ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State and Urban be troublin'

When is the rest of this story going to come out? The accuser's own mother and Meyer's wife have stated on the record that the accuser is out n out lying and simply wants to take both men down financially.

Christ, the gals own mother? There has to be more crap going on here than we know. I say put everyone under oath, find out who is lying and throw the liar(s) in jail for perjury.

We need to know what is true and what is not before calling for heads to roll. Even if its sleazy ass Urban Meyer's head.

That being said . . . Please, please, pretty please let it be Urban who is lying!

Hold up......... the MOTHER of the abused is saying her daughter is lying? That she's making it all up? How did I miss this? Link?

When is the rest of this story going to come out? The accuser's own mother and Meyer's wife have stated on the record that the accuser is out n out lying and simply wants to take both men down financially.

Christ, the gals own mother? There has to be more crap going on here than we know. I say put everyone under oath, find out who is lying and throw the liar(s) in jail for perjury.

We need to know what is true and what is not before calling for heads to roll. Even if its sleazy ass Urban Meyer's head.

That being said . . . Please, please, pretty please let it be Urban who is lying!

87, you’re assuming the mother is telling the truth and not a domestic violence victim as well who is used to enabling for survival and taught Courtney to behave that way.

Who gives a shit anymore! Someone will get their ass popped anyway, I hope we can win more than 1 ballgame this yr despite OSU, and Twitter and beating people up..every coach has his bad baggage anyways. if Herman's in it , they will find out, if not, no sweat, but, someone gonna take the bullet for that shit and like on the streets, Guilty by association stuff will get the rest.

Hook'em

Kinda think you jelly no? Talking tOhio State not Texas. No worries
The sooner you man up and admit your coach, School, admins are all a bunch of no good a$$holes, the sooner you and I can have a meaningful dialogue regarding this train wreck known as Ohio State.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Wait I thought I watched the women beater say that Urban knew about his problems at Florida. So if it happened at Florida as a grad assistant why would it stop at Ohio State? He probably did cheat on his wife and when she found out and said something he probably beat her ass.

Last edited:
So it's looking like Tom and his wife helped pay for the divorce of wife beater by helping the wife.

I am cool with this. But tom needs to just come out and drop the facts on us. As the leader of this program, he must be completely transparent when dealing with issues of this sort.

Yes, they are ugly, yes they suck, yes it's a messy situation--- with that said, not being transparent leads to questions being raised and the possibility of an image of impropriety. I think tom and his wife did their level best to help right a wrong, but we, the folks who help pay his salary, deserve to know his level of involvement so any false narratives can be put to rest once and for all.
If Herman admits to paying attorney's fees --- isn't that 99% of the way there to saying he knew about the wife beating himself and didn't report it? What is timeline - was he on the staff when this happened? And if not - what are society's rules - should it matter whether he was or was not on the coaching staff?

If Herman admits to paying attorney's fees --- isn't that 99% of the way there to saying he knew about the wife beating himself and didn't report it? What is timeline - was he on the staff when this happened? And if not - what are society's rules - should it matter whether he was or was not on the coaching staff?

Herman confirmed that his wife helped Courtney Smith, Zach's now-ex wife, "during a time of financial need" in March of 2017 when asked about the allegation they had contributed to paying the legal bills.

Wasn't Zach fired by Urban then due to the abuse allegations?

If they did this while Herman was at Houston, no rules are broken.

Brett McMurphy just came out yesterday and said Tom was not his source.

Tommy should be in the clear.

I read that he they offered her financial assistance in 2017 so probably when he was at Texas. The alleged abuse at Ohio State was in 2015 when he was at U of H.

This says it all.

Smith's attorney said, "We're not trying to run from the truth, but we're not the only ones with warts on us."

Basically yeah Smith beat his wife but he's not in it alone.

This says it all.

Smith's attorney said, "We're not trying to run from the truth, but we're not the only ones with warts on us."

Basically yeah Smith beat his wife but he's not in it alone.

If that dude was my lawyer, he'd be fired.

Basically he's admitting to the charges, BUT he's not alone in his guilt.. brace yourself for the "crazy wife that beat him, cheated on him, humiliated him and psychologically abused him" defense.
It's like the battered wife that finally decides to buy a gun and the next time hubby comes home drunk to rough her up, she finds the gun and kills him..... and it's justified. The lawyer's about to try and "flip the script".

87, you’re assuming the mother is telling the truth and not a domestic violence victim as well who is used to enabling for survival and taught Courtney to behave that way.
I think that false claims for abuse are far more common than is believed today. Some years back, I was on a jury panel for a juvenile sex abuse case. I was not chosen. During voir dire, the panel was asked if anyone had a friend or relative accused of sexual abuse. 2 hands came up with similar stories. Both had family members FALSELY accused of abuse. Both went to jail, but were freed when the accuser recanted. I knew the daughter of the accused in this case, she was an assistant of a referral of mine. The accuser got $4000. from the Children's
Advocacy Fund to make up an unverifiable claim. The accused got a life sentence for a crime he almost certainly did not commit.

I think that false claims for abuse are far more common than is believed today. Some years back, I was on a jury panel for a juvenile sex abuse case. I was not chosen. During voir dire, the panel was asked if anyone had a friend or relative accused of sexual abuse. 2 hands came up with similar stories. Both had family members FALSELY accused of abuse. Both went to jail, but were freed when the accuser recanted. I knew the daughter of the accused in this case, she was an assistant of a referral of mine. The accuser got $4000. from the Children's
Advocacy Fund to make up an unverifiable claim. The accused got a life sentence for a crime he almost certainly did not commit.
3 points to you sir.

1 for the comment and 2 for properly using "voir dire".

Take that story with a grain of salt because it was reported by the same guy who said Herman was the whistle blower.

Me thinks the guy is FOS.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mot...ictim-retaliatory-plot-ex-wife-223132593.html

For those who have asked for my response to Jeff Snook’s claim Saturday: “I have never revealed my sources in my nearly four decade journalistic career & I am not going to start now. However, I will say unequivocally that Tom Herman was not my source.”

— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) August 11, 2018

Reactions: westx
3 points to you sir.

1 for the comment and 2 for properly using "voir dire".
2 years of French, I can even pronounce it properly. Which my attorney daughters say would not help me in a Texas court. I've had 2 friends go through divorces in which the wife made false claims of abuse. It's like a nuclear bomb then.

For those who have asked for my response to Jeff Snook’s claim Saturday: “I have never revealed my sources in my nearly four decade journalistic career & I am not going to start now. However, I will say unequivocally that Tom Herman was not my source.”

— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) August 11, 2018

Look 6 posts up my dude.

That Snook guy had a new report today. Courtney Smith's own mother is basically saying her daughter is a violent, crazy, vindictive drunk and made it all up. Also, bad mouthing Herman's wife for telling her she could set her up for interviews.
I think it is fair to say that either Courtney Smith or her mother is nuts. Will be interesting to see which one is the crazy one. Or maybe the Snook guy is full of crap.

I would have copy pasted it, but couldn't get it to work on my phone. Anyone interested can read it on Ohio State 247 message board or on Jeff Snook' Facebook page. True or not,a very interesting read.

Nice to see Lincoln Riley taking a page out of the Stoopsy no nonsense playbook.

Riley on tOSU scandal: ‘That happens here, they won’t work here’
ByJOEY HELMER Aug 10, 5:02 PM
x

NORMAN, Okla. — If you haven’t heard the news out of The Ohio State University by now, you’re living under a massive rock. According to a report by college football writer Brett McMurphy, Buckeyes head coach Urban Meyer had knowledge of domestic abuse allegations back in 2015 against ex-OSU assistant Zach Smith regarding his then-wife Courtney Smith. Zach remained on staff until he was fired in late July after Courtney filed a domestic violence order against him. Meyer has since been placed on paid administrative leave and barred from having any contact with players, coaches or staff members while the university fully investigates the matter.

In light of that, Sooners head coach Lincoln Riley has addressed his staff and reiterated the ground rules. Friday afternoon following OU’s sixth practice of fall camp, he broke those conversations down with the media.

“Yeah, it was a good chance,” Riley said. “It’s something our school, our university, with our Title IX department, our administration, they do a good job of educating us on that. It’s something that we have talked about beforehand. It wasn’t anything new, but it was a good chance just to remind guys that whether it’s you, whether it’s one of your family members, anybody involved in anything, we’ve got to report it. We’ve gotta—we’re mandatory reporters. There’s no secrets in this world anymore, and we’ve got to be honest with each other. We’ve got to communicate, and that there’s obviously no room for any of that on our staff by your or one of your family members.

Nice to see Lincoln Riley taking a page out of the Stoopsy no nonsense playbook.

Riley on tOSU scandal: ‘That happens here, they won’t work here’
ByJOEY HELMER Aug 10, 5:02 PM
x

NORMAN, Okla. — If you haven’t heard the news out of The Ohio State University by now, you’re living under a massive rock. According to a report by college football writer Brett McMurphy, Buckeyes head coach Urban Meyer had knowledge of domestic abuse allegations back in 2015 against ex-OSU assistant Zach Smith regarding his then-wife Courtney Smith. Zach remained on staff until he was fired in late July after Courtney filed a domestic violence order against him. Meyer has since been placed on paid administrative leave and barred from having any contact with players, coaches or staff members while the university fully investigates the matter.

In light of that, Sooners head coach Lincoln Riley has addressed his staff and reiterated the ground rules. Friday afternoon following OU’s sixth practice of fall camp, he broke those conversations down with the media.

“Yeah, it was a good chance,” Riley said. “It’s something our school, our university, with our Title IX department, our administration, they do a good job of educating us on that. It’s something that we have talked about beforehand. It wasn’t anything new, but it was a good chance just to remind guys that whether it’s you, whether it’s one of your family members, anybody involved in anything, we’ve got to report it. We’ve gotta—we’re mandatory reporters. There’s no secrets in this world anymore, and we’ve got to be honest with each other. We’ve got to communicate, and that there’s obviously no room for any of that on our staff by your or one of your family members.

Oh so it only applies to coaches, not players. Got it.

That Snook guy had a new report today. Courtney Smith's own mother is basically saying her daughter is a violent, crazy, vindictive drunk and made it all up. Also, bad mouthing Herman's wife for telling her she could set her up for interviews.
I think it is fair to say that either Courtney Smith or her mother is nuts. Will be interesting to see which one is the crazy one. Or maybe the Snook guy is full of crap.

I would have copy pasted it, but couldn't get it to work on my phone. Anyone interested can read it on Ohio State 247 message board or on Jeff Snook' Facebook page. True or not,a very interesting read.

Why not both? Many times women that accept domestic violence had a mother that did and thus they think it is normal.

Any parent that talks about their child like that, muchless on blast to the media, is majorly disfunctional.

Last edited:
Why not both? Many times women that accept domestic violence had a mother that did and thus they think it is normal.

Any parent that talks about their child like that, muchless on blast to the media, is majorly disfunctional.
I have my money on Courtney Smith being crazy, and her mother being a big reason why. Along with alcohol.
Got to feel for the kids. Mom is crazy, dad is an asshole. Craziness all around becomes a cycle.

Reactions: weevilcatch
I have my money on Courtney Smith being crazy, and her mother being a big reason why. Along with alcohol.
Got to feel for the kids. Mom is crazy, dad is an asshole. Craziness all around becomes a cycle.
I'm starting to lean this way........

I'm also starting to wonder if Mrs. Herman is a bit of a busy body. Remember when Kurt Warner's wife couldn't keep her mouth shut? How about the day Colt McCoy's wife decided to call into a radio show?

Ladies, I got love for you but.......sometimes........

Children's Advocacy Fund?

Maybe you mean Children's Advocacy Center?
I think you're right. They paid for perjured testimony. $4000. for an ex crackhead is the end of the rainbow. They ruined an innocent man's life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT