ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Washington game thread

Not sure, but sounded like Sanders went after Worthy hard after that last drop. Good on him.
If so, good for him. No need for us to know/discuss. That’s internal business. But if true…J.Sanders is my boy. Sometimes you have to get in a brothers grill and hash it out. When that is displayed for the world to see and comment on, it doesn’t have the intended impact and doesn’t allow for the cat getting chewed’s ego to digest it and reflect with his brothers internally without getting sensitive. Too many people chatting in his ear when made public.

See we can’t even have a logical discussion within this fan base. It’s either one extreme or the next with you guys. I’m out. This is my last post here. Can’t take the toxic negativity that comes with this board. QB finally has a decent game and we want to can him.

Dude. Did you not read your post I responded to? Lol. He played very good. Had a very good 2nd half. Hopefully he builds on that. His arm talent is undeniable. He’s not even close to an elite QB yet. He’s currently bang average.

And again. Where did I say to move on from him? But somehow I’m the only one being unreasonable. I’m calling that BS out. Sorry

Weevil is a good guy and is usually pretty funny with his sarcasm. Hang around man. I don't think his is that serious about Quinn as much as he is pissed at losing.
Yes, don’t give up on this board. Everyone here is good people. You and Weevil bring great perspective and we don’t want to see anyone leave. Losing sucks we get it.

This was a meaningless bowl game anyway. Would prefer we won big but it has zero impact on next season. Recruiting is strong as ever and expectations will be high next season. Can’t wait to see us take another big step next year.

Reactions: weevilcatch
We didn’t watch the same guys then. I remember watching VY get benched in favor of Chance Mock and thinking to myself how he was a perfect recruit coming out of high school.

Colt turned the ball over 23 times his sophomore year as well. This fan base is just starved for success.
Was that in Bizarro World?

VY became the starter the week after the OU game and remained the starter until he left.
He went 30-2 as a starter, beat Ohio State in the horseshoe, and carried our offense to 2 Rose Bowl wins and a NC.

All Colt did was set an FBS record for wins by a QB with 45.

If you watch QE and see a QB on the same career trajectory, you need to have your eyes checked.

VY became the starter the week after the OU game and remained the starter until he left.
He went 30-2 as a starter, beat Ohio State in the horseshoe, and carried our offense to 2 Rose Bowl wins and a NC.

If you watch QE and see a QB on the same career trajectory, you need to have your eyes checked.

Colts struggles we’re in year 2 believe it or not. He was pretty damn good his Fr year

If so, good for him. No need for us to know/discuss. That’s internal business. But if true…J.Sanders is my boy. Sometimes you have to get in a brothers grill and hash it out. When that is displayed for the world to see and comment on, it doesn’t have the intended impact and doesn’t allow for the cat getting chewed’s ego to digest it and reflect with his brothers internally without getting sensitive. Too many people chatting in his ear when made public.
I'm gonna guess... worthy bytches constantly about ewers passes. Sanders rolls his eyes. Has finally said something to x and told him to pipe down. Then tonight happens. Sanders reasonably livid.

BTW, maybe worse than the drops was the last pass he had thrown to him on the last drive-- he wasn't going to put himself in any type of danger going after that ball. He absolutely could not have played back when Ronnie lotts and Joey browners and Steve Atwaters were allowed to straight up murder you if you went over the middle. If he's scared with the modern rules...

Colts struggles we’re in year 2 believe it or not. He was pretty damn good his Fr year
He struggled, but you never thought he wasn't the guy.

You can say what you want about next season, but the guy enrolling in 3 weeks is has an NFL QB body, brain, and pedigree.

He may redshirt, but it won't be because he doesn't have command of the offense or the ability to make all the throws.

Reactions: weevilcatch

Chance mock Texas tech game.

Colt was the only offensive starter in 06 that wasn't a starter in 05. We returned 10... from the national champions. And ended... in the Alamo bowl

I'm gonna guess... worthy bytches constantly about ewers passes. Sanders rolls his eyes. Has finally said something to x and told him to pipe down. Then tonight happens. Sanders reasonably livid.

BTW, maybe worse than the drops was the last pass he had thrown to him on the last drive-- he wasn't going to put himself in any type of danger going after that ball. He absolutely could not have played back when Ronnie lotts and Joey browners and Steve Atwaters were allowed to straight up murder you if you went over the middle. If he's scared with the modern rules...

X seems to be a front runner, entitled asswhip. Played with dudes like that. Never shut up, always bitching. Energy vampires man.

I’m probably wrong. He’s probably very humble

Reactions: Metcalf #2
See we can’t even have a logical discussion within this fan base. It’s either one extreme or the next with you guys. I’m out. This is my last post here. Can’t take the toxic negativity that comes with this board. QB finally has a decent game and we want to can him.
We can be logical bro. Ewers will win the heisman next year. Mark it. But he might not. If after 3.25 games he doesn’t have 100% completion percentage and 12 touchdown throws, can him. His arm is elite, but he has no accuracy. He’s composed, but he’s a mental midget. His mullet sucks but is cool. He’s slow but should use his legs more. He can’t read the D and panics but his progressions are unworldly. He’s short but also kind of tall. He’s too lethargic but stoic. But he also got frustrated with Worthy’s drop so he does show emotion…but was it too much emotion? Was it toxically masculine? He’s also a freshman but has been out of HS for 6 yrs and is going pro in a few months but maybe only if Manning takes his spot. Murphy needs to start unless Card stays and then only if Manning doesn’t portal next week bc he will for sure start if Ewers goes pro. OMG OMG

Washington is a good team and earned the win, but we didn’t give ourselves much of a chance. Too many mistakes from a lot of different players. We played like the young team that we are. With either Bijan or RoJo we would’ve had a WAY better offensive performance. Same with Overshown instead of Jett Bush on defense. And it didn’t help that Ford was not his usual self tonight. In the last few weeks Worthy has done serious damage to his reputation with Longhorn fans. .. can he even recover after his critical drops tonight? To me, the WR1 spot should be open competition in the Spring and Fall camps. Either way I can’t wait for Neyor to get back. Sark did okay with play calling if the players could have just executed (caught catchable passes), except he definitely should have ran with Brooks over K-rob from the beginning of the game, not just the fourth quarter. Quinn was good overall - I’m excited to see his improvement come next fall. Really I’m excited to see all these youngsters take the next step, especially the O-line. Plus the incoming class is going to be fun to watch too. It was a frustrating night to top off a frustrating season with five one-score losses, but as always - Hook em!

We can be logical bro. Ewers will win the heisman next year. Mark it. But he might not. If after 3.25 games he doesn’t have 100% completion percentage and 12 touchdown throws, can him. His arm is elite, but he has no accuracy. He’s composed, but he’s a mental midget. His mullet sucks but is cool. He’s slow but should use his legs more. He can’t read the D and panics but his progressions are unworldly. He’s short but also kind of tall. He’s too lethargic but stoic. But he also got frustrated with Worthy’s drop so he does show emotion…but was it too much emotion? Was it toxically masculine? He’s also a freshman but has been out of HS for 6 yrs and is going pro in a few months but maybe only if Manning takes his spot. Murphy needs to start unless Card stays and then only if Manning doesn’t portal next week bc he will for sure start if Ewers goes pro. OMG OMG

Agreed. Opinions about him have been about as all over the place as he has looked at times this year.

2nd half today looked very good. He did well. Still a ton of questions and I’m not sure he has the answers.

This post is funny and pretty Damn accurate, but also completely wrong and stupid.

Reactions: JonBinge
Agreed. Opinions about him have been about as all over the place as he has looked at times this year.

2nd half today looked very good. He did well. Still a ton of questions and I’m not sure he has the answers.

This post is funny and pretty Damn accurate, but also completely wrong and stupid.
FU pal, I nailed it 😂 🍻

Chance mock Texas tech game.

Colt was the only offensive starter in 06 that wasn't a starter in 05. We returned 10... from the national champions. And ended... in the Alamo bowl
So after winning his 1st 4 starts by a combined 182-42, you questioned whether he was the guy, because Chance Mock got put in for the last drive versus Tech?

All 10 except for Jermichael Finley, Quan Cosby, Jordan Shipley, and Jamal Charles.

I've checked the other Texas boards. They have a lot more negatively than this one. Next year will be more of the same so don't invest any money or time.

Texas basketball with Chris Beard, they're good. Without him, fade it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT