This Just Got Real

BU hired an independent investigator. BU performed a thorough investigation. BU gathered all the facts. And BU fired the President and Coach. It looks like all those that questioned the integrity of the University, and that it "sold its soul for wins" were wrong. This report must be not just bad, not just real bad, but criminal. They have to release the report.
No. Baylor would have hushed it up if they could have. But it was too extensive for that. No credit for this.

Reactions: Belldozer1
When I said Baylor did the right thing I meant in the context that they GOT RID OF BRILES TO. When most of us thought they would sacrifice someone else.

You are on a Longhorn site acting like you can call out Longhorns for anything you feel is an infraction. You would not talk to a man like that face to face so don't do it on here keyboard warrior. After what your crooked no good son of a b*&ch coach has done you don't have ANY moral authority to say another school has done anything wrong! When ou does something morally right then open that big ass mouth you got....until then shutup and go back to an ou board. I am sick of your know it all, fake tough guy acting ignorance.

If ou did a report on people Stoops has kept or taken that should not have been kept or taken then ou would be in the news just like Baylor. It just has not blown up in his face YET.

It would be interesting if someone @ the Big 12 media asked Stoops about the Briles situation. Then they followed with a question about Mixon's vicious punch to the face of the girl. Stoops = Briles.

No. Baylor would have hushed it up if they could have. But it was too extensive for that. No credit for this.
True. That said, they did not seem to pull any punches with their final conclusion, effectively admitting institutional culpability and firing Starr and Briles. The fallout from the lawsuits will likely cost them a bundle. It will be interesting to see what went on behind the scenes and I look forward to the eventual Texas Monthly post mortem.

Oh, and f&^* Ken Starr, couldnt have happened to a more deserving wad of douche.

Hook 'em

It would be interesting if someone @ the Big 12 media asked Stoops about the Briles situation. Then they followed with a question about Mixon's vicious punch to the face of the girl. Stoops = Briles.
I would love to hear the answer to that question. You are right they are the same.

I would love to hear the answer to that question. You are right they are the same.
It won't get asked right now. Right now the fire is burning so hot and bright on Baylor that nobody wants to go anywhere near it for fear of getting singed. As far as Mixon is concerned, he should send Baylor a Christmas card. They just provided him with 9 months worth of headlines NOT titled Joe Mixon.

Reactions: swVAHorn
I would love to hear the answer to that question. You are right (Briles and Stoops) are the same.
When big money is involved, we all get to see your true character. What will you do or say, to keep that gravy train coming? What will you not do or say? How will you let it shape your stances?

Be strong, gentlemen. Be strong!

Which is exactly why I give them credit. Because there is nothing BU can do to convince people like you that they are acting in a thorough and responsible manner. The easy thing to do was stonewall. Instead, they did the right thing for BU, not what will please TX1972. Just my 2 cents.

I was reading on Hornsports that the report is also talking about cars and money to players. I cant believe all that was going on and no " smoke"that I was aware of before now.

The difference between Briles and Stoops? Briles operated in the cloak of darkness. Stoops is out in the open for all to see - come on in Mixon and DGB - we embrace you. I just watched "300" last night. I love how the Greeks operated as 1, holding up their shields in certain formations to fend off the arrows. That is Sooner nation - they know how to operate as one and defend against the attack.

The difference between Briles and Stoops? Briles operated in the cloak of darkness. Stoops is out in the open for all to see - come on in Mixon and DGB - we embrace you. I just watched "300" last night. I love how the Greeks operated as 1, holding up their shields in certain formations to fend off the arrows. That is Sooner nation - they know how to operate as one and defend against the attack.
ou has been dirty cheaters and thugs for its entire existence and that is the reason they are so good at defending it. Baylor is new to the cheating dirty thug mentality and it bit them in the butt.

I will give you credit diadevic....you did exactly what some of us Texas fans would have done....you said "if he is guilty he should be gone" and I know some of us said to you that he is guilty or he should be fired for being stupid BUT I think any fanbase would say innocent until proven guilty when it comes down to it. If this ever happens I hope Texas will do the right thing and protect our girls. Nothing gets me riled quite like a man harming a woman in ANY way. The father of the girl who got KO'd by Mixon is a better man than me, because I would have already put that sob in the ground and be serving time.

In response to many of us saying that BU gets no "integrity credit" for responding to a scandal:
Which is exactly why I give them credit. Because there is nothing BU can do to convince people like you that they are acting in a thorough and responsible manner. The easy thing to do was stonewall. Instead, they did the right thing for BU, not what will please TX1972. Just my 2 cents.
Wow. Just wow. For about a minute I was speechless.

Guilty coaches are still on the staff, which any reading of the Pepper Hamilton report would show! That likely includes the interim HC, given his statements in 2014 and 2015 about Sam Ukwuachu, and their timing.

That's far from a thorough, responsible response.

Stonewalling was easy?! You live in a fantasy land, brother.

My prayers for Baylor during this time, but they aren't done cleaning house.

I was reading on Hornsports that the report is also talking about cars and money to players. I cant believe all that was going on and no " smoke"that I was aware of before now.

Oh man, they are really really going to get nailed...knew Baylor was dirty but not to this extent.

Makes sense to make them relevant.....nobody ever wanted to go to Baylor to play football it was a joke. Karma comes back around and you will pay for what you did.

Hook 'Em

Makes sense to make them relevant.....nobody ever wanted to go to Baylor to play football it was a joke. Karma comes back around and you will pay for what you did.

Hook 'Em

While I have no doubt that they have recruiting skeletons in their closet, the initial stars that made them relevant were all players no one else really wanted.

In response to many of us saying that BU gets no "integrity credit" for responding to a scandal:

Guilty coaches are still on the staff, which any reading of the Pepper Hamilton report would show! That likely includes the interim HC, given his statements in 2014 and 2015 about Sam Ukwuachu, and their timing.

You raise valid points, and I agree with the fact that they aren't finished cleaning house. How does Starr still have a job? How is Bennett there? And the "coaches" that met with the victims - so far only one coach has been fired. There's at least one more coach involved (and maybe every single one of them). But I don't see how you discount the drastic step of firing the most important figure in recent Baylor history.

You can probably add improper benefits to Baylor's mess if people keep digging. There are rumors that Pepper Hamilton found proof of that as well.

Baylor Recruiting ... not so great

Nahlin -Kendall briles was already done but I'm really looking forward to seeing the recruiting infractions piano dropped squarely on his head.

Some aren't rumors so much as facts slow to reach the surface.

"Everyone saw that one coming with Kendal and that recruitment (Cannon)." - CFB coach

DBDA00F7-39AD-4BC7-87E8-7284C08AF642-9709-000006091437BDEB_zps8a32aeed.jpg

OrangeBloods says numerous recruits and current players are looking for a way out.

One recruit in particular has already sent a request to the NCAA to void his LOI and another current player is looking to transfer to UT or a few other schools.

The coaches are still there to try to keep the NCAA from giving all players an immediate release.

While I have no doubt that they have recruiting skeletons in their closet, the initial stars that made them relevant were all players no one else really wanted.

Na man....just look at all the posts above this one and you will see how baylor did it. Like I said always been irrelevant till you start doing dirty things. And what about smu?

The coaches are still there to try to keep the NCAA from giving all players an immediate release.
Why would keeping most of the current staff keep the NCAA from releasing them? Is there a rule? I really don't know of one.

Na man....just look at all the posts above this one and you will see how baylor did it. Like I said always been irrelevant till you start doing dirty things. And what about smu?

They've probably paid for KD Cannon and some of the more recent high profile guys, but the guys who put Baylor on the map no one wanted. Terrance Williams, RGIII, Florence, Petty, or Kendall Wright. Those guys were free for anyone.

You raise valid points, and I agree with the fact that they aren't finished cleaning house. How does Starr still have a job? How is Bennett there? And the "coaches" that met with the victims - so far only one coach has been fired. There's at least one more coach involved (and maybe every single one of them). But I don't see how you discount the drastic step of firing the most important figure in recent Baylor history.
No, I'm not discounting that at all. Along with BBR and just about everyone, I expected BU to protect Briles. But that was before the report hit the fan.

You said, "...I give [BU] credit. ... there is nothing BU can do to convince [rivals' fans] that they are acting in a thorough and responsible manner. ... [BU] did the right thing..."

That suggests that BU responded thoroughly and responsibly, in doing the right thing. I'm saying no, not yet they haven't. Clearly, you agree on that much, regarding Starr and whichever coach(es) are culpable.

And the county and/or state needs to deal with the Waco PD.

They've probably paid for KD Cannon and some of the more recent high profile guys, but the guys who put Baylor on the map no one wanted. Terrance Williams, RGIII, Florence, Petty, or Kendall Wright. Those guys were free for anyone.

Do some more research Griffin had offers and was a 4 star Kendall was 3 but had offers many places Williams was a steal being a 2 star. And the rest you named like the qbs were definitely diamonds in the rough. So I will agree to disagree on some things. And dont act like success happened over night.

I hope it aint so, but if all this bad comes out with proof, what is the chance of the death penalty?

I was mainly speaking of them becoming relevant, not them becoming powerhouse. They weren't elite with RGIII but that is who put them on the map. Most of Baylor's stars weren't high profile recruits. RGIII was highly rated athlete but no one offered him a ship as a QB except Briles. That's been well publicized. I wasn't trying to say success happened overnight. My point was to counter your point that teams don't just become relevant like that without cheating which I disagreed with. Baylor became relevant on the back of a great offensive mind (despicable human being) and a lot of stud players that no one else wanted. I don't think they paid for those guys, maybe the did, but the didn't need to because they didn't have many other options.

Now when you get into Seastrunk and Cannon and the likes I agree they likely have something to hide, but they were already relevant before those guys.

It could also be a situation where the players received monetary benefits while on campus, and not necessarily in the recruiting process.

I feel really bad for the girls in this story.

And also really bad for the new BU players who didn't get to enjoy the rape culture that they signed on for.;)

But really, the rest of the staff has to go. Applaud BU for finally stepping up and doing what they had to. I'd move on from the whole staff and either hire a young offensive mind....say like Chad Morris, Lincoln Riley, Jeff Brohm. Or just wash the whole thing away and target Mike Singletary.

I was mainly speaking of them becoming relevant, not them becoming powerhouse. They weren't elite with RGIII but that is who put them on the map. Most of Baylor's stars weren't high profile recruits. RGIII was highly rated athlete but no one offered him a ship as a QB except Briles. That's been well publicized. I wasn't trying to say success happened overnight. My point was to counter your point that teams don't just become relevant like that without cheating which I disagreed with. Baylor became relevant on the back of a great offensive mind (despicable human being) and a lot of stud players that no one else wanted. I don't think they paid for those guys, maybe the did, but the didn't need to because they didn't have many other options.

Now when you get into Seastrunk and Cannon and the likes I agree they likely have something to hide, but they were already relevant before those guys.

It could also be a situation where the players received monetary benefits while on campus, and not necessarily in the recruiting process.

You're right he did turn the program around, been there 8 years. But he did have skins on his wall before coming to Baylor. So I will give him credit for that. But we will see what comes of all of his. Definitely can say rg3 wasn't paid but after that I would assume some where.

The thing I want to know is . . . 'who else in Waco knew about this and also did nothing?' University people, police people, government people?

Me thinks there are some others big wigs in Waco who are cuurently sitting alone at a bar sipping their Scotch and staring off into the abyss! :rolleyes:

Have a hard time thinking Baylor will receive the death penalty if it wasn't imposed on Penn State.
The NCAA is gun-shy right now, after Sandusky and Paterno. They were burnt after taking JoePa's wins away, etc., and then giving them back. Coaches and others felt they overreached.

You could argue that Briles' misdeeds did give Baylor a recruiting advantage, whereas JoePa's clearly didn't. However, the NCAA is still going to stay away from punishing Baylor based on what's been revealed so far.

Recruiting violations dirt could be uncovered, in Waco. That could force the NCAA's hand. Their focus is elsewhere right now, though.

Have a hard time thinking Baylor will receive the death penalty if it wasn't imposed on Penn State.

The issue with Penn St and Baylor is these are crimes and outside the NCAA's purview.

If all the PEDs, money, no going to classes, and other allocations are true then the NCAA can act.

It's like they know they are circling the bottom of the bowl but are going to cling to the side of that toilet as long as they can. Briles and Baylor are as slimy as it gets.

Have Baylor fans started demanding a full release of the Pepper Hamilton report so they can clear Coach Briles?

Per Higs:

"as many as six 2016, Baylor commitments have requested for Baylor to let them out of their National Letter of Intent. As it stands right now, it would appear that Baylor is attempting/wanting/trying to stand their ground and not let these kids out of the signed contract.

I for the life of me cant imagine why or what grounds Baylor would try and stand in their way based on everything that has transpired in recent weeks. The plot thickens my friends. I did not imagine or anticipate Baylor taking a stance on this matter but from what I am told that is their plan as of this moment. I don’t know what kind of pressure they will get from the familes/kids or the NCAA but time will tell. I do not think this will end well for Baylor by any means……."