ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors of Kyler Murray Transfer???

That GIF rocks. Obviously misery likes company. I wouldn't revel too much, we aren't out of the woods just yet.

Sumlin's presser raised more questions than it provided answers. Everything was an equivocation. He has only released one Qb RIGHT NOW. He EXPECTS Kyler to practice tomorrow. The body language when asked these questions: head down. When asked if Kyler was considering transferring, he said they talked about a lot of things.
There is no question that Kyler is exploring leaving. Seems that it's not a done deal though. Either way it's a complete mess.
In case you were wondering, TexAgs boards have now declared that he is too small and scared to play in the SEC.

Last edited:
This is strange and funny and couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch. Common sense dictates tha you don't recruit 5 star QBs back to back. Neither player is willing tp be the back up and this can lead to a divided locker room and problems for the coaching staff. A normal, intelligent coaching staff would know that it is virtually impossible to keep two spoiled brat divas happy.

This is strange and funny and couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch. Common sense dictates tha you don't recruit 5 star QBs back to back. Neither player is willing tp be the back up and this can lead to a divided locker room and problems for the coaching staff. A normal, intelligent coaching staff would know that it is virtually impossible to keep two spoiled brat divas happy.
Eh, you can't stop recruiting top QBs. That's what Mack did with GG and the program has never recovered. With that said, it seems that Sumlin made promises that pissed everyone off. He clearly botched the situation horribly if the presumed starters keep quitting.

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
QBsSumlin has signed since 2012 -
Davis (transfer)
Hill (transfer)
Stewart (MLB)
Allen (transfer)
Murray (transfer)(maybe?)

I hope he is gone. I'm tired of youngsters and their parents thinking they can run things. Maybe Sumlin screwed this thing up royally; time will tell, but I don't want someone who doesn't want to be a part of our team and university.

I hope he is gone. I'm tired of youngsters and their parents thinking they can run things. Maybe Sumlin screwed this thing up royally; time will tell, but I don't want someone who doesn't want to be a part of our team and university.

Well, aggy, that about excludes almost everyone!

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Agree. Even if he stays at aggy, get used to going through this year end year out, or his inevitable transfer once a better QB is found. I would rather just get rid of him now than deal with that family circus.

Aggy 247 saying as of this morning that Kyler still intends to transfer. Apparently Sumlin to get him to stay told Kyler he would start the bowl game and allow him to play baseball. Also Sumlin told the Murray's he would block any transfer to any P5 school. This relationship is done.

Here is a transciption of the Looch on radio today (in Dallas i think) --

-------------------------

Root of the problem is complete & total uncertainy on offense. Sumlin disagreed yesterday when one of my guys asked if it was mismanaged. He said he wouldn't use that word. I would use that word. Kyler should have been redshirted. I've heard from many that that was part of the recruitment, that he would not, when it was in his and the program's best interest. The seeds were planted a year ago when Sumlin hired Dave Christensen. Nothing against him but that was the 3rd OC he was throwing in that room along with McKinney, who was demoted in favor of current OC Jake Spavital. You said, hey, make it work. The product you saw on the field was what you expect when you throw 3 OCs in a room. Because of that, there is air of uncertainty. Lots of questions, few answers. Sumlin has not provided those answers. He hasn't done anything with Spav. Allen was big with Spav. Kyler, for about 6 weeks, in his mind he was transferring. He's emotionally detached for awhile now. Sumlin was blindsided a week ago with Kyle and blindsided 2 nights ago. Since last Thursday, there was not a lot said to Murray. This is not over yet. If you ask me as of right now, I'd still think the odds favor Murray not returning.

Is Allen the bigger loss?

Yes and no. Yes, for next year, Allen was going to be your starter. No part comes from Kyler's upside as he develops. Kyler, because he was after Kyle, is the bigger loss. It will be the one that will turn up the heat on Sumlin and people questioning the direction of the program. They lost a 4* WR who I think is the best in the state. He had been committed for several months. The loss of Kyler could be the icing on the cake where the heat is turned up. Last 2 months, from 5-0 & ranked to where we are today, it's hard to believe.

Would it have been wise for Sumlin & Spav to stay away from Murray?

You recruit him everyday of the week but there is a getting too greedy element there. Had Kyler committed to Oregon, the next day A&M would have committed to Stidham, who was fine with RS. They'd have Allen & Stidham on campus. There is a lesson to be learned. Texas and Texas A&M, polar opposites who landed at the same place. It's not more the merrier. It reminds me of Simms/Applewhite. I would be cautious in the future about stacking 5* QBs. By nature they transfer anyways. Baylor, they get guys that know they won't play until year 3. This is not just Murray. Allen packed up and left too. It is a cautionary tale. Unfortunate for Sumlin. If Kyler leaves, things will get really interesting in College Station.

Reactions: HornosaurusRex
Hill had to sit out a transfer year - he was not a backup. He'll be starting the next 2 years at TCU. May have been a wise decision for him.
What I'm saying is that these guys think the grass is always greener. They don't earn any respect, they think that because they are a 4 or 5 star player that respect should just be given. Hill had a good game against a bad South Carolina team, nicknamed himself, and expected Heisman type treatment. I'm not so sure Hill will be starting the next 2 years.

Aggy 247 saying as of this morning that Kyler still intends to transfer. Apparently Sumlin to get him to stay told Kyler he would start the bowl game and allow him to play baseball. Also Sumlin told the Murray's he would block any transfer to any P5 school. This relationship is done.

Here is a transciption of the Looch on radio today (in Dallas i think) --

-------------------------

Root of the problem is complete & total uncertainy on offense. Sumlin disagreed yesterday when one of my guys asked if it was mismanaged. He said he wouldn't use that word. I would use that word. Kyler should have been redshirted. I've heard from many that that was part of the recruitment, that he would not, when it was in his and the program's best interest. The seeds were planted a year ago when Sumlin hired Dave Christensen. Nothing against him but that was the 3rd OC he was throwing in that room along with McKinney, who was demoted in favor of current OC Jake Spavital. You said, hey, make it work. The product you saw on the field was what you expect when you throw 3 OCs in a room. Because of that, there is air of uncertainty. Lots of questions, few answers. Sumlin has not provided those answers. He hasn't done anything with Spav. Allen was big with Spav. Kyler, for about 6 weeks, in his mind he was transferring. He's emotionally detached for awhile now. Sumlin was blindsided a week ago with Kyle and blindsided 2 nights ago. Since last Thursday, there was not a lot said to Murray. This is not over yet. If you ask me as of right now, I'd still think the odds favor Murray not returning.

Is Allen the bigger loss?

Yes and no. Yes, for next year, Allen was going to be your starter. No part comes from Kyler's upside as he develops. Kyler, because he was after Kyle, is the bigger loss. It will be the one that will turn up the heat on Sumlin and people questioning the direction of the program. They lost a 4* WR who I think is the best in the state. He had been committed for several months. The loss of Kyler could be the icing on the cake where the heat is turned up. Last 2 months, from 5-0 & ranked to where we are today, it's hard to believe.

Would it have been wise for Sumlin & Spav to stay away from Murray?

You recruit him everyday of the week but there is a getting too greedy element there. Had Kyler committed to Oregon, the next day A&M would have committed to Stidham, who was fine with RS. They'd have Allen & Stidham on campus. There is a lesson to be learned. Texas and Texas A&M, polar opposites who landed at the same place. It's not more the merrier. It reminds me of Simms/Applewhite. I would be cautious in the future about stacking 5* QBs. By nature they transfer anyways. Baylor, they get guys that know they won't play until year 3. This is not just Murray. Allen packed up and left too. It is a cautionary tale. Unfortunate for Sumlin. If Kyler leaves, things will get really interesting in College Station.

They'll get roasted if they try to block him like that.

Aren't these types of promises what got Sumlin in a pickle in the first place (allegedly)?

Aren't these types of promises what got Sumlin in a pickle in the first place (allegedly)?

g-g-g-g-got Sumlin in a pickle????....oh my!....I had heard that he drank a lot but-but uh-oh.....say....any chance there is a video?....that was promising too much in my opinion.

Reactions: diadevic
More on the Murray situation from A&M 24/7...

-Murray is not at practice again today.

-as of this morning, he still intends to transfer.

-Murray was supposedly told in his meeting with Sumlin that he would not be allowed to transfer to ANY Power 5 school.

just a little bit ago....

Billy Liucci @billyliucci

BREAKING: I have confirmed that freshman quarterback Kyler Murray has requested a transfer from Texas A&M and that the decision is 'final.'

3:23 PM - 17 Dec 2015

image1_zps9ws4qzsk.jpg

So where is he planning on transferring to? I don't buy the block to any p5 school bit. They may think that now, but they'll be put on blast if they do that. Right or wrong the public will side with Murray.

Reactions: HornosaurusRex
Back in the Late 80's early 90's we had a QB named Steve Clements, he was what we would call today a 5-star prospect. He was all everything in Texas high school football. Broke every record set by Ty Dietmer. He red shirted his freshmen year and came into his RS Freshmen year 3rd on the depth chart. He got pissed off and quit the team and transferred to BYU.

He got to BYU and was buried in the dept chart behind of all people Steve Sarkasian. He never did anything in college football.

Last I heard he still lives in the Salt Lake City area and is a very successful high school coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT