This Just Got Real

In summary -- yes. When I was there, there were big fights over control of the school by the Southern Baptist Convention. To this day, I don't understand the issues with the Southern Baptist Convention or the BAA, but there always seems to be drama behind the scenes.

Thanks. I had a sense that a fair amount of drama was the norm, but I don't know about the politics at Baylor in any great detail.

Thanks. I had a sense that a fair amount of drama was the norm, but I don't know about the politics at Baylor in any great detail.

My uncle was president of the BAA. He told the infighting has been going on for years. Heck there a guaranteed once a year story in Texas Monthly about infighting at Baylor. The evangelicals have tried to wrestle control of the school for years.

In summary -- yes. When I was there, there were big fights over control of the school by the Southern Baptist Convention. To this day, I don't understand the issues with the Southern Baptist Convention or the BAA, but there always seems to be drama behind the scenes.

Diadevic were you at Baylor when the Baylor drug store was around? My uncle owned that store before he sold it back in the eighties. At one time he was president of the BAA. I know he'd have been very upset if he was around to see this.

I just read a write up about Cobb trying to get out of his LOI. The father said they knew nothing about the storm that swept Briles out of the Coaching job, and my first reaction was "Bullsh*t"...but then I started thinking...the guy is from Waco after all and the last place to find out anything about the disgrace at Baylor would be from the Waco media....yeah, that kid deserves a pass.

Don't know if this was mentioned before, but there are rumors that OTL is going to drop another H-bomb in the form of a story about a gang rape by Baylor football players. Take a close look at the first excerpted sentence from the summary of the PH report if you haven't seen it yet:

Screenshot_2016-06-03-21-51-20-1_zpsn6w5nv5k.png

Also, if you want to see another Baylor-affiliated piece-of-shit human being's reaction to possible entirely legitimate reporting that may be forthcoming, allow me to introduce you to Ashley Hodge of Bears247 (the same turd with eyes that insinuated that Sam U.'s victim was a slut right just minutes after news of his conviction broke):

28l8d2o.jpg

Diadevic were you at Baylor when the Baylor drug store was around? My uncle owned that store before he sold it back in the eighties. At one time he was president of the BAA. I know he'd have been very upset if he was around to see this.
If you are talking about the one right across from campus on 5th street -- they tore it down my sophomore year. Ironically, I bought Van Halen's Running with the Devil from the $1 pile of albums there.

If you are talking about the one right across from campus on 5th street -- they tore it down my sophomore year. Ironically, I bought Van Halen's Running with the Devil from the $1 pile of albums there.

That's the one. The man that owned that was Roger Edens and he was my great uncle. At one time he was President of the BAA, and let me tell ya he bled Baylor green. Did you know who he was?

Such a lying bag of excrement.

Hays: “What about the victim that came forward saying that she had personally sent you an email and Art Briles an email saying in the subject line that she was raped at Baylor. Did you ever see that email?”

Starr: “I honestly may have. I’m not denying that I saw it.”

This is one of three answers Starr will give to that question.

Starr: “All I’m going to say is I honestly have no recollection of that.”

Starr: “I honestly have no recollection of seeing such an email and I believe that I would remember seeing such an email. The president of a university gets lots of emails. I don’t even see a lot of the emails that come into the office of the president. I have no recollection. None.”

I guess it depends on what the definition of "saw" is...?

That's the one. The man that owned that was Roger Edens and he was my great uncle. At one time he was President of the BAA, and let me tell ya he bled Baylor green. Did you know who he was?
No - didn't know him. But I visited that store a lot - right across from the business school. Needed that Jolt Cola (if you are old enough to remember those) to stay awake.

Scholz, that's just damning.

Couple that with the fact that this kids father is active duty military and an officer--- and now it looks like Baylor not only is stalling, but disrespecting military family members. Not a good look.

They've past the point of dumpster fire about 4 exits down the freeway.

They can't release it. That have to worry about surviving the lawsuits. We always knew if there was anything damning in there it was going to be kept secret.

Stuff will leak, and this will drag out. Baylor is not doing themselves any favors in trying to salvage the 2016 season with the coaching staff. Something is going to come out implicating another coach, and Baylor once again will be caught with the hand in the cookie jar for sacrificing morals for wins.

Admittedly they've made big changes. The HC, AD and Pres are all gone due to this scandal. Keeping the rest of the entire coaching staff that was involved in the coverups in place though is pretty transparent. As is not releasing any of the players. It's still all about the football team.

I read that Bobby Burton on 24/7 has said the recruitment of Durveny was dirty. The coaches made one more than the allowed visits or some such. It was at a track meet where the brother wasnt there, so his LOI went in. They were getting around the illegal by not turning in the LOI....Not even surprising if true.

the next thing we should hear out of the big 12 is that Baylor has been kicked out. Lets see if money overcomes morals and the extent of covering up gang rape is acceptable to the Big 12 presidents. If they do not kick out Baylor then I could care less what happens to this conference.

Reactions: frankstare
Kicked out of the Big 12.....hell, they need to be worried about losing accreditation as a University....it is that bad.

Kicked out of the Big 12.....hell, they need to be worried about losing accreditation as a University....it is that bad.
yea,,, that too. I cannot imagine the lawsuits and people that are about to come out of the woodwork . That full page ad for ken starr shows that baylor alum do not care about protecting women at baylor......plus Art Briles should be in jail.

That full page ad for Ken Starr was stomach turning. Good gravy. Unreal. :eek:

Baylor won't be releasing the full Pepper Hamilton report. Shocker.
They say the report was an "oral presentation" and that the summary report that was released was based on the full oral presentation. If this is true, which seems odd that a law firm would not have a written record, there may not be a document that could leak. There could be bits and pieces that come out as "rumors". Still so many questions.

They say the report was an "oral presentation" and that the summary report that was released was based on the full oral presentation. If this is true, which seems odd that a law firm would not have a written record, there may not be a document that could leak. There could be bits and pieces that come out as "rumors". Still so many questions.
This has many of the BU alums livid. We paid how much for an oral presentation? We all want to see the full report. I understand the university protecting itself, but that ship sailed when the chairman of the BOR says the report is "toxic" and "horrific." The imagination can be worse than the real thing when this statement is introduced at trial.

I'd wager there was a recording made or a stenographer on hand taking notes.

In compliance matters actually giving a written report to the client is rare unless it clears the client of any and all wrong doings. The head of Baylor's legal dept. likely has a vague summary brief and that is it. The purpose being to protect all findings under attorney client privilege and to minimize the risk of a written copy getting leaked.

Reactions: diadevic
Joe Schad

BREAKING: Former Baylor student Dolores Lozano says Devin Chafin assaulted her, Art Briles and Jeff Lebby knew https://www.facebook.com/schadjoe/posts/10153719428447894 …

2:09 PM - 7 Jun 2016

Lozano says Chafin “slapped,” “kicked,” “slammed Lozano against the wall,” and “choked Lozano until she lost feeling in her body.”

2:13 PM - 7 Jun 2016

Read about how Dolores Lozano says she texted w a current Baylor assistant about an alleged assault. https://www.facebook.com/schadjoe/posts/10153719428447894 …

Lozano says Chafin told her Art Briles had been made aware of the alleged assaults and had told Chafin to “stay away” from Lozano.

2:15 PM - 7 Jun 2016

Lozano says she exchanged text messages with Jeff Lebby about the alleged incident, while trying to decide if she should go to Waco police.

Here is a photo provided to me by former Baylor student Dolores Lozano

CkXupIiUYAEV1dX.jpg

Current coaches weren't involved, huh, Baylor. o_O Disgusting. Turns out Jeff Lebby is a POS human being too and still on staff. I'm sure there are others including Kendal Briles and Phil Bennett. What the hell is wrong with the people in Waco? Is doing the right thing really that difficult? Rape U. Penn St level immorality, myopia and cover up from a small enclosed community (ongoing btw).

This is why you clean house. Why they want to get caught with their hand in the cookie jar again over guys like Bennett, Lebby, and snot nosed Briles is beyond me.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
smfh @ baylor..... cleaning house means getting rid of ALL the dead weiht and garbage.....

I predict that by the time this is done with, Baylor will be nothing but a ghost town condemned to rot in the cellar of athletics and possibly overall for what has gone on unchecked there..... especially with how they are dragging their feet and trying to salvage what they can for wins, silently praying that more info doesnt leak to damn others that slipped through the cracks.... but we see that is already happening.. If baylor has any dinity or self respect they will fire everyone in the football dept and look hard at the mens athletic dept overall in terms of cleaning house.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
smfh @ baylor..... cleaning house means getting rid of ALL the dead weiht and garbage.....

I predict that by the time this is done with, Baylor will be nothing but a ghost town condemned to rot in the cellar of athletics and possibly overall for what has gone on unchecked there..... especially with how they are dragging their feet and trying to salvage what they can for wins, silently praying that more info doesnt leak to damn others that slipped through the cracks.... but we see that is already happening.. If baylor has any dinity or self respect they will fire everyone in the football dept and look hard at the mens athletic dept overall in terms of cleaning house.
Seriously? BU fired the President, the AD and the Coach within a week of receiving the results of the independent investigator! Was this information new? This young lady was told by Chafin that "Art Briles had been made aware of the alleged assaults and had told Chafin to “stay away” from Lozano"? Great journalism Shad - not just hearsay, but double hearsay, all dependent on the veracity of a perpetrator of domestic violence. If Shad had any journalistic ability he'd produce the emails to and from Lebby - THAT is how you prove how bad the actions were by Briles/Lebby or whoever else was involved. This "journalism" is just a big pile on. And BTW - I agree - we are headed to the toilet never to emerge again. And BTW BTW - Lebby's wife is the one with the facebook rant that all of this is overblown.

Seriously? BU fired the President, the AD and the Coach within a week of receiving the results of the independent investigator! Was this information new? This young lady was told by Chafin that "Art Briles had been made aware of the alleged assaults and had told Chafin to “stay away” from Lozano"? Great journalism Shad - not just hearsay, but double hearsay, all dependent on the veracity of a perpetrator of domestic violence. If Shad had any journalistic ability he'd produce the emails to and from Lebby - THAT is how you prove how bad the actions were by Briles/Lebby or whoever else was involved. This "journalism" is just a big pile on. And BTW - I agree - we are headed to the toilet never to emerge again. And BTW BTW - Lebby's wife is the one with the facebook rant that all of this is overblown.
take one and relax....it will get worse before it gets better. It is sickening what we know...imagine what we don't know yet.

6359315547173915041954539918_Prozac-007.jpg

take one and relax....it will get worse before it gets better. It is sickening what we know...imagine what we don't know yet.

6359315547173915041954539918_Prozac-007.jpg
Madcow I am firmly convinced that BU Regents/Administration have totally botched this thing by not releasing the report. That's why I wish the young lady would release the texts so we CAN see how bad it is, or if, as Ms. Lebby claims, its overblown. I've said this before, but it cannot possibly be worse than what my mind is imagining (and I'm not talking about the rapes themselves, but the actions/inactions of the administration and athletic department). This board is but a small sample of what the rest of Texas and the country thinks about BU's culpability in this matter - but the thought is unanimous - BU harbored rapists and enabled the occurrence of rapes. If they release all information - guess what - if it verifies the thoughts are correct, then what harm is done? If its the opposite (regardless of how unlikely), then BU can begin rebuilding its reputation. But by keeping information secret - it makes the university look worse (and that is hard to do), and stains every employee who works for the university, some of whom have nothing to do with this sordid mess. I'll take 2 of those prozacs and a Michelob please.

Reactions: madcow12

Im sure the victim can verify the "heresay" aspect really fast. Ian McCaw was allowed to RESIGN and was NOT fired, Starr was reassigned and techniclly not fired... and briles was a whipping boy... but in reality the entire staff needed to go as does most of the mens side of the athletic dept...if you honestly think Baylor wasnt dragging their feet in all of this, and CONTINUE to drag their feet, then perhaps you are STILL trying to drink a little of the kool aide... there is a MAJOR reason the national media is roasting baylor on a regular basis over how they are handling this....

I know where you must be coming from bro, but you need to take of those baylor shades and see the light.... what has ocured to this point was NOTHING more than a way to placate the masses and try to safe face publicly. In reality Baylor should have axed EVERYONE across the board to purge the cancer that had been allowed to grow under Briles etc. Instead they have only done enough to keep public outrage from boiling over in an attempt at salvaging athletic relevance. And the more Baylor does this, the more it seems comes to light to make them look even dumber....

That "heresay" stuff you are downplaying comes with PICTURES and the victims account personally on twitter, and I am sure will get puled in to the bigger picture for all of this. You are a good guy but it is time you remove your blinders and see things for how they really are.... I know it sucks, but its the bed Baylor chose to make so now they get to deal with it.

I don't understand Baylor's thinking on this. Release everything and it will be on the back burner by the time the conventions roll around. This drip drip drip of bad news is going to keep this stuff fresh and on the front page.

Oh and fwiw - how do you know that the emails werent released for the investigation, or that they havent been released to Baylor in full... most journalists are smarter than to dump stuff like this without solid backup - especialy in these type of cases. Shemay have been one of the unnamed persons involved in all of this who finally went public since Baylor decided NOT to release the full reprt - which also makes them look terrible and liek they still have more to hide... the lawsuits are coming and that report WILL be used in them whether baylor wants it to or not.... Baylor is trying to slavage athletics at any costs in this when they should just clean house and start a fresh new chapter with coaches and admins that arent involved with cover ups...

Latest posts