This Just Got Real

Oh and fwiw - how do you know that the emails werent released for the investigation, or that they havent been released to Baylor in full... most journalists are smarter than to dump stuff like this without solid backup - especialy in these type of cases. Shemay have been one of the unnamed persons involved in all of this who finally went public since Baylor decided NOT to release the full reprt - which also makes them look terrible and liek they still have more to hide... the lawsuits are coming and that report WILL be used in them whether baylor wants it to or not.... Baylor is trying to slavage athletics at any costs in this when they should just clean house and start a fresh new chapter with coaches and admins that arent involved with cover ups...
I'm not sure that we aren't in agreement on this - my point is the young lady has the texts - release them to the public. Seeing video of Ray Rice hit the girlfriend is 10x worse than reading that he was charged with domestic violence. Likewise - reading a charge that "coaches" were contacting rape victims will have more life if we can see the actual conversations that Lebby had with the young lady. She has released her picture and name, so her privacy is no longer at issue.

I'm not sure that we aren't in agreement on this - my point is the young lady has the texts - release them to the public. Seeing video of Ray Rice hit the girlfriend is 10x worse than reading that he was charged with domestic violence. Likewise - reading a charge that "coaches" were contacting rape victims will have more life if we can see the actual conversations that Lebby had with the young lady. She has released her picture and name, so her privacy is no longer at issue.

Looking at it, we may be seeing eye to eye on this, just at different levels. Understand, Im not trying to give you crap, I just feel Baylor could have doen much more up till now to make things a lot better for themselves... seems like they are more interested in preserving some success at the cost of trying to still cover up stuff or let things slide - IE: other staff knowing and still being employed... I mean I am sure this investigation was thorough enough to terminate all other coaches to start with but they want to act like it started and ended with Briles when reality dictates that Briles was informed on things by subordinates in the athletic dept in order for him to do what he did.... the ONLY way to show dedication to change at Baylor is to scrap all that may have ben involved and start fresh... and hell in Texas they dont even need a reason to terminate a coach etc as this is an at will state... and with the evidence we currently KNOW about, that would be grounds enough to wipe the slate clean .

But again, we may actually be eye to eye on this, just on different levels.

Reactions: diadevic
Heresay? This isn't a court of law. It's the court of public opinion and heresay is very much allowed.

Prior to Briles’ dismissal late last month, he had told the Waco Tribune-Herald Chafin would return to the practice field after a brief suspension due to a pot arrest. “He’ll be back,” Briles said at the time. “It’s his first offense in over a four-year period, and he had some bad judgment, just like a lot of us do. He picked a bad time to do it. … It’s about representing yourself, your family, the Baylor community and making wise decisions. He’s remorseful, but there will also be some punishment phases that go along with the remorse.”

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ting-her-says-art-briles-and-jeff-lebby-knew/

Is anyone defending the proven bald faced liar and general scumbag Art Briles anymore? I bet the Boise coach is smirking.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Prior to Briles’ dismissal late last month, he had told the Waco Tribune-Herald Chafin would return to the practice field after a brief suspension due to a pot arrest. “He’ll be back,” Briles said at the time. “It’s his first offense in over a four-year period, and he had some bad judgment, just like a lot of us do. He picked a bad time to do it. … It’s about representing yourself, your family, the Baylor community and making wise decisions. He’s remorseful, but there will also be some punishment phases that go along with the remorse.”

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ting-her-says-art-briles-and-jeff-lebby-knew/

wow..... time to clean house. entirely.

ok....I am gonna say it.

I think there is much,much more damning news coming out of Waco and I could see anything happening right up to kicking Baylor out of the Big12 and even being de certified as a place of higher learning. That said, I do not even sort of understand the case of Ms Lorenzo. I do not understand a victim not going to the Police, but instead, taking selfies and tweeting with coaches and the athletic department. Something is just not right. I know that many, perhaps most rapes go unreported, mostly due to the mental trauma of the crime itself. But to not report it and then go to the coaches? I just dont get it.

Reactions: diadevic
ok....I am gonna say it.

I think there is much,much more damning news coming out of Waco and I could see anything happening right up to kicking Baylor out of the Big12 and even being de certified as a place of higher learning. That said, I do not even sort of understand the case of Ms Lorenzo. I do not understand a victim not going to the Police, but instead, taking selfies and tweeting with coaches and the athletic department. Something is just not right. I know that many, perhaps most rapes go unreported, mostly due to the mental trauma of the crime itself. But to not report it and then go to the coaches? I just dont get it.
I don't know if this is the case or not, because I clearly do not know this lady, but I believe there was another victim who said that she felt that she could not report anything to the university or the Waco PD because she knew nothing would be done because they were football players. If that is a feeling that is wide spread across the university and that kind of thing does spread on a university the size of Baylor, I can see why she went directly to the coach. But as a friend who has been through this type of behavior told me, nothing makes sense and the person who is committing these crimes has generally gone through the entire emotional gambit that makes it seem like it is the victim's fault. That is why a bunch of rapes and sexual assaults do go unreported.

ok....I am gonna say it.

Was she raped? I was thinking she was assaulted like being roughed up. If she was sexually assaulted then I think it is weird to oldhorn that she would not go to the police....but...I know a lot of women don't go to the police and I can't begin to understand what they go through when this happens. All these thugs will get what is coming to them I hope.

Honestly do you think those texts will prove/disprove Lebby or whomever's innocence in this whole mess? None of them should be employed right now regardless of the Lozano development.

Well this is a little wierd. Ms. Lozano works for ESPN? WTH? Release your freaking texts!

http://heavy.com/sports/2016/06/dol...twitter-art-briles-football-bio-devin-chafin/
up until now I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. You are WRONG about this. Why does she need to prove anything? Baylor has already been shown they are wrong. What are you hoping for? That she was planted by ESPN to get a story about Baylor? or? I don't see what her working for ESPN has to do with anything in regards to what happened at baylor.

Honestly do you think those texts will prove/disprove Lebby or whomever's innocence in this whole mess? None of them should be employed right now regardless of the Lozano development.
Baylor is only make it worse. They have no idea what they are doing. Now they hold onto any crumb that maybe the girls were lying or? I am not sure what diadevic is thinking on this...

Is he saying there is a connection to Texas with LHN/ESPN???
And there it is! Ole bell figured it out. Texas planted all the women knowing baylor would not do anything about it in order to get rid of briles. Texas is fricking awesome!

And there it is! Ole bell figured it out. Texas planted all the women knowing baylor would not do anything about it in order to get rid of briles. Texas is fricking awesome!
Is that what Diadevic is implying about her alleged connection to ESPN?

Is that what Diadevic is implying about her alleged connection to ESPN?
That is what I am guessing. What do you think bell? Sure seems like it. Did not mean to insinuate you were trying to say that..looked odd the way I said it in reply to your post.

That is what I am guessing. What do you think bell? Sure seems like it. Did not mean to insinuate you were trying to say that..looked odd the way I said it in reply to your post.
Perhaps Diadevic will chime in with clarification.

Diadevic is a pretty good sport I'll give him that. I've thrown a lot of bait out there for him on this Baylor deal and he's kept his cool:D now coincidentally most of what I've thrown out there is truth but he has been a good sport and it has to be a hard deal to go through especially with football right around the corner. Having said that, OU could sure use a few of those receivers y'all have accumulated so see what you can do to get them out of their LOI or current scholarship, thanks.

I don't know what Diadevic is implying. He's never struck me as the conspiracy theorist though. Haven't police already noted that they were called and pics provded but the victim decided not to press charges? Maybe I am mixing up stories. If so, I don't see how you can think this was fabricated. Regardless if it is fabricated, Chaffin should pursue charges and clear his name, Baylor's and it's coaches name are already buried in mud, so there is nothing to clear.

Last edited:
Holy fvcking sh!t balls......

Just read an article that says "allegedly" that upon learning of the event, Coach Lebby punished the kid by "making him lift extra weights in the weight room".

I lack the words......

I absolutely think the texts will prove his guilt. And if the texts reveal nothing, the texts themselves do not prove innocence.

up until now I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. You are WRONG about this. Why does she need to prove anything? Baylor has already been shown they are wrong. What are you hoping for? That she was planted by ESPN to get a story about Baylor? or? I don't see what her working for ESPN has to do with anything in regards to what happened at baylor.
Well thanks for the benefit, and I will try to clarify. Was she assaulted? Maybe, maybe not. But SHE is the one who is alleging that she was assaulted, AND that Briles knew. Chafin claims that he did not tell Briles. One of them is lying. Chafin claims that he doesn't know where the bruises came from. Again, one of them is lying. I certainly wouldn't put my money on Chafin as the truthteller. But she is telling us she has texts, which is the direct link to the coaching staff and will prove her story. She can put this whole thing to bed by releasing the texts to Lebby, verifying that she notified the coaches. The ESPN Part? She is a freaking journalist (or whatever they call ESPN people) and a communications major. For crying out loud, the most forceful way to get your message across is to verify your allegations with independent evidence. The texts are the most powerful evidence that (a) her story is truthful, and (b) exactly what the coaches were telling the girls to do. She works for ESPN, and is corresponding with an ESPN writer about a story? Come on - this is turning into tabloid journalism.

The NCAA, the Federal govt., the American Public, and whoever else gives a d*amn has enough evidence with the two convicted rapists to bury BU forever as an athletic and academic institution. If this alleged assault is not true, it doesn't matter with respect to BU's future, as the self inflicted damage is already done. You are correct, she does not need to prove anything - except she is making an allegation. With respect to this specific alleged assault (and this one only) - I smell a rat, and adherence to Journalism 101 would clear the air. Come on Ms. Lozano - let us see how the coaching staff operates.

Edit - BTW - reading through some of the other posts - in no way am I implying this is some sort of LHN/ESPN conspiracy. I am merely questioning whether this is just sensationalism for the purpose of generating eyeballs.

Last edited:
Well thanks for the benefit, and I will try to clarify. Was she assaulted? Maybe, maybe not. But SHE is the one who is alleging that she was assaulted, AND that Briles knew. Chafin claims that he did not tell Briles. One of them is lying. Chafin claims that he doesn't know where the bruises came from. Again, one of them is lying. I certainly wouldn't put my money on Chafin as the truthteller. But she is telling us she has texts, which is the direct link to the coaching staff and will prove her story. She can put this whole thing to bed by releasing the texts to Lebby, verifying that she notified the coaches. The ESPN Part? She is a freaking journalist (or whatever they call ESPN people) and a communications major. For crying out loud, the most forceful way to get your message across is to verify your allegations with independent evidence. The texts are the most powerful evidence that (a) her story is truthful, and (b) exactly what the coaches were telling the girls to do. She works for ESPN, and is corresponding with an ESPN writer about a story? Come on - this is turning into tabloid journalism.

The NCAA, the Federal govt., the American Public, and whoever else gives a d*amn has enough evidence with the two convicted rapists to bury BU forever as an athletic and academic institution. If this alleged assault is not true, it doesn't matter with respect to BU's future, as the self inflicted damage is already done. You are correct, she does not need to prove anything - except she is making an allegation. With respect to this specific alleged assault (and this one only) - I smell a rat, and adherence to Journalism 101 would clear the air. Come on Ms. Lozano - let us see how the coaching staff operates.
Couple things.....Baylor is the one who is giving tabloid journalism the ammo..Didn't she tell the police?....If she is lying, chafin and briles need to sue her RIGHT NOW. Wouldn't you?? You are doing a lot of victim blaming right now it seems to me. After what we have learned recently I would think I would take her word over any coach or admin at Baylor....wouldn't you? Why doesn't Lebby sue her or ask her to show the texts? Shouldn't he be the one screaming to the heavens? I know I would be screaming and telling her to show them if I was Lebby AND innocent. IF you truly want to know how the coaching staff and administration have operated then tell baylor to release the report. Don't blame the victims. And as a thought or question....why would she lie? How does it help her?

Lebby had no comment. If you were accused of that, wouldn't you scream to high heaven? An innocent man doesn't remain silent.

Couple things.....Baylor is the one who is giving tabloid journalism the ammo..Didn't she tell the police?....If she is lying, chafin and briles need to sue her RIGHT NOW. Wouldn't you?? You are doing a lot of victim blaming right now it seems to me. After what we have learned recently I would think I would take her word over any coach or admin at Baylor....wouldn't you? Why doesn't Lebby sue her or ask her to show the texts? Shouldn't he be the one screaming to the heavens? I know I would be screaming and telling her to show them if I was Lebby AND innocent. IF you truly want to know how the coaching staff and administration have operated then tell baylor to release the report. Don't blame the victims. And as a thought or question....why would she lie? How does it help her?
I tried to be very careful in the post, and perhaps I failed. But let me be clear - there is no intent to blame the victim. But just releasing the texts would settle the matter once and for all. Its not that hard to do.

Lebby had no comment. If you were accused of that, wouldn't you scream to high heaven? An innocent man doesn't remain silent.

He's not innocent overall. He theoretically could be innocent of this particular instance though. I think his silence speaks more to not wanting to stick his foot in his mouth.

Lebby could just as easily release the texts. But as I tried to make clear, they have enough fish to fry with the convicted rapists, pending lawsuits, potential lawsuits, Title IX police forthcoming, career path swirling down the toilet, and his benefactor father in law being unemployed - whether he rebuts or admits her allegations, I'm sure he is prudent enough to have a lawyer telling him to keep quiet.

If you say so. I don't know how proclaiming innocence in the face of those disgusting allegations would harm himself or his father in law. If he's innocent of course.

If you say so. I don't know how proclaiming innocence in the face of those disgusting allegations would harm himself or his father in law. If he's innocent of course.

I doubt it's his choice. I am guessing Baylor has put a gag order on him. I don't disagree with you. I think someone higher up would need to say something. He's a dime a dozen in coaching easily replaceable when there isn't even a scandal going on. I just think he's probably trying to keep his job as long as possible, and right now that doing what he's told. Post Baylor he probably won't have much of a career. He very well could be guilty. I am not making a case that's he's innocent, just that his silence could have two meanings.

Tren'davian Dickson has asked for a transfer. He will have to sit a year since he was enrolled at Baylor and his transfer will almost certainly have restrictions. Baylor is losing so much young talent right now. They will have a hard time restocking young talent as well as I'm sure recruiting will take a major hit for at least several years depending on how everything ends up.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...shman-wr-trendavian-dickson-requests-transfer