ADVERTISEMENT

So how far down the list do the Aggies have to go to get a coach ?

No players are happy when their coach leaves, but Jimbo has handled this incredibly poorly. What is the deal with him wanting to coach the last game?

"A&M is going to hire Mack Brown in 2011 for 2017 Nick Saban money. It's pretty remarkable. Definitely going to be interested to see how this turns out." Nail meet hammer

To be honest.....it doesn't really matter who aTm hires as their next coach. All he has to do is come in and win 8 or 9 games for 10 yrs and he will have a statue by that collie dog. Aggy has a great tradition of being irrelevant and mediocre throughout their history. They are satisfied with mediocrity and that's what they are.....a middle of the pack football team......the same as they were in the BIG XII.
Unfortunately recent events don't support your opinion. 8 wins per year got the last coach fired. Mediocrity doesn't cut it anymore. The Fisher hire might work, it might not. If it doesn't, time to move on to the next coach.

Unfortunately recent events don't support your opinion. 8 wins per year got the last coach fired. Mediocrity doesn't cut it anymore. The Fisher hire might work, it might not. If it doesn't, time to move on to the next coach.
It won't be that simple, lol. He better work out.

Mediocrity IS a&m, and it will continue to be the norm there. Look at the revolving door of coaches there over time. Nothing has changed. More of the same to come with Fisher. :D

A 10 year contract is going all in on him. If he busts it could hurt for a long time. To me it seems foolish to offer 10 years for someone who is not yet proven at your school or even in your state. Can he coach Texas players to run his pro style offense when most of them have never played in one? He's currently trending down at his current school, is getting older, he has family drama, is considered by many people to be unethical, and will still play second fiddle to Saban. That's a lot of concerns to ignore and go all in on like you are doing.

Mediocrity IS a&m, and it will continue to be the norm there. Look at the revolving door of coaches there over time. Nothing has changed. More of the same to come with Fisher. :D
I guess you know mediocrity when you see it....

Jimbo's record looks pretty damn solid to me even when you take out 2013 and 2014 (the only 2 yrs Jameis played at FSU).
OK well then congrats I guess. I still see a bunch of 3-6 loss seasons.

Briles was never set to become the HC at Texas. Both artificial

He was told he would have to interview and be vetted....
And he blew up because Patterson said he could not get away with same stuff at Texas that was going on at Baylor. Texas would have proceeded on if Briles' ego had not gotten in the way.

You are a name-caller and bully with no true information of your own.
Here is some information. Texas wan't "ready to pull the trigger on Briles" as you lied about. I know that much.

Of course y
Here is some information. Texas wan't "ready to pull the trigger on Briles" as you lied about. I know that much.
I don't care what you think you know. Time will tell if this thing works out for us but it must worry you all as your insults have changed to belittling Fisher.

Skins on the wall. Get some. Until then STFU, lesser.
it's a shame that your entire self worth is based on a team's football success. Maybe one day you'll be able to move out of your mom's house and experience life.

Another lie from you, Joe. I said Fisher was a good coach. I just don't think he's elite or worth $75M.

Just don't come over to the Longhorn board and lie about us. It's pretty simple. Because Art Briles was mentioned in the press does not mean we were ready to pull the trigger on him. It's simply a lie.

it's a shame that your entire self worth is based on a team's football success. Maybe one day you'll be able to move out of your mom's house and experience life.
Haha. Says the loser aggy looking for validation on his former rival's website. Sorry we don't think your new coach is worth the money you rubes are paying him. Sorry that makes you cry.

Skins on the wall, lesser. Check into it. =)roll

And he blew up because Patterson said he could not get away with same stuff at Texas that was going on at Baylor. Texas would have proceeded on if Briles' ego had not gotten in the way.
With the vetting process, what skeletons would have reared their ugly head had that occurred. He was never offered. All that matters.

$75M is not a lot when you consider per win amounts. Herman gets close to $900k per win, if Fisher wins over 8 games we are on par with his salary.

$75M is not a lot when you consider per win amounts. Herman gets close to $900k per win, if Fisher wins over 8 games we are on par with his salary.
You got your coach, he has resigned. Go kick that SEC tail. Those daddies still own you year in and year out.

75 million guaranteed is a shit load of money, but that's not the endgame. He also cost you 10.4 million to kick Sumlin to the curb plus buyouts and guaranteed money still to be paid to current staffers including Chief whom I've been told will not be retained. SO add it all up and let us know how it pans out when they win something.

Is this the kind of reasoning they teach at the farm school? So if Jimbo wins 6 that's 1.25million per win. If Herman wins 8 that's 675K. Texas will have a better value per win.

its official.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ng-florida-state-accept-coaching-job-texas-am

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher has resigned and will be named the new coach at Texas A&M, sources told ESPN's Mark Schlabach.

He won't coach in tomorrow's game against Louisiana-Monroe, sources told ESPN.

The 52-year-old Fisher had hoped to wait to announce his decision until after Saturday's regular-season finale against Louisiana Monroe in Tallahassee, Florida, which the Seminoles (5-6, 3-5 ACC) need to win to extend their streak of 35 consecutive bowl games. That game was postponed from Sept. 9 and rescheduled to this coming weekend because of Hurricane Irma.

ESPN reported last week that several Florida State officials expected Fisher to leave and have been preparing to target his replacement. The Seminoles, sources said, would like to target a minority coach, if possible. Oregon's Willie Taggart, former Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin and USF's Charlie Strong are options who might be considered.

Fisher won the BCS National Championship in 2013 with the Seminoles and was 83-23 in eight seasons as their head coach. Last December, Fisher signed a contract extension through 2024 that put him among the highest-paid coaches in the country.

great get by aggy

Haha. Says the loser aggy looking for validation on his former rival's website. Sorry we don't think your new coach is worth the money you rubes are paying him. Sorry that makes you cry.

Skins on the wall, lesser. Check into it. =)roll
Not looking for anything but a good chuckle every now and then. Thanks for the payoff.

Enjoy the day, ya got your coach! All you can do is win or lose from here...

Texas/Jimbo Fisher talks after Mack Brown was fired from 2014. Says Korn/Ferry search firm advised Texas not to pursue him because of "Fisher’s prickly personality." A&M not deterred.

Bold money whip boys!

"Assuming the Winston years were a bit anamolous, adjusting for ACC vs SEC & accounting for his tendency to lose his cool. 7-9 wins per yr."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT