ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

speaking of texas recruiting, seeing them this far down seems weird
Hey in 2021 we were ranked only 16th and everybody was up in arms. Most of the great players went out of state that year especially Alabama.

But hey look how it turned out the guys that stayed played great. I trust our coaches.

Sark plays the long game. Much different than Mack.

And Sark recruits the LOS unlike Strong and Herman.

Also, Sark trusts the portal as well.

No reason to panic
Why do people always say stuff like that when the recruiting class is rated lower than what is typical? Not just you, I notice this in pretty much every fan base. You still want the best players, you need to get as many of them as possible because not everyone pans out. those who are rated higher in the rankings tend to have a higher success rate of developing into difference makers.

He may play the long game but he also recruits top players every cycle, that's his MO. His 24 class was #6. His 23 class was ranked #3. His 22 class was #5. So clearly he does go after the best players and gets most of them. I know signing day is over 4 months away but being out of the top 10 in recruiting, even on July 27, that's not intentional. He's still going after all the big fish that all the other big time programs are going after. It seems that he's not landing them at the same level as in previous classes.

And that's why it's weird seeing them at 13th today instead of say 4th or 5th where they seem to always be.

Hey in 2021 we were ranked only 16th and everybody was up in arms. Most of the great players went out of state that year especially Alabama.

But hey look how it turned out the guys that stayed played great. I trust our coaches.
Yes it was a fine year but the margins are slim. The games against tcu, ksu and houston all came down to the final minutes or seconds, and we could have been looking at last season in a completely different way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT