ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fishing Report Corpus Christi Area

StrangerHorn

Jan 6, 2020
This will be Trooper 1st fishing trip, gonna just lag along slow and maybe throw a few lures, to get him used to it , got the Shiner and got him some German Bologna...

Baffin Bay / Land Cut: Slow sinking artificial lures are the artificial of choice for the wade fisherman. Trout and redfish to the wade fisherman throwing artificial lures. Live shrimp working well on trout, and redfish free lining, and under popping cork when you can find live bait.

King Ranch Shoreline: Wade fisherman when they can get out still having descent results on artificial lures for both trout and reds.

Dead Man's Hole / Packery: Loaded with drum, and sheepshead on dead peeled shrimp, flounder can be found in good numbers throwing artificial, and mud minnows.

Laguna Shores: The trout bite is picking up on artificial lures, live shrimp under a popping cork is working well when you can find live bait. Redfish are there soft plastics. Black drum on peeled shrimp, and flounder are there in good numbers on artificial.

Clem’s / Red Dot Pier: The "Big Ugly" black drum are running. Keeper trout on shrimp and artificial lures at night, redfish and drum are mixed in, flounder are there. Call Clem's at (361) 949-8445, or Red Dot Pier at (361) 937-5347 for latest updates.

Beach Report: Pompano on dead shrimp, Bull reds on cut bait in the surf. Black drum on crab and dead shrimp off jetty.

Well, we caught a few big Sand Trout and 1 Flounder and then drank some Shiner..Pro Tip: Its hard to stir a outboard motor with Trooper laying in ya lap, thought he was gonna hit the water after my lure after I caste out, he watches everything, ate all the German Bologna and went to sleep in my lap while I was driving home, man this guy can let some farts...LOL got home and had to give him a bath, he smelled like sand trout...hes gonna be a good one I think! He can swim like a Hunter-Killer sub...LOL

Reactions: LonghornMM
Had to replace my lower unit on my 1967 5HP Johnson, gonna cost me 300 if they can find one, its been a good motor, if ya take care of them they last for years, a new motor cost at easy a thousand, I looked at a Suzuki and just walked on by..LOL So me and trooper gonna be outa the water till they find one. But, the fish are biting!..LOL

Baffin Bay / Land Cut: Slow sinking artificial lures are the artificial of choice for the wade fisherman. Trout and redfish to the wade fisherman throwing artificial lures. Live shrimp working well on trout, and redfish free lining, and under popping cork when you can find live bait.

King Ranch Shoreline: Wade fisherman when they can get out still having descent results on artificial lures for both trout and reds.

Dead Man's Hole / Packery: Loaded with drum, and sheepshead on dead peeled shrimp, flounder can be found in good numbers throwing artificial, and mud minnows.

Laguna Shores: The trout bite is picking up on artificial lures, live shrimp under a popping cork is working well when you can find live bait. Redfish are there soft plastics. Black drum on peeled shrimp, and flounder are there in good numbers on artificial.

Clem’s / Red Dot Pier: The "Big Ugly" black drum are running. Keeper trout on shrimp and artificial lures at night, redfish and drum are mixed in, flounder are there. Call Clem's at (361) 949-8445, or Red Dot Pier at (361) 937-5347 for latest updates.

Beach Report: Pompano on dead shrimp, Bull reds on cut bait in the surf. Black drum on crab and dead shrimp off jetty.

Went with my two sons this morning and caught 6 big Trout and 1 good size Flounder between us, the water is real good down kings ranch way on the way to Baffin, then we just rode around drinking Shiner Reg aand eating Summer Sausage and Black skin cheese and crackers looking at the Bikini girls over by the bridge, Trooper fell asleep on us and then we was in by 1 o'clock, just got thru with washing my sons boat in driveway..LOL, gonna grill some Strips and Shrimp...and call it a day

85087180-2884230764974431-1855267116995837952-n.jpg

After getting my lower unit, me and Trooper decided to try this morn, we was gone for about 20 mins in rain and then it turned into a scene from the Perfect Storm, so we will be Land Lubbers today!

ADVERTISEMENT