ADVERTISEMENT

Longhorn's Fall Camp Thread

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick off all this closed off sh*t. I'm seeing camp reports from schools everywhere, but not a goodamn peep from Texas. Just a bunch of watered down goddamn press conferences.

Herman is very close to the vest on things going on within the football program. Like it or not, that's just he way he is.

Once Herman wins then we can see why but he hasn't yet so he is still being questioned.

What Herman is trying to create especially on offense can become a Juggernaut because it will be a team capable of moving the ball in so many ways.

More so like his offense at Ohio State than at Houston. He was trying to win fast at Houston to get a big name job.
Here he is creating a program.

Herman is very close to the vest on things going on within the football program. Like it or not, that's just he way he is.
You can get away with that if you win. If not it becomes a problem. We will see which way it goes for Herman.

Porter is incapable of holding onto the fvcking football. It's a disgrace.

We will see soon enough.
The word is the offense has closed the gap and not because the defense is struggling but because both QBs are more comfortable maybe because of better OL play

Best thing is the coaching staff is making every player earn their position even Calvin Anderson.

The way Herman claims the QBs are reading the D and changing plays is very impressive.
They believe in this offense and fully understand why certain things happen.

When you have players that can explain the schemes and what to do in certain situations you have a very mature team that will win important games.

Heard some version of this preseason rah-rah sh*t every f*cking year for the last eight. Still not drinking one single drop of the kool-aid this year.

I’ll believe this team is in a different class from all the others in this wasted decade once they show it on the field.

Heard some version of this preseason rah-rah sh*t every f*cking year for the last eight. Still not drinking one single drop of the kool-aid this year.

I’ll believe this team is in a different class from all the others in this wasted decade once they show it on the field.

Usually I apply the wait and see approach but I have seen this team take on the personality of the coaching staff
From years of experience that is usually a good thing.
Only time I saw that at UT under Mack Brown was the D under Will Muschamp.

If Sam Ehlinger matures this year and stays healthy we will win 10+ games

The offense has named him the leader along with Andrew Beck.
Beck along with Hager are pretty much assistant coaches.
They believe in the staff and lead the team.

Tom Herman and the staff let the defense punch the O in the mouth today.
I think he is hoping this motivates the offense for next Saturday to punch the D in the mouth.
From what I heard it seem like the O had kid gloves and the D was playing with full strength

Last edited:
Maybe you are thinking of T Carter? While Porter doesn’t have much juice athletically he has been by far the most reliable blocking, protecting, catching, and holding onto the football lately.

Reactions: weevilcatch
J Gray returned to “full health” but he was never the same.
Full health and college football condition not the same thing. Incidentally, for us ordinary mortals, perfect health is the state of dying as slowly as possible.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
Carter has been fumbling whereas porter had not been. That said, Porter did coff it up in the scrimmage.

I read an interesting blurb that said Cosmi had trucked Ojamo....They went on to say Ojamo is 16 but by the end of camp they expect Ojamo to be returning the favor. We have to remember that most kids his age are HS sophmores.

Carter has been fumbling whereas porter had not been. That said, Porter did coff it up in the scrimmage.

I read an interesting blurb that said Cosmi had trucked Ojamo....They went on to say Ojamo is 16 but by the end of camp they expect Ojamo to be returning the favor. We have to remember that most kids his age are HS sophmores.

Yeah that dude is a freak. Not too many 16 year olds could compete on this level. If he develops he could be the Orakpo.

Ojomo was one of my favorite recruits from last year.
Didn't know much about him as my HS connection in Katy was telling me more about other players.

By October when I spoke to my friend in Katy he was telling me about him.
Looked like he was going to Oklahoma St.
By January he had almost every big time program offer him

Reason why is his quick feet and work ethic.
Kid comes from a great family and rips up school like he does an OL.

He is suppose to be starting his senior year in HS.
Because of this he could RS.
With that this is a player who hopefully stays all 5 years because if he develops correctly he may be gone in 3 to the NFL.

After watching Tom’s post scrimmage presser:

-when asked about Daniel Young RB he said he doesn’t wow you with anything but he does everything good and he’s stronger will break more tackles.

- a reporter followed up asking are there any RBs on the roster that have any wow factors. After long pause Tom said maybe Keonte (Ingram)

I thought that was telling. Young and Ingram might be the only backs to count on as plus players until Tom brings in some beasts in 2019/20 classes.

Also, Tom said they were absolutely ahead of where they were last year at this point. And finally are three deep at TE with a fourth (Rob Cummins) coming along as well.

the good news....everybody looks great.

the bad news...Adoye and Overshown both got knee injuries in the scrimmage. Davis has a hammy problem...

There are different grades of MCL sprains.
Don't know what grade Adoye suffered from but they are saying 2 to 6 weeks.

The question now is does Overshown have the same injury.
Haven't seen the conformation of his injury.

Week 1 because of Wheeler's suspension the starting LBs may be
Roach
Ossai
Johnson
Herman said this during the PC yesterday.

Hopefully UT can control the clock.

At least this gives Ossai a chance to shine.
He is said to be the perfect B backer.
Last year Maryland's QB Pirogme made Hughes look like a fool.

Ossai is faster and doesn't miss tackles

Allegedly we are tackling much better. No big ding dongs but solid tackling.

Allegedly we are tackling much better. No big ding dongs but solid tackling.

Actually I think these injuries are probably caused by the OLine playing mean and together

MCL sprains are causes by impact at the knee.

They are football injuries. I have never been around a football team where they do not occur.

No surprise, the tackling had already improved last year, and we don't need big hits against our own.
Fastest way to get on the field.

In our first scrimmage on year Shea Morenz threw a dump pass to Jimmy hakes our TE. It was ones vs twos and we had a lot of freshman on D fighting for a starting position. Bryant westbrook was one of them. Takes came down with the pass and took one step upfield just before Muggy mug (westbrook's nickname) took his head off.

The next time we came to practice, pascal watty was running with the twos and westbrook was starting.

Reactions: weevilcatch
True, and that damn Westbrook was a beast, but I'd just rather our guys didn't kill each other before the season even starts. As they're showing, you can tackle without treating you're own teammates like Randy Kinder.

True, and that damn Westbrook was a beast, but I'd just rather our guys didn't kill each other before the season even starts. As they're showing, you can tackle without treating you're own teammates like Randy Kinder.
I was have said Tony Rogers but, whatevs.

Reactions: horn wild
That works, too. Westbrook's bunker buster on Kinder is just my favorite hit. Well, besides a couple Clint Finley had in HS, but nobody knows about those.
My favorite was when Tony took out mackoprick. That was epic. We lost some games after that and dipsh!t blamed the losses on him suffering from post concussion syndrome. I wanted to puke in my soup. If brackens had just been a little more to the left...... kill shot.

Westbrook was a freakin' head hunter. Loved that guy! Brackens was a monster. Clob, it must have been fun playing with those guys!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT