This Just Got Real

BU hired an independent investigator. BU performed a thorough investigation. BU gathered all the facts. And BU fired the President and Coach. It looks like all those that questioned the integrity of the University, and that it "sold its soul for wins" were wrong. This report must be not just bad, not just real bad, but criminal. They have to release the report.
I was wrong about Baylor University. I admit it and I stand corrected. Good for Baylor. Respect restored.

Art Briles is and was a POS human being though. I stand by that.

Reactions: swVAHorn
As a fan of football this saddens me that schools, board members, donors, students, fans, players, and people in general would let the product on the field become more important than morals.

Glad Baylor made the right move.

The right thing was done (firing Art) I don't care how good your football team has been. I'd say that for UT as well if this crap happened.

I was wrong about Baylor University. I admit it and I stand corrected. Good for Baylor. Respect restored.

I've got to hand it to you - you are consistent. Let transfer season begin.

And - to all you haters - it looks like our AD knew what he was doing when he scheduled Mary Hardin Baylor and Incarnate Word. We're going to need those wins the next few years.

Reactions: Scholz
If RealBear doesn't suck down a box of rat poison over this, will he eventually come over here to blame Texas for Art's rapist scholarship program, or will he stick to his own boards?

Reactions: LongfellowDrew

What were the alternatives really? They are releasing a formal criminal report. Baylor admins and fans sold their soul to the devil until the end.

Tweets from a BU player.

People lose all their morals when its money involved..

— 1⃣ (@tyoung_01) May 26, 2016
It's a scandalous time in Waco Texas...lets just get to the season

Will forever love coach Briles,..he changed my life thank you coach

I don't think I can play Baylor football without having my headcoach back leading the charge coach Briles did everything by the books!!!

You don't turn your back on your leader when things get ugly

I'm not playing til we get @CoachArtBriles back

He fought for me...Why not fight for him?

Smhhhhh bro

— jawwdannnn® (@_GetHitt44_) May 26, 2016
WOWWWWWW BROOOOO

— Raaquan Davis (@RDavis_BU) May 26, 2016
And for all the drama you can find at any school.. We still gonna be on top. We know y'all want us to fail so bad. But God got us so fr!

— RR9. (@iamryanreid) May 26, 2016
Injustice

— Andrew Morris (@Andrew_Morris91) May 26, 2016

And - to all you haters - it looks like our AD knew what he was doing when he scheduled Mary Hardin Baylor and Incarnate Word. We're going to need those wins the next few years.

I didn't mean to laugh...but I laughed.

I have nothing but contempt for Art Briles as a human being and am glad to see him get his just deserts, but I'm sorry that you have to suffer for all of this too, diadevic.

Reactions: diadevic
BU hired an independent investigator. BU performed a thorough investigation. BU gathered all the facts. And BU fired the President and Coach. It looks like all those that questioned the integrity of the University, and that it "sold its soul for wins" were wrong. This report must be not just bad, not just real bad, but criminal. They have to release the report.
Very poor reasoning.

Just because they fired the pres. and a winning coach doesn't mean that BU is blameless, with integrity and soul "intact". This just shows the opposite is true. This is 2003, all over again. Baylor just responded to bad press. This threatened enrollment. That's why there was an independent investigator in the first place. Their hand was forced.

I agree with you about releasing the report. BU should stop hiding by being a private school. The finances of universities ought to be public, too.

And it's desserts, BBR. Someone with that many degrees (?) ought to catch that.

Last edited:
Reactions: jsto60
Holy fvck balls! Sooooo did Starr throw Briles under the bus? I'm sitting in a meeting with a bunch of bankers and trying to stay engaged with this story----

Holy fvck balls! Sooooo did Starr throw Briles under the bus? I'm sitting in a meeting with a bunch of bankers and trying to stay engaged with this story----
I think Starr basically said if you fire me you better fire this dude too or else

I think Starr might get to keep his job

But who knows

Starr is being promoted to Chancellor-----

WTF?????????????????????

I bet Briles is kicking himself in the ass for not jumping at the UT coaching vacancy the other yr. HA! Couldn't have happen to a more deserving asshat!

I am interested to see which school takes Briles next. He is a top 5 coach. Somebody will sell their soul.

Baylor did the right thing, everyone should give them a beak going forward. There fans must be heart broken. Kind of sad. But winning is not everything.

Reactions: Belldozer1
man...I know they already have an interim set up, but I wonder if BU is already contacting Chad Morris

Don't confuse yourself with your trailer park kinfolk
Your reading comprehension skills appear to be lacking as well, numb nuts, I'm very clearly referring to you missing toes and teeth and apparently a few chromosomes. Stop while you're behind, mouth breather.

I am interested to see which school takes Briles next. He is a top 5 coach. Somebody will sell their soul.

Baylor did the right thing, everyone should give them a beak going forward. There fans must be heart broken. Kind of sad. But winning is not everything.
Baylor did the only thing they could do or face a lynching by the public and media.

Your reading comprehension skills appear to be lacking as well, numb nuts, I'm very clearly referring to you missing toes and teeth and apparently a few chromosomes. Stop while you're behind, mouth breather.

Wow you are s-l-o-w aren't you? You are definitely an idiot if you think I would play into your games. Go eat your bag of dicks in the corner.