ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the season

Micco I pick Baylor to win the Big XII. Baylor/BYU could be one of the best non con games this year.

I'm definitely watching that one how about you?

At least 2 Big XII teams will make a P6 bowl game this year. Right now I'm not sure who the other team will be.

The at large team will be either BYU or Houston two teams that will be in the Big XII next year.

A Pac XII team, Utah, will make the playoffs.

As I mentioned above I see us at 9/3.

They have one of the toughest non con schedules in the country but I think TT will overachieve.

There's no reason to think that Venables will be a bad hire. But it's preseason, I'm going to wait and see.

Micco Macey the Big XII conference has made steady gains the last 2 years.

They're 4/0 the last 2 years in P6 bowls and look at the teams that won them. Baylor might even make the playoffs but it's only preseason.

But when all is said and done the SEC will win the nc again. Is it going ever going to end.
Hey outhere,

I have Baylor beating OU in the regular season, but OU beating them in the Big 12 CCG. I think Baylor (and especially Aranda) are the real deal and will be the next great Big 12 team. Hopefully OU and Texas will be out of the Big 12 before that happens so we can both leave as the bellcows of the conference.

Here's my prediction for OU (those who don't want to hear about OU can skim down):

(H) Sep 3 - UTEP - W
(H) Sep 10 - Kent State - W
(A) Sep 17 - Nebraska - W
(H) Sep 24 - KSU - W
(A) Oct 1 - TCU - W
(N) Oct 8 - Texas W
(H) Oct 15 - Kansas - W
(A) Oct 29 - ISU - W
(H) Nov 5 - Baylor - L
(A) Nov 12 - WVU - W
(H) Nov 19 - OSU - W
(A) Nov 26 - TTech - W

(N) Dec 3 - Baylor - W

(N) Dec 31 - Alabama - L (but we give them a better game than Ohio State does in the NC game)

I was thiiiiiis close to giving OU a second loss, to WVU. I think they're going to be a handful this year, plus OU is likely to lose a second game this year just because there are always things to work out with a new staff.

But I'm a homer, so I stuck with the win. :)

I can see the Big 12 with either one in the CFP and one in a NYD 6 bowl, or two in the NYD 6 bowl but no CFP.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoookem722
And for extra points, here's how I think the Big 12 teams will finish the regular season (not going into W's and L's):

1. Baylor
2. OU
3. WVU
4. OSU
5. Texas
6. KSU
7. ISU
8. TCU
9. TTech
10. Kansas

In reality, 6-9 are somewhat a toss-up. I don't have a lot of info on ISU, so they may surprise me some. But I think KSU, ISU, and maybe even TCU could jump up and bite some people who have a bad week.

And for extra points, here's how I think the Big 12 teams will finish the regular season (not going into W's and L's):

1. Baylor
2. OU
3. WVU
4. OSU
5. Texas
6. KSU
7. ISU
8. TCU
9. TTech
10. Kansas

In reality, 6-9 are somewhat a toss-up. I don't have a lot of info on ISU, so they may surprise me some. But I think KSU, ISU, and maybe even TCU could jump up and bite some people who have a bad week.
For me the thing about OSU is Spencer Sanders. He's an interception waiting for a game to happen.

I mean he personally gift wrapped the Baylor game for them. And because of him OSU had to hang on the beat ND in the FB.

If Quinn Ewers is the better qb on 10/22/22. we can take them.

Last edited:
Reactions: weevilcatch
Hey ya'll, long time poster but have been gone for awhile.

Now that the season is just about upon us, how do you guys feel about Texas this year? How many games will they win?

Be as optimistic or pessimistic as you feel appropriate.

I'll go first:

Sep 3 - ULM - W
Sep 10 - Alabama - L
Sep 17 - UTSA - W
Sep 24 - Texas Tech - W
Oct 1 - WVU - L
Oct 8 - OU - L
Oct 15 - ISU - W
Oct 22 - OSU - L
Nov 5 - KSU - W
Nov 12 - TCU - W
Nov 19 - KU - W
Nov 25 - Baylor - L

I have Texas going 7-5. But I also see some close games for Texas that could go either way.

Would love to hear your predictions (good and bad) and your insight on the program in general.

Thanks!

If I'm being as unbiased as I can here is what I think

ULM - Win
Bama - Loss (let's just keep within 2 scores all game...keep it interesting for 4Q)
UTSA - Win
Tech - Win
WVU - Win
OU - always a toss up no matter what...I honestly think we pull this one out so Win
ISU - Win
OSU - Win
KSt - Loss
TCU - Win
KU - Win
Baylor - Win

That is 10-2 and looking at what everyone returned and the sites of most of these games Texas should probably go 10-2. But, this is Texas so I expect 2 more losses in the most Texas way possible.

Looking at WVU, oSu, TCU, and Baylor. I honestly think Texas goes 2-2 in those games and finishes 8-4.

Reactions: freeper
8-4. Loss to Bama, we beat OU, giving us all great hope, then drop 3 games to turds we should beat. Have no idea which 3, it literally could be anybody.

Still acceptable season as we build experience in the trenches and at QB. 2023 could be special.
Just hope we score big points vs ku and the defense shuts them down. Well, that and many other wins.🤘

I’m not predicting sh!t this year. The last decade, four head coaches, numerous top 5/10 classes, Coach speak of ‘at the end of the day’ or ‘winning is hard’ etc has taught me better than that and this year I’m listening to it. I have zero expectations whatsoever. Whatever record we have at the end of the season is how good we are. Nothing more, nothing less. I predict some alcoholic beverage will be consumed by me during every game. All of you can predict that without disappointment. Hook’em

If I'm being as unbiased as I can here is what I think

ULM - Win
Bama - Loss (let's just keep within 2 scores all game...keep it interesting for 4Q)
UTSA - Win
Tech - Win
WVU - Win
OU - always a toss up no matter what...I honestly think we pull this one out so Win
ISU - Win
OSU - Win
KSt - Loss
TCU - Win
KU - Win
Baylor - Win

That is 10-2 and looking at what everyone returned and the sites of most of these games Texas should probably go 10-2. But, this is Texas so I expect 2 more losses in the most Texas way possible.

Looking at WVU, oSu, TCU, and Baylor. I honestly think Texas goes 2-2 in those games and finishes 8-4.
I wanted to go out on a limb and predict 10-2 just because I think Quinn is the real deal and we have a ton of firepower on offense. I even think the offensive line is going to be better despite the young guys starting. I just couldn’t do it because of the defense. If the defense improves and performs in the top 50 I’d bet we win 10 games. I just don’t feel safe predicting that.

One thing that really stood out to me about this staff is how they recruited kids from winning programs in high school. To me that makes a world of a difference.

My breakout player for this year is Jatavion Sanders. I think he’s going to be our X factor. If we can threaten teams to respect our vertical passing game then we should start seeing some lighter boxes and that’s when we hit them with a heavy dose of Bijan. I look to Sark to run a ton of 12 personnel after the loss of Neyor, with Billingsley split out sometimes.

I wanted to go out on a limb and predict 10-2 just because I think Quinn is the real deal and we have a ton of firepower on offense. I even think the offensive line is going to be better despite the young guys starting. I just couldn’t do it because of the defense. If the defense improves and performs in the top 50 I’d bet we win 10 games. I just don’t feel safe predicting that.

One thing that really stood out to me about this staff is how they recruited kids from winning programs in high school. To me that makes a world of a difference.

My breakout player for this year is Jatavion Sanders. I think he’s going to be our X factor. If we can threaten teams to respect our vertical passing game then we should start seeing some lighter boxes and that’s when we hit them with a heavy dose of Bijan. I look to Sark to run a ton of 12 personnel after the loss of Neyor, with Billingsley split out sometimes.

I think Ewers is a 2-3 game upgrade in the QB position. That’s 7-5 or 8-4. I think the improved OL talent is a game. So we’re looking at 8-4/9-3.

If not then we’re just snake bit and May now be Nebraska

Reactions: Hoookem722
I'm going with 8-4

Ewers will show his immense potential but will go through some major growing pains. I predict a lot of interceptions this year but I expect him to be much better toward the end of the season.

When Bijan Robinson came here he said wanted to make Texas a national name again. He said college fb was better when TX is a national power.

We all know he has Heisman potential. Even if 3 freshmen start in the ol it will still be the best ol he's had since he's been here.

Well what if he has a Heisman worthy season? A breakout game against AL?

He's got the talent can be raise the level of his team the way Earl and Ricky did when they won the Heisman?

Maybe

When Bijan Robinson came here he said wanted to make Texas a national name again. He said college fb was better when TX is a national power.

We all know he has Heisman potential. Even if 3 freshmen start in the ol it will still be the best ol he's had since he's been here.

Well what if he has a Heisman worthy season? A breakout game against AL?

He's got the talent can be raise the level of his team the way Earl and Ricky did when they won the Heisman?

Maybe
Bijan is talented. Very talented. Arguably one of the best in college football right now.

But he couldn't hold Earl's, Ricky's, Cedric's, Jamaal's collective jock straps with a forklift.

And that tells you a lot about running backs in the college game today and the trajectory of offenses.

Bijan is talented. Very talented. Arguably one of the best in college football right now.

But he couldn't hold Earl's, Ricky's, Cedric's, Jamaal's collective jock straps with a forklift.

And that tells you a lot about running backs in the college game today and the trajectory of offenses.
He can still win the Heisman. I mean if someone like Johnny Manziel can with the Heisman why not Bijan?

The difference in all of those guys and Bijan is that they all played behind some really good offensive lines. I don't believe for a second that Bijan isn't as talented as those guys either.

The other difference in the game today as well is that teams are featuring multiple backs versus just 1 like they did in those days. Ricky had over 1,000 carries in his 4 years at Texas. Jamal had 533 and Cedric had over 1,1100. Bijan on the other hand has only carried the ball 281 times. It's not really comparing apples to apples because of that in my opinion.

But if you look at the yards per carry number Bijan has them all beat at 6.5 yards a carry.

On top of that offenses are throwing the ball a lot more in today's game. I don't think any of those guys are more talented though.

Reactions: okiehorn
Hey ya'll, long time poster but have been gone for awhile.

Now that the season is just about upon us, how do you guys feel about Texas this year? How many games will they win?

Be as optimistic or pessimistic as you feel appropriate.

I'll go first:

Sep 3 - ULM - W
Sep 10 - Alabama - L
Sep 17 - UTSA - W
Sep 24 - Texas Tech - W
Oct 1 - WVU - L
Oct 8 - OU - L
Oct 15 - ISU - W
Oct 22 - OSU - L
Nov 5 - KSU - W
Nov 12 - TCU - W
Nov 19 - KU - W
Nov 25 - Baylor - L

I have Texas going 7-5. But I also see some close games for Texas that could go either way.

Would love to hear your predictions (good and bad) and your insight on the program in general.

Thanks!
Me too, 7-5

Obviously but his potential could be comparable possibly playing under Royal or Mack. What's he got one more year under a second year HC before he bolts for greener pastures?

Obviously but his potential could be comparable possibly playing under Royal or Mack. What's he got one more year under a second year HC before he bolts for greener pastures?
Herman was a dumbass and wouldn't give him the ball his freshman year even though he was clearly the best RB on campus. That was a wasted year for him in my opinion.

Those guys played on good to elite teams. Bijan has had shit rotten offenses and OL.

He knocks out a 1500+ yard season this year and leads Texas to 10+ wins, then I think you can easily put him in that convo.

Although, for me, it is Earl and Ricky and then a huge gap....then Cedric/Jamaal. Not even Ced and Jamaal are in Earl and Ricky's classification.

Rod Babers does an excellent job of explaining the difficulties with last year's team. He also explains what needs to change this year.

Ultimately, the Texas QB cannot rely on everything going to script as it does at Bama. We are going to have to improvise and QE gives us the best shot.

The coaching staff is going to have to game plan for adjustments made by other teams. It looks as if GP is helping a lot in this area. The B12 is a knife fight while Bama has an easier game plan for obvious reasons.

I used to watch Anthony Holmes back in the early 90s at John Marshall HS right down my street at the time. He had a fine career after the Mackovic years. A very fine NFL career.

Running behind last year's ol hurt what could have been.
The running game was doing well until we lost Denzel Okafor vs TCU. Depth in general last year was a major issue (Tommy Boy). Depth is much better this year but it is young and we still need to stack high quality depth at all positions. Depth will be the reason why we do or don't make the b12 championship. If recruits think Sark is on the hot seat, then the cycle of crap begins. We need some stability at the coaching position.

Last edited:
Reactions: DHHorn
Running behind last year's ol hurt what could have been.
Even with as bad as our line was we were still at 200 yards a game running the ball. That speaks volumes to how good our RBs are to me. Offensive line actually showed some improvement in those last 3 games I thought.

Although, for me, it is Earl and Ricky and then a huge gap....then Cedric/Jamaal. Not even Ced and Jamaal are in Earl and Ricky's classification.
Would "like" twice if I could, thrice if you said Earl, then Ricky.
I cannot forget how all opponents focused on Earl, and the beatings he took. Damn, but he always hot up. Kinda like a Timex.

Reactions: weevilcatch

Id take bijan over Cedric or Jamaal... personal opinion. Imagine bijan with jamaals oline. Or Cedric's

Would "like" twice if I could, thrice if you said Earl, then Ricky.
I cannot forget how all opponents focused on Earl, and the beatings he took. Damn, but he always hot up. Kinda like a Timex.

Truth. I didn't get to watch him live unfortunately but Earl was something else man.

Ricky had the luxury of Shon Mitchell his first two years and of course an offense that could throw it. Earl ran in the wishbone...passing was used as a surprise.

ADVERTISEMENT