ADVERTISEMENT

So how far down the list do the Aggies have to go to get a coach ?

aggy, Art Briles was never considered at Texas, nor did he have much interest in coming to Austin. Briles has hard feelings towards Texas because his son Kendall, was here for a short time and transferred to TCU. He felt that he was unfairly treated at Texas, thus the reason why he transferred and the reason why Art holds a grudge.

great get aggy.Fisher is a proven coach with great credentials. Damned expensive, but never seems to bother yall, and if he works out like yall hope, no one will care.

I bleed burnt orange but I think Jimbo Fisher is a very good coach and it just might work out for him in college station. Hey the man is in a no lose situation. Even if they end up firing him he's still guaranteed 75 mil.

Obviously he lost his competitive edge after his nc season but with a change in scenery he might get it back. You know what really happened to Jimbo Fisher? Dabo Swinney that's what. But just last year his Seminoles came from behind to beat the allegedly great Jim Harbaugh in the Orange Bowl.

As far as how he will matchup against the rest of the SEC West coaches. Ok Nick Saban. But the others? Hey in the biggest game of his life his Seminoles beat Gus Malzahn and Auburn for the title. So this can workout for him.

One last thing. There have been replies in this thread, mostly from aggies, that JF will be a headache for Tom Herman. Wrong. When it comes to the horns the coaches I worry about are Lincoln Riley, Gary Patterson, and Mike Gundy. We play these guys every year. Their teams have beaten Texas. What JF does or doesn't do has no reflection on the University of Texas. Get a grip you bunch of aggies. Texas is to big a state for that to happen.

My .02 worth.

Reactions: freeper
Not looking for anything but a good chuckle every now and then. Thanks for the payoff.
Sure thing. Looking forward to the next 10 years of aggy teeth gnashing over this deal. $100M to still not ever win anything. Lulz.

I will add one final note and then let the aggys enjoy their tiny erections.

It would probably take $75M for me to live in that cow town as well so I'm kind of with Jimbo. Well done, sir.

Reactions: thedawg27 and westx
Big mistake by Jimbo Fisher. This will be the end of his coaching career. He has already lost the respect of a lot of people and when he gets exposed at aggy, he'll lose the rest

Big mistake by Jimbo Fisher. This will be the end of his coaching career. He has already lost the respect of a lot of people and when he gets exposed at aggy, he'll lose the rest

Agree if Jimbo would have played his hand a little better he could have milked them for 85 million instead of 75. Major blunder on his part.

jimbo.jpg

Like I said before, I am less worried about this hire as things go on. 1st atm decommit.

Players at Florida State said if Jimbo stays, we're leaving. So what does that say to the aggy faithful.
He has burned bridges with a bunch of recruits in Florida. He didn't even bother telling the players he had taken the Texas A&M position. Supposedly a lot of the recruits have not heard from the FSU staff in over a month.

He has burned bridges with a bunch of recruits in Florida. He didn't even bother telling the players he had taken the Texas A&M position. Supposedly a lot of the recruits have not heard from the FSU staff in over a month.

I thought we had a crap show here but guess we don't

Clearly that's why UCLA has had one hell of a run. List all of the top coaches and tell me which ones coach in a badass city.
Don't put words in my mouth. Did I say that the top coaches are in "badass cities"? No. I just said that living in a place like L.A. (or NYC) appeals to some people. Some coaches are going to be influenced by their wives in terms of where they'd rather coach, if they get 2 offers.

Skins on the wall. Get some. Until then STFU, lesser.
No one is my lesser because my alma mater has NCs and theirs doesn't, or mine has NCs more recently. They're not my lesser if their education is less prestigious than mine, or I make more money than they do (or vice-versa, probably; I don't care about money).

That attitude ticks me off. It just feeds the stereotype of arrogant Longhorns. Show some class, logic and humility! (Says the guy who called himself "HornsRuleU".) ;)

Reactions: oldhorn2 and Scholz
Well, we may have lost to Kliff, a coach who was the hot seat, but you guys lost to UCLA after being ahead 44/10. And it was on national tv for everyone to see. Oh and btw UCLA fired their head coach. Now what other games do you want to talk about?

How about Maryland. Bahahahahaha

Tennessee has Fulmer taking the AD job for now. He may have to be head coach for a while. They really screwed that program up.

I love watching desperation unfold. This is going to be entertaining! 1-11 versus their new daddy's wasn't going to cut it. Sumlin had 51 wins in 6 years, "you can do it Jimbo" in my best Bobby Boucher voice.

I love watching desperation unfold. This is going to be entertaining! 1-11 versus their new daddy's wasn't going to cut it. Sumlin had 51 wins in 6 years, "you can do it Jimbo" in my best Bobby Boucher voice.
They really did go all in on this guy out of desperation and insecurity. Better work out for them or they're really hosed. I think they money whipped and mortgaged their future on a non-elite coach but we shall see.

It's private funds, but will they keep shelling it out? 75 million raised to hire Jimbo.

Man you guys have a lot of vitriol. I think we swung for the fence. It could very well be a disaster, but we will have to wait and see I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT