This Just Got Real

What if I told you the Branch Davidian's weren't the only people in Waco who got the shaft?
Espn 30 for 30 presents- "The Art of Rape".

What if I told you that green wasn't just the color of a super hero and gold wasn't just used for teeth grills?
Espn 30 for 30 presents- "Baylor Smash!".

What if you knew there was a small town in the heart of Texas where you could shoot all the bikers and rape all the women you wanted, and nobody cared?

Espn 30 for 30 presents- "The Baptist PD".

I am interested to see which school takes Briles next. He is a top 5 coach. Somebody will sell their soul.

Baylor did the right thing, everyone should give them a beak going forward. There fans must be heart broken. Kind of sad. But winning is not everything.
Nah, Starr went scorched Earth on them and they had no choice but to fire Briles. Obviously they were ready to let Starr be the fall guy. I don't give them any credit. This was long over due. The report is beyond bad.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
What if I told you the Branch Davidian's weren't the only people in Waco who got the shaft?
Espn 30 for 30 presents- "The Art of Rape".

What if I told you that green wasn't just the color of a super hero and gold wasn't just used for teeth grills?
Espn 30 for 30 presents- "Baylor Smash!".

What if you knew there was a small town in the heart of Texas where you could shoot all the bikers and rape all the women you wanted, and nobody cared?

Espn 30 for 30 presents- "The Baptist PD".

That first one is gold.

Very poor reasoning.

Just because they fired the pres. and a winning coach doesn't mean that BU is blameless, with integrity and soul "intact". This just shows the opposite is true. This is 2003, all over again. Baylor just responded to bad press. This threatened enrollment. That's why there was an independent investigator in the first place. Their hand was forced.

I agree with you about releasing the report. BU should stop hiding by being a private school. The finances of universities ought to be public, too.

And it's desserts, BBR. Someone with that many degrees (?) ought to catch that.
I agree with HRU on this man. You can't give credit because they were forced to do something they were sweeping under the rug. This has been going on since 2009. If they did their investigation back then we wouldn't even be having this conversation!

Nah, Starr went scorched Earth on them and they had no choice but to fire Briles. Obviously they were ready to let Starr be the fall guy. I don't give them any credit. This was long over due. The report is beyond bad.
I haven't read the report, so i should hold off on saying they did the right thing. I just didn't see anyway possible Briles would be fired. In my mind, he is the program. More important to Baylor's success than Saban to Alabama's. Are they still a legit P5 team in 2 years without Briles. He is very good. What a POS.

BU hired an independent investigator. BU performed a thorough investigation. BU gathered all the facts. And BU fired the President and Coach. It looks like all those that questioned the integrity of the University, and that it "sold its soul for wins" were wrong. This report must be not just bad, not just real bad, but criminal. They have to release the report.

NO no. The school still buried this for a while. Plenty were complicite. And when it was pointed out, they turned their head. It took a while and a few more stories. And some digging by other sources, for BU to finally do the right thing.

I applaud them for finally doing it. The way it was going, I didn't think Briles would be fired. But the program did indeed sell its soul for wins during the Briles era. Just because they fired him, it doesn't erase the fact they essentially hired rapists to tote the rock and had school officials blaming the girls when more rape happened.

And they did little to nothing to these players and even took their time, trying to find a way to keep Briles. The story was just that bad and kept getting worse. And they tried to have Starr be the fall guy.....but he wasn't going for it. Rightfully Briles is and should be the fall guy.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Wow! I am amazed. It was originally "just deserts," and the pun was "just desserts." The earlier version makes zero sense (to me), but expressions don't always make sense.

In the 20th century, "desserts" overtook "deserts."

Well done, sir.

As for Briles, I didn't expect Baylor to have the guts to fire him. I'll give BU that much credit. But giving them kudos is like commending Hillary for revealing emails (or Trump for helping out veterans). They did it while under duress.

Press conference describing it as "toxic." Phil Bennett is interim coach, Kendall Briles still on staff as of right now.

Sorry. But while Art is the fall guy. Plenty more on that staff were complicit. I'd clean house. IMMEDIATELY.

You don't do just enough to say "hey we finally did something, so stop looking in to us". You remove all of the cancer immediately. This isn't just some minor thing. Its a story about rape, cover ups, coaches recruiting kids with issues and then not disciplining them when they continued to break laws/rules. And on and on.

And its sad. Sad for the girls. Sad for current players who weren't taking place in the lax culture and really wanted to play ball there. And sad for fans. I prefer to see a good BU on the field. I don't want them to suck again. But you can't forfeit integrity for wins either. This is the result.

But you have to fire the whole staff. At least every member who was complicit here. And with so many kids, having so many police cases. I have a hard time believing that staff members didn't know about it. And if they knew, they all did nothing. Thats at best. At worst, some of them were coercing police and BU rape counselors to bury this stuff. Gotta GO.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Bruce Feldman

‎@BruceFeldmanCFB

AWFUL: Baylor coaching staff "conducted their own untrained internal inquiries, outside of policy which improperly discredited complainants"

12:15 PM - 26 May 2016

Capture_zpssqbvm3o2.jpg

All I got to say is, I knew all along Briles was a snake. I've been sayin it right here for a long time. Even had Horn fans here disagree with me, and tell me he's a good guy.

Diadevic, don't be too quick with your praise of Baylor. This crap went on too long with them doing nothing for the rape victims. If this hadn't become a public shitstorm, it would probably be business as usual. Congrats on finally doing the right thing, but their hand was forced.

Wow you are s-l-o-w aren't you? You are definitely an idiot if you think I would play into your games. Go eat your bag of dicks in the corner.
It only seems wrong because you're missing some toes ...and teeth

Guys, come on. Stop your petty feud with each other. Keep the thread on topic and stop with the nonsense.

All I got to say is, I knew all along Briles was a snake. I've been sayin it right here for a long time. Even had Horn fans here disagree with me, and tell me he's a good guy.

Diadevic, don't be too quick with your praise of Baylor. This crap went on too long with them doing nothing for the rape victims. If this hadn't become a public shitstorm, it would probably be business as usual. Congrats on finally doing the right thing, but their hand was forced.
I will agree-- you were not an Art fan as long as I've been on here.

Sorry. But while Art is the fall guy. Plenty more on that staff were complicit. I'd clean house. IMMEDIATELY.

You don't do just enough to say "hey we finally did something, so stop looking in to us". You remove all of the cancer immediately. This isn't just some minor thing. Its a story about rape, cover ups, coaches recruiting kids with issues and then not disciplining them when they continued to break laws/rules. And on and on.
It's hard to know who is complicit, without that report being released. Where did the pressure originate, to keep things quiet / unpunished? Who on the football staff did what? Was pressure exerted on the Waco PD, and how far did that go? What all accounted for the incredibly light sentence of DE Sam Ukwuachu? Was there jury tampering? Who all in the Waco PD needs to go?

It's sad that Briles had to be fired, since it's definitely sad about the girls. (Without them being abused, no one would need to be fired.) Anyone behind the silencing of the defiled lambs needs to go, without any parachute. There ought to be civil claims against them, at least.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the report has already been released.

Cliff notes: Art Briles is a lying cheating scumbag piece of shit snake that would make Hitler say, "dude, you're an asshole."

It's hard to know who is complicit, without that report being released. Where did the pressure originate, to keep things quiet / unpunished? Who on the football staff did what? Was pressure exerted on the Waco PD, and how far did that go? What all accounted for the incredibly light sentence of DE Sam Ukwuachu? Was there jury tampering? Who all in the Waco PD needs to go?

It's sad that Briles had to be fired, since it's definitely sad about the girls. Anyone behind the silencing of the defiled lambs needs to go, without any parachute. There ought to be civil claims against them, at least.
I would be extremely shocked if there aren't at least a handful of civil claims against Baylor, Waco PD, Briles and anyone else associated with the coverups. Especially those coaches and staff who met with complainants to discourage them from filing. Those are the real scum of the earth to me. By discouraging someone from filing, you are essentially saying that the wins that this football team might get because of this player are way more important than your life that has been shaken and the education that is definitely affected because of these events. If the report states which individuals met with the complainants, all of those people should be fired immediately and be sued for everything they have.

I am interested to see which school takes Briles next. He is a top 5 coach. Somebody will sell their soul.

Baylor did the right thing, everyone should give them a beak going forward. There fans must be heart broken. Kind of sad. But winning is not everything.
Any NFL openings? It'd be interesting to see someone coach at all levels, even if you don't exactly admire Briles. The NFL doesn't care about morals, much, unless it hurts the bottom line.

Any NFL openings? It'd be interesting to see someone coach at all levels, even if you don't exactly admire Briles. The NFL doesn't care about morals, much, unless it hurts the bottom line.
The NFL doesn't care because adults watching NFL don't care. Just like everyone forgot about Vick killing dogs for a living, Raven fans not carrying about Mike lite (Ray Rice) knocking his chic out, AP beating his child and let's not forget ole Ray Lewis. Fans forget so the NFL keeps playing them.

Reactions: HornsRuleU
This wouldn't deter the NFL, but his system not really translating to the NFL probably does.

[

While I strongly disagree with your assessment that the hand was forced, I will admit your consistency. From my viewpoint --- there are several posting on here that agree with you, and a ton in the general populace - BU only acted because of pressure, not out of any obligation to do the right thing. There is nothing BU can do to convince you otherwise. So my view is tell the public to bite the big one. UNLESS you are presented with a report that leaves no doubt as to culpability.

Regardless - Bennett as the interim HC? He was the DC who created the firestorm last year by saying that he expected Sam U to be on the field for the coming season. How can he say that, and still be there? If we want a fresh start, get rid of everyone. The ship is sunk -- build a new ship, don't try to salvage the old one.

The problem with the Pepper Hamilton report -- at least the version leaked on Scribd -- is that it doesn't name names. It's all "football coaches and staff" or "football coaches and athletic leadership."

And a lot of the problem at Baylor had nothing to do with the football program. Their rules on alcohol, drugs and extra-marital sex complicated the reporting of rape and sexual harassment. Those tasked with leadership of investigating had full-time duties elsewhere -- the Title IX stuff was an add-on.

It's going to be hard to use that report against any individual.

Last edited:
If true, hope Baylor fan enjoyed their 15 minutes because you know what coming next. OU could sure use some of those receivers they have.
I HATE when people use the "so you are a Christian?" as if though a Christian could not possibly do something sinful. News for you douche is ALL of us fall short every day. I am a Christian and I am a sinner.......I am still loved by God. I wonder if some people have ever really opened a Bible and read it.... If you think to be called a Christian you have to be perfect and Holy in everything you do or say then you have been mislead. No one is perfect and no one should claim to be. Now get back on the topic and grow up.

Baylor did the right thing and I am shocked to say the least. If Briles knew as much as we think he did then he is a disgusting human being. Just like that punk Stoops.

I HATE when people use the "so you are a Christian?" as if though a Christian could not possibly do something sinful. News for you douche is ALL of us fall short every day. I am a Christian and I am a sinner.......I am still loved by God. I wonder if some people have ever really opened a Bible and read it.... If you think to be called a Christian you have to be perfect and Holy in everything you do or say then you have been mislead. No one is perfect and no one should claim to be. Now get back on the topic and grow up.

Baylor did the right thing and I am shocked to say the least. If Briles knew as much as we think he did then he is a disgusting human being. Just like that punk Stoops.
wtf are you even talking about? Are you referring to Robococks going off about Baylor not handling themselves like he thinks a Christian should and tgen in the same breath telling me to eat a dick? Youre not a mod, MM handled things just fine so shut your pie hole. No Baylor didn't do the right thing, if so it wouldn't have gotten this far. You are wrong

wtf are you even talking about? Are you referring to Robococks going off about Baylor not handling themselves like he thinks a Christian should and tgen in the same breath telling me to eat a dick? Youre not a mod, MM handled things just fine so shut your pie hole. No Baylor didn't do the right thing, if so it wouldn't have gotten this far. You are wrong
When I said Baylor did the right thing I meant in the context that they GOT RID OF BRILES TO. When most of us thought they would sacrifice someone else.

You are on a Longhorn site acting like you can call out Longhorns for anything you feel is an infraction. You would not talk to a man like that face to face so don't do it on here keyboard warrior. After what your crooked no good son of a b*&ch coach has done you don't have ANY moral authority to say another school has done anything wrong! When ou does something morally right then open that big ass mouth you got....until then shutup and go back to an ou board. I am sick of your know it all, fake tough guy acting ignorance.

If ou did a report on people Stoops has kept or taken that should not have been kept or taken then ou would be in the news just like Baylor. It just has not blown up in his face YET.

Last edited: