This Just Got Real

Starr deserves worse than his so called "demotion". The AD's suspension is weak as well.

Reactions: diadevic
Starr deserves worse than his so called "demotion". The AD's suspension is weak as well.
Exactly. There can be no half a**ed clean up. If his failure to supervise/manage properly or whatever he is accused of is bad enough to be demoted, it is bad enough to be fired. For both the Prez and AD. I don't see how you can get a fresh start with these guys (also throw in interim coach Bennett and perhaps others on the staff) hanging around.

Reactions: Scholz
Did not go over well at all. The mines have been down here and WV for many years now though. Something about cheaper coal from China maybe? Just like the oilfields though they don't pay like they used to. I would not do it for what they get paid.

Cheap and plentiful natural gas from all the fracking.

Yes. I hope you can appreciate the hurt this whole thing has caused. I am just one voice, but I love Coach Briles. To have him totally destroyed, and for him to be responsible for totally destroying my university, I have to be not 100% certain of the allegations, but 100% plus 1. And I have read the portions of the report released. There are lots of "procedures not followed" and "program bigger than the university." I want specifics so I can put this thing to bed in my head once and for all. The only way to get that is for the full release of the report, so we can see the depths of the shenanigans. Virtually everyone I spoke to this weekend feels the same way - we want to see the whole thing so that there will be no doubt about the action taken. I know several of the regents, and I trust their judgment. But just the same, I want to see it for myself. How much further damage could it possibly cause? Release it all!

It would be the road map for the attorneys for the alleged 28 rape victims who were denied their rights under Title IX.

Well, let me walk through how this will play out, if I'm off base a little, please correct me:

Lawsuits will be filed by these women. Most of them will probably be settled OUT of court, and since Baylor is a private institution, they can avoid the details of said lawsuits ever being fully released. However, the female soccer player will file in federal court for a Title IX violation. At this point, the FBI and DOJ get involved. They will do an extensive search, will probably take a year minimum, after which the trial will go to court and she probably wins a slam dunk. Why would she settle? That information the DOJ digs up will be a matter of public record. No way of keeping their findings private even at a private institution.

So by my math, it may take a couple of years for everything to come out, but with the feds involved, you can bet your arse it will.

I don't think you have to be an athlete to sue for failing to meet Title IX requirements.

Cheap and plentiful natural gas from all the fracking.

The thing is most power plants in the east are still coal powered. My son-in-law is an engineer at Duke Power and he said they bring in a lot of coal from South America. He is being transferred to the hydro-power plants which I am glad because coal is laying off at Duke Power or rather transferring all the skills that transfer to renewables and nuclear. I don't know if they are closing some coal plants or they are more efficient now. I will ask him. I would love to see the nuclear plant. No chance of that. ha

It would be the road map for the attorneys for the alleged 28 rape victims who were denied their rights under Title IX.
I understand, but when the Chairman of your Board of Regents issues a press release that says the report is "horrifying" and "toxic" - the attorney's don't need the report - just run with the quotes of the chairman and let the imagination do the rest. As far as lawsuits go, the damage has been done.

According to Baylor 24/7 these are the only recruits to have enrolled at this point:

Midterm Enrollees:
Zach Smith
Trendavion $#@!son
Brandon Autry
Jeremy Faulk

Summer I Enrollees:
Raleigh Texada
Bravion Roy
Grayland Arnold
Michael Johnson
Denzel Mims
Chris Miller
Rajah Preciado

Yes. I hope you can appreciate the hurt this whole thing has caused. I am just one voice, but I love Coach Briles. To have him totally destroyed, and for him to be responsible for totally destroying my university, I have to be not 100% certain of the allegations, but 100% plus 1. And I have read the portions of the report released. There are lots of "procedures not followed" and "program bigger than the university." I want specifics so I can put this thing to bed in my head once and for all. The only way to get that is for the full release of the report, so we can see the depths of the shenanigans. Virtually everyone I spoke to this weekend feels the same way - we want to see the whole thing so that there will be no doubt about the action taken. I know several of the regents, and I trust their judgment. But just the same, I want to see it for myself. How much further damage could it possibly cause? Release it all!

How can you still claimto "love" someone when in the same breath you condemn them for destroying everything else you loved? Briles is/was/will always be trash.... you should have disdain for him.. reardless of what he has done for Baylor.... and you should hate him bc inthe process of doiung what he did he severely SCARRED your universities image and reputation... he won by breaking rules and violating the laws of the land.... I understand sooners hold switzer and wilkerson high up even though both of them were disgusting cheaters, but at least those guys won championships over an extended period and the sooners are STILL a blue blood championship contender to this day... Baylor was NOTHING before briles and will be nothing once again... and that is mainly bc of what briles helped cover up for years... he DOOMED your school to celler dweller status with his actions... Love him? You should LOATHE him.... Im just saying....

Exactly. There can be no half a**ed clean up. If his failure to supervise/manage properly or whatever he is accused of is bad enough to be demoted, it is bad enough to be fired. For both the Prez and AD. I don't see how you can get a fresh start with these guys (also throw in interim coach Bennett and perhaps others on the staff) hanging around.

McCaw resigned today... but I dont think they will cut Starr loose....and I think it has to do with a lot of stuff that hasnt been brought to light yet... I dont know anything but it would seem the only reason Baylor would allow Starr to remain is bc he has other info that would severely damage Baylor as a whole if he got pissed off and leaked it to the proper authorities.....

McCaw resigned today... but I dont think they will cut Starr loose....and I think it has to do with a lot of stuff that hasnt been brought to light yet... I dont know anything but it would seem the only reason Baylor would allow Starr to remain is bc he has other info that would severely damage Baylor as a whole if he got pissed off and leaked it to the proper authorities.....
There's a rumor out there that Starr has tenure at law school, and BU is having to go through a process in order to give him the heave ho. Don't know if that is accurate, but would make some sense.

Boy I would like to see what he could say that could possibly make the situation worse.

How can you still claimto "love" someone when in the same breath you condemn them for destroying everything else you loved? Briles is/was/will always be trash.... you should have disdain for him.. reardless of what he has done for Baylor.... and you should hate him bc inthe process of doiung what he did he severely SCARRED your universities image and reputation... he won by breaking rules and violating the laws of the land.... I understand sooners hold switzer and wilkerson high up even though both of them were disgusting cheaters, but at least those guys won championships over an extended period and the sooners are STILL a blue blood championship contender to this day... Baylor was NOTHING before briles and will be nothing once again... and that is mainly bc of what briles helped cover up for years... he DOOMED your school to celler dweller status with his actions... Love him? You should LOATHE him.... Im just saying....
Because I/we was/were misled. I can't believe I could be so wrong about a person. It is taking a little time to come to grips with all this. BTW - you have plenty of ammunition to pile on, but so far there have been no allegations of breaking rules (to the extent you are referring to NCAA rules).

There's a rumor out there that Starr has tenure at law school, and BU is having to go through a process in order to give him the heave ho. Don't know if that is accurate, but would make some sense.

Does BU have the faculty handbook online. Getting rid of a tenured faculty member is extremely difficult but it should be laid out in the handbook. His biggest argument was that this happened while he was president and not in his role as faculty member and there is a possibility that there is nothing in the handbook that spells out how to remove him in this situation. Its hard to say for sure so far only a summary of findings of the Pepper Hamilton report is being released. If we had the handbook and the report about Starr's role in this we could say for sure how the removal process will work out.

Because I/we was/were misled. I can't believe I could be so wrong about a person. It is taking a little time to come to grips with all this. BTW - you have plenty of ammunition to pile on, but so far there have been no allegations of breaking rules (to the extent you are referring to NCAA rules).

I wasnt referring to any NCAA rules per se... just the laws of the land, both criminal and civil - as it applies to title IX stuff. ;)

I dont like Baylor or most of its fans, but you are an OK guy Diadevic, I kinda feel bad for you having to go through all of this.

I wasnt referring to any NCAA rules per se... just the laws of the land, both criminal and civil - as it applies to title IX stuff. ;)

I dont like Baylor or most of its fans, but you are an OK guy Diadevic, I kinda feel bad for you having to go through all of this.
I really don't want to go back to the days of reading Real Bear's sig - "Just like the sun is rising in the east, the Bears are going to rise up and whup you, so you better get ready for it." It took 20 years for the sun to rise ....

Reactions: LonghornSoldier

Does BU have the faculty handbook online. Getting rid of a tenured faculty member is extremely difficult but it should be laid out in the handbook. His biggest argument was that this happened while he was president and not in his role as faculty member and there is a possibility that there is nothing in the handbook that spells out how to remove him in this situation. Its hard to say for sure so far only a summary of findings of the Pepper Hamilton report is being released. If we had the handbook and the report about Starr's role in this we could say for sure how the removal process will work out.

Dan Lebatard just hit the nail on the head, all the figureheads at Baylor are saying sorry but no one has taken responsibility for what happened.

Ken Starr saying the captain goes down with the ship, I didn't know anything about it, but I take responsibility. Later saying that he hasn't talked to Art Briles about what he knew and multiple times claiming ignorance.

Briles statement claims that he has to remain silent but he hopes to share with us what he was aware of as soon as he can.

Both seem to be passing off the blame, and here we are, still wanting answers and still wondering who all was at fault.

If Baylor wanted this to go away quicker they need to do 3 things: 1) release the full Pepper Hamilton report 2) allow the unconditional release of all players 3) set up some sort of fund for the advancement of sexual assault awareness on college campuses. I think those 3 things while fully apologizing to the victims and admitting they dropped the ball would cause this thing to move on a lot faster. Just my opinion.

I don't think they have the power to do #2. They can release the 2016 guys though, I have no idea why they haven't. I guess they think by holding them hostage they will come down with Stockholm syndrome or something

Hey Scholz here is the link I was telling you about in an earlier thread about the Baylor coed who was raped and told her story to Ken Starr in person:

http://musingsofstef.blogspot.com/2016/02/i-was-raped-at-baylor-and-this-is-my_4.html

and her story was more than a year before all this current rape scandal went down. This give undeniable bull**** to Ken Starr's claim that he was unaware of the rape issue until a few months ago. But I can understand KS' position. Lying about bj's is far more worse than a case of rape. When people lie about things like that they deserve to be punished. As far as Ken is concerned rape is no big deal.

He can claim to be a raised Church of Christer who is now a member of the Evangelical Bible Church. But he isn't much of a Christian. He's just a typical lawyer who knows how to give two opposite answers in one question.

Like I told you before the involvement of Ken Starr in this Baylor rape scandal personal to me. As far as I'm concerned Art Briles and Ian McGraw got what they deserved but for Ken Starr to get off scott free is appalling. This is the man who called lying about a bj a sordid affair.

Reactions: Scholz
If Baylor wanted this to go away quicker they need to do 3 things: 1) release the full Pepper Hamilton report 2) allow the unconditional release of all players 3) set up some sort of fund for the advancement of sexual assault awareness on college campuses. I think those 3 things while fully apologizing to the victims and admitting they dropped the ball would cause this thing to move on a lot faster. Just my opinion.

4) Clean out that coaching staff. They still have Sam Ukwuachaucha defender Bennett in house. He will continue to be a reminder to folks about this scandal. I'm not sure that they can fire coaches without cause, but if Kendall Briles had any involvement they should definitely get rid of him as well. His name will serve as a constant reminder of all of this.

Baylor continues to slowly pull this band aid off

Have Baylor fans started demanding a full release of the Pepper Hamilton report so they can clear Coach Briles?
Well Longyac, this just got real Part II. And you might not believe this is possible, but this could be even more interesting.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Primary-Baylor-alumni-group-demands-full-report-381706161.html

The Baylor Alumni Association was in a BITTER fight with the administration over its independence. The BAA puts out a quarterly publication to alums, including all of the usual obituaries, announcements, summaries of goings on at campus. But the BAA was not shy about publishing articles that were critical of the administration. The administration tried to shut down the BAA and make it wholly owned by the University, which precipitated a cat fight that has been going on for years. A couple of years ago, the school tore down the alumni center, which ignited a lawsuit. Needless to say, there are some very hard feelings between the two groups. Now the BAA is demanding the release of the Pepper report. The BAA represents thousands of alums (and a ton of money). Given the recent hard feelings, don't be surprised if the BAA doesn't really turn the screws. If anyone can get the report released (besides leaks or the regents themselves), it is the BAA.

I know a guy whose son owns a business in Waco that installs doors for businesses. He said you wouldnt believe the number of major construction projects that have been cancelled in Waco due to this Baylor mess.

Well Longyac, this just got real Part II. And you might not believe this is possible, but this could be even more interesting.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Primary-Baylor-alumni-group-demands-full-report-381706161.html

The Baylor Alumni Association was in a BITTER fight with the administration over its independence. The BAA puts out a quarterly publication to alums, including all of the usual obituaries, announcements, summaries of goings on at campus. But the BAA was not shy about publishing articles that were critical of the administration. The administration tried to shut down the BAA and make it wholly owned by the University, which precipitated a cat fight that has been going on for years. A couple of years ago, the school tore down the alumni center, which ignited a lawsuit. Needless to say, there are some very hard feelings between the two groups. Now the BAA is demanding the release of the Pepper report. The BAA represents thousands of alums (and a ton of money). Given the recent hard feelings, don't be surprised if the BAA doesn't really turn the screws. If anyone can get the report released (besides leaks or the regents themselves), it is the BAA.
Good grief. They're eating their own now.

Have Baylor alums and stakeholders always been such a fractious lot?

and her story was more than a year before all this current rape scandal went down. This give undeniable bull**** to Ken Starr's claim that he was unaware of the rape issue until a few months ago. But I can understand KS' position. Lying about bj's is far more worse than a case of rape. When people lie about things like that they deserve to be punished. As far as Ken is concerned rape is no big deal.

More evidence he knew.

Good lord what is Starr doing?

Does he think he can clear his name or something?

Have Baylor alums and stakeholders always been such a fractious lot?
In summary -- yes. When I was there, there were big fights over control of the school by the Southern Baptist Convention. To this day, I don't understand the issues with the Southern Baptist Convention or the BAA, but there always seems to be drama behind the scenes.

Such a lying bag of excrement.

Hays: “What about the victim that came forward saying that she had personally sent you an email and Art Briles an email saying in the subject line that she was raped at Baylor. Did you ever see that email?”

Starr: “I honestly may have. I’m not denying that I saw it.”

This is one of three answers Starr will give to that question.

Starr: “All I’m going to say is I honestly have no recollection of that.”

Starr: “I honestly have no recollection of seeing such an email and I believe that I would remember seeing such an email. The president of a university gets lots of emails. I don’t even see a lot of the emails that come into the office of the president. I have no recollection. None.”

Instead of the Baker Mayfield crap that took the 3 days to figure out they should be kicking baylor out of the big 12. After watching ken Starr talk I think it is way worse than any of us know.