ADVERTISEMENT

**Official Texas vs Washington thread to the Title Game of Redemptive Glory**

And don't forget he led us to a victory at Alabama or biggest victory since the win over SC in the RB.

but but but those refs cheated us.
It was pretty clear that the refs weren't a problem for ou.... It was Benedict Darnold, lol!!

Fight On Southern Cal GIF by USC Trojans

but but but those refs cheated us.
I tried to tell Oklahoma fans that the refs were not going to cut Oklahoma any slack. But what happened when Oklahoma played Kansas 10 penalties that's what. Then the following week there was the terrible no call against Oklahoma State which cost Oklahoma the game. I mean a blind man could have made that call.

I realize that I've already posted this but did you notice who refreed the Alamo Bowl? The SEC. They got called for holding at least 3x. The SEC was letting Bill Bedenbaugh know you're not going to get away holding in on our conference. In the Riley era Oklahoma got away with so much. It's not going to be like that in the SEC. Then we'll see how much like the officiating.

Reactions: HornDrummer
Notice that Larry and Bell don’t post in the same thread? Clob nailed it. And by the way, how did he come up with that Larry handle? Is that some AI generated username? I hope so.

This is freaking hilarious! Cmon Bell! You’re better than this.

I don’t even know who Bell is. Is this another ridiculous theory? Of course it is
Ok Bell. The jig is up dude. It's old. It's tired. And we are all moving on.

Go get back on your own account and we can talk.

@weevilcatch I have one positive going into next season that I know will please you. Jake Majors has played his last game for Texas. I can see the smile on you face as you read.

I assume you're not taking this seriously.

Lol. Or taken seriously at all Cali 😆

He’s been a terrific Longhorn. Probably going to be a great coach or successful person. No doubts. That said, he never really progressed physically or technically. Smart as heck though on the front.

For the most part fans on here are giving Washington credit and not even mentioning the refs. However you have a few crying and whining and making the fan base look like idiots. I would say this to my teams fan base or anyone else. I bet some of you guys are the same ones at high school basketball games who yell at the refs because the team fouls aren’t even. I’m right huh? Or the ones at the games who yell cheaters at every questionable call

The refs were terrible and should be held accountable. They won’t.

For me the worst was wanting to measure for a UW first down when the ball was obviously a yard short and then not wanting to measure and just giving UW a first down when Texas stopped them on a 3rd down.

That side judge was dogshit and he’s just stealing $800.

With that said, it evened out a little at the end and Texas should’ve won anyway.

Quinn needed to throw that final pass to the pylon. The leverage of the CB was easily susceptible to a come back. That’s the kind of stuff a #1 QB sees and/or a 5th year starter lol

Reactions: HornDrummer
Who do you think?

If Penix didn’t have the injury history from Indiana he’d be unquestioned #1.

Who has better pocket presence? Who throws a better deep ball?
I have Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Bo Nix all ahead of him and more NFL upside. Penix is going to be a decent NFL QB but his lack of mobility puts him behind the others I have ahead of him. He's probably the most accurate passer but keep in mind he's playing with an OL that gives him a lot of time to find multiple receivers. He won't have that kind of luxury at the next level and will need to be able to throw on the run. That's actually a weakness for him. If you can flush him out of the pocket, he's not nearly as effective a passer. .

I have Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Bo Nix all ahead of him and more NFL upside. Penix is going to be a decent NFL QB but his lack of mobility puts him behind the others I have ahead of him. He's probably the most accurate passer but keep in mind he's playing with an OL that gives him a lot of time to find multiple receivers. He won't have that kind of luxury at the next level and will need to be able to throw on the run. That's actually a weakness for him. If you can flush him out of the pocket, he's not nearly as effective a passer. .
I disagree with this so much. Bo Nix can be a good NFL quarterback and I've only seen Drake Moye once.

I don't think Williams or Daniels are team players maybe it'll change in the NFL. If he plays against Michigan like he has all season his stick will shoot up.

Speed there will be no holding every play for him to have that much time to sit there. Look at Trey Lance where is he now? Once he gets those knees hit he done.

You sure this isn’t sour grapes?

Half the top 10 QBs aren’t what you would consider mobile.

I’ve watched Penix since his Indiana days. This opinion isn’t based on one game. Dude is off the charts accurate. His brain is elite. Pocket mobility is elite.

I disagree with this so much. Bo Nix can be a good NFL quarterback and I've only seen Drake Moye once.

I don't think Williams or Daniels are team players maybe it'll change in the NFL. If he plays against Michigan like he has all season his stick will shoot up.

He won’t play that well again. Michigan is better on the back end than Tx. He will play well, not elite. Michigan will win. Fans will overrate his “down” performance and Penix will go as the 4th QB. That will be a huge win for whoever gets him. He will be very good.

He won’t play that well again. Michigan is better on the back end than Tx. He will play well, not elite. Michigan will win. Fans will overrate his “down” performance and Penix will go as the 4th QB. That will be a huge win for whoever gets him. He will be very good.
I don't think Michigan has seen a passing with those kind of receivers. That threesome will be in the NFL. Odunze, the best one in that bunch, may not be as good as Harrison Jr but he's real close.

You sure this isn’t sour grapes?

Half the top 10 QBs aren’t what you would consider mobile.

I’ve watched Penix since his Indiana days. This opinion isn’t based on one game. Dude is off the charts accurate. His brain is elite. Pocket mobility is elite.

Yeah the panthers are doing real well right now aren't they?

I’m not following Robo. What does Carolina have to do with Penix?

Bryce Young is their qb they suck balls definitely could happen to Penix. Penix is a gimp NFL teams are already speaking of him not being on their board or sub boarding him cause his medical is going to be so bad, he is a major liability now. This is his history....

torn right ACL in 2018, a dislocated SC joint in his non-throwing shoulder in 2019, another torn right ACL in 2020, and an AC separation in his throwing shoulder in 2021.

One good hit in the NFL will end his career. Not even the 90s Cowboys lines or 70s Raiders line can protect him from getting hit in the NFL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drtxhorn
Bryce Young is their qb they suck balls definitely could happen to Penix. Penix is a gimp NFL teams are already speaking of him not being on their board or sub boarding him cause his medical is going to be so bad, he is a major liability now. This is his history....

torn right ACL in 2018, a dislocated SC joint in his non-throwing shoulder in 2019, another torn right ACL in 2020, and an AC separation in his throwing shoulder in 2021.

One good hit in the NFL will end his career. Not even the 90s Cowboys lines or 70s Raiders line can protect him from getting hit in the NFL.
Right. Bryce Young is this year's Penix. He was thought to be an elite passer with elite mechanics and pocket presence. He quickly discovered that his passing and pocket presence are no longer elite with a poor OL and no quality receivers.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
Right. Bryce Young is this year's Penix. He was thought to be an elite passer with elite mechanics and pocket presence. He quickly discovered that his passing and pocket presence are no longer elite with a poor OL and no quality receivers.
No one is with that combination.

No one is with that combination.
That’s why the top QB draft prospects have to be dual threats. The NFL Is trending towards franchise QB’s like Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen. Drop back passers who can’t make plays with their feet are no longer must have #1 overall players. Penix is definitely an NFL QB who will be very successful but he doesn’t have the long term upside that Williams and Maye have.

whew.. that was close! But grudging respect for putting together a good season.

I guess that's maybe the worst thing about sports is that all teams but one lose their last meaningful game.

Anyhoo, see you guys soon. Got something for you for 10/12/24! ;)

I don’t care what the NFL thinks because I’m not projecting where I think he’ll go. I’m saying for me, he’s the top QB prospect.

Lots of NFL franchises live in an archaic world which is why their franchises suck ass still. So yes, some will look at his injuries from half a decade ago and cross him off. Those franchises are the ones that suck ass and always will. Being worried about previous injuries is archaic thinking.

Is Miami not taking a gamble on mush brains Tua?

Is Cincy gonna part ways with Joe?

Of course not.

In regards to Young, I preferred Stroud over him by a mile. Other than that I didn’t think the QB class was very good.

I think Penix will be an absolute steal in the late 2nd round. A team like the Saints would do well to pick him up.

Reactions: outhereincali
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT