ADVERTISEMENT

**Official Texas vs Cajuns thread of anxiety**

It was stated Thompson would play. I don’t see him. I don’t see him around Card or Sark. Anyone else see him being involved on sideline. I think we know what he is thinking…
I know Why Sark doesn’t want him to transfer, but the way Card had played he’s just gonna have to ride with Card and whatever happens happens.

First management mistake of the game. Didn't get the punt return team out on time. I will take it. I think that is also the second punt that should have been caught in the air.

Not ready to drink the Kool-aide yet. OL play and speed in the LB group are still a bit of a concern. Not sure about the secondary. They haven't really been tested this game.

What we do have is multiple guys making plays on offense and minimal mental mistakes. Not having things like false starts, or personal fouls makes a huge difference. Guys lined up in the right place and going to the right spot makes a huge difference. No turnovers is huge. Things like that will win you a close ball game against an evenly matched team.

If I never heard Spencer Tillman's voice again, I would not be upset.

Not ready to drink the Kool-aide yet. OL play and speed in the LB group are still a bit of a concern. Not sure about the secondary. They haven't really been tested this game.

What we do have is multiple guys making plays on offense and minimal mental mistakes. Not having things like false starts, or personal fouls makes a huge difference. Guys lined up in the right place and going to the right spot makes a huge difference. No turnovers is huge. Things like that will win you a close ball game against an evenly matched team.

Was gonna hop on and say this. All units are important, but for me the OL and LB units are most important. And those are weak spots currently

Great win vs a damn good team . Fck the portal (only reason Thomson played ). Card should have never been taken out. And he cant come out next week @arky.

Its probably been 12-13 years since I have felt this good after an opener.

We need to get better at protection. Part of that is on Card and the other Part is on the OLine. Card took a few sacks because he didn't get rid of the ball quick enough but he figured it out pretty quick. I didn't realize he was going to be that good with his legs. That read he made on the touchdown will do a ton for our RBs because they can't leave him unaccounted for in the run game. Overall the offensive scheme impressed but we do need a guy that can stretch the field. I think Moore can be that guy and maybe they have plans that they didn't show tonight.

Defense took a team that will probably be really good at running the ball and shut them down. They also did it being fairly vanilla. Biggest questions for me are the ability to get pressure with the front 4.

I want to see what the Arky game looks like. Road game and a hostile crowd. If we win that then we should be 5-0 heading into the TCU game.

We need to get better at protection. Part of that is on Card and the other Part is on the OLine. Card took a few sacks because he didn't get rid of the ball quick enough but he figured it out pretty quick. I didn't realize he was going to be that good with his legs. That read he made on the touchdown will do a ton for our RBs because they can't leave him unaccounted for in the run game. Overall the offensive scheme impressed but we do need a guy that can stretch the field. I think Moore can be that guy and maybe they have plans that they didn't show tonight.

Defense took a team that will probably be really good at running the ball and shut them down. They also did it being fairly vanilla. Biggest questions for me are the ability to get pressure with the front 4.

I want to see what the Arky game looks like. Road game and a hostile crowd. If we win that then we should be 5-0 heading into the TCU game.
If we are 5-0 headed in to TCU the TCU game will be the difference between 9 wins and 10 wins IMO

After the 5 min mark game was never in doubt. Very solid win. Almost boring at the end. I’m not there yet but looks like we have something. I’ll reserve further judgement until after Ark and every game after that. Ha. Definitely nice to see talent and coaching staff do what they are supposed to do. Feels good!!

oU exposed today?

Hook’em!

Reactions: freeper

I was playing in a golf tournament this morning so I was off the grid until I finished watching the game on my DVR. Feel really good about the coaching and the play calling. Something I’ve said multiple times: Sark gets the ball to playmakers in space. There was just a confident feeling as in the coaching won’t F up the game. But …
Our OL got manhandled multiple times. I don’t know how the margin of victory was that great given the OL missed assignments. And there were multiple missed assignments. We have playmakers all over the field but the OL is going to have to develop for us to be really good this season.

The mid week leadership is really where it starts. So we win a possible upset alert game resoundingly. Ok. Now, this mid week coaching is critical. Keep these boys on edge. They ain’t won anything yet. I believe our coaches will make sure they keep them hungry.

Clob lost a lot of credibility today. I’ll give him a mulligan. What’s it look like for ark clob?
Clob never got to see practice due to COVID and coaching changes. Clob’s previous MO was posting his review about 12 hours before kickoff so other teams couldn’t add his report to their scouting. I saw no practice report from Clob this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: WRLHookem
Clob lost a lot of credibility today. I’ll give him a mulligan. What’s it look like for ark clob?
Now let's be fair kids, I said 31-27 and declined to say whom I was chosing. I can go dig up the post. But yes, we played better than I anticipated on defense, and slightly better on offense than I anticipated.

And I did say that 58 points would be scored. 56 were scored. Now that ain't half bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: hookem777
Clob never got to see practice due to COVID and ciaching changes. Clob’s previous MO was posting his review about 12 hours before kickoff so other teams couldn’t add his report to their scouting. I saw no practice report from. Clob this year.
Because clob saw no practices.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT