. To be clear, I'm not saying KJ is D'Onta. Just saying he's a solid back with some big playmaking ability, which IMO makes him our best as of right now.

I see him as a Vondrell McGee with vision. If Vondrell would've had vision, he would've been dangerous. Sadly, if there was a wall, he was by god gonna slam into it full speed. I just see KJ with that same explosiveness, but the added ability to actually find a hole.

Lol, yeah I got laughed at when I said Foreman was our next big time back. To be clear, I'm not saying KJ is D'Onta. Just saying he's a solid back with some big playmaking ability, which IMO makes him our best as of right now.

I see him as a Vondrell McGee with vision. If Vondrell would've had vision, he would've been dangerous. Sadly, if there was a wall, he was by god gonna slam into it full speed. I just see KJ with that same explosiveness, but the added ability to actually find a hole.
Yea, I remember. We were all high on Chris Warren and hoping JGray was healthy. We were pretty much dismissing Foreman as even a solid contributor. I am very curious as to how much of a factor Tre Watson will be.

Yea, I remember. We were all high on Chris Warren and hoping JGray was healthy. We were pretty much dismissing Foreman as even a solid contributor. I am very curious as to how much of a factor Tre Watson will be.
Jonathan Gray...what a let down. Such a great HS player and such high hopes. Still baffled by that one

Me thinks Watson's bum wheel isn't healed completely.

speaking of going to sleep on guys....before ya'll relegate Porter to the bone yard let me tell you what I have also read from IT, TFB and OB.....regarding Porter....be afraid....be very afraid....Porter does not make those little mistakes that mess things up....which the coaches LOVE!....

Dont shoot the messenger. I know that he kept playing last year because he was the only effective blocker on the entire team on passing downs. If the damned O-line can get it together and at least slow down the pass rush, maybe we will get to see these other backs that can actually run a little.

TOS hinted at that. As soon as he announced his transfer Cal dropped his rehab. He’s bound to be behind.

I have mentioned it on here before but I think Watson has the chance to play the slot position

He is an excellent pass catcher, explosive first step speed and his top speed is above average.
The question is his route running.

If he plays the slot that means a lot of jet sweeps
Reason why Hand has highlighted down the field blocking is that I think Herman wants to use Jet Sweeps Hand ran with Malzahn at Tulsa and Auburn.

TOS hinted at that. As soon as he announced his transfer Cal dropped his rehab. He’s bound to be behind.
I don't what who TOS is...... but I've been told that when he walks you can see a little hitch in his gettyup.

I don't what who TOS is...... but I've been told that when he walks you can see a little hitch in his gettyup.

Dammit Clob!....I look to you for answers at this time of year. I dont EVER want to again see you say you dont know what something is. You simply cannot tear our thirsty lips from the fountain of knowledge!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT