This Just Got Real

Tren'davian Dickson has asked for a transfer. He will have to sit a year since he was enrolled at Baylor and his transfer will almost certainly have restrictions. Baylor is losing so much young talent right now. They will have a hard time restocking young talent as well as I'm sure recruiting will take a major hit for at least several years depending on how everything ends up.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...shman-wr-trendavian-dickson-requests-transfer

That guy Jim Grobe is doing a terrible job at getting these kids to stay at Baylor for at least a year.

I agree with whoever mentioned Mack would have been a good fit at Baylor right now. Those players are in need of some orange slices and a hug from grandpa right now. Oh and someone who can beg tgem not to jump ship

Look, Baylor is screwed either way--- if they release the players, they won't be able to field a decent team. If they don't release them, they get lambasted in the media for not releasing them and then will have to cave to the public pressure. Either way, they screwed. My prediction for us just went from 6-6 to 7-5.

Look, Baylor is screwed either way--- if they release the players, they won't be able to field a decent team. If they don't release them, they get lambasted in the media for not releasing them and then will have to cave to the public pressure. Either way, they screwed. My prediction for us just went from 6-6 to 7-5.

Everyone seems to be saying that the 2016 guys will be released from LOIs eventually, either by Baylor or the NCAA. Everyday that goes by, BU looks worse in terms of their treatment of these players and their desire to try to salvage a football program instead of doing what they can to make things right. Even if not released, the outspoken families have said that everyone is on the same page and will not go to BU no matter what. In about 4 weeks, Baylor will have this scandal plastered all over the news once again when the NCAA is forced to step in and release these players.

In terms of existing players, things are less clear. Granting full releases seems to be the best thing for the players that want to leave but I don't think there will be as much public outcry if BU makes the players stick to the traditional transfer process with Big12 restrictions and sitting out 1 year. Really is unfortunate for the players though.

This program has a lot of adversity ahead. Forcing players to remain with the program will not do Baylor any good. The media will destroy them and the players will not buy in if forced to stay. Disgruntled players will not help this program rebuild itself.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Everyone seems to be saying that the 2016 guys will be released from LOIs eventually, either by Baylor or the NCAA. Everyday that goes by, BU looks worse in terms of their treatment of these players and their desire to try to salvage a football program instead of doing what they can to make things right. Even if not released, the outspoken families have said that everyone is on the same page and will not go to BU no matter what. In about 4 weeks, Baylor will have this scandal plastered all over the news once again when the NCAA is forced to step in and release these players.

In terms of existing players, things are less clear. Granting full releases seems to be the best thing for the players that want to leave but I don't think there will be as much public outcry if BU makes the players stick to the traditional transfer process with Big12 restrictions and sitting out 1 year. Really is unfortunate for the players though.

This program has a lot of adversity ahead. Forcing players to remain with the program will not do Baylor any good. The media will destroy them and the players will not buy in if forced to stay. Disgruntled players will not help this program rebuild itself.

Exactly. And high school coaches and future recruits aren't just going to forget that Baylor decided to be the bully and play hardball with these signees rather than do something right for a change. And the players aren't coming to Baylor anyway, regardless of how many obstacles Baylor puts in their paths.

Extraordinary decision-making in Waco these days. These people are botching the easiest cost-benefit analysis of all time.

Last edited:

What good does it do forcing someone who doesn't want to be there to play there? I don't see how 12+ locker room cancers could ever be helpful.

Another victim comes forward last night

From @KCENNews report: Two alleged victims. One accusation against non-athlete. The other against "current" FB player not named.

New Baylor sideline mascot? I hear he's looking for a new school.

112014-CFB-Bill-Cosby-J2-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.65.jpg

So apparently Kendal Briles asked Shawn Robinson if he liked white girls because Baylor had a lot of them that liked football players. Robinson's Dad apparently wasn't too happy about it. So that happened.

Briles could have recruited strictly out of Huntsville and not ended up with this many rapists.

More good press for Baylor this morning.

Attorney for Victim Questions Why Baylor Hasn't Dismissed More Coaches

"I don't understand how you can continue to employ people who have been found to have engaged in this type of behavior," Zalkin said. "I think the public has the right to know who specifically was involved."

In a statement Wednesday night, Baylor officials said "additional members of the administration and athletics program have also been disciplined," but those individuals and their punishments would not be disclosed.

KB- "So Shawn. You like white girls?"
SR- "Where all da white women at...."
KB- "Seriously man, the white girls here love them some football players."
SR- "Where all da white women at..."

I think this is the pix you were looking for.

166923.JPG
You'll get a kick out of this. During the Dave Bliss debacle, where the media focus and national condemnation was just about as bad as this, Bill Cosby came to the football stadium and gave a concert. It was more of a pep rally - encouraging the students, faculty, administration and alums to hold their head high, and not let the one incident kill our pride for the school. Everyone, myself included, were so thankful to Mr. Cosby for providing encouragement at a time when we were subject to national shame. It took some stones for him to go against the national tide at the time. Now we know just how big those stones were ....

Bobby Burton:

In a week where additional rape and abuse allegations mounted and further player dismissals occurred, the Baylor Bears still won't do the right thing. Baylor continues to not take the appropriate action and give a NLI release to the recruits who want one and have filed for one. With all due respect to every Baylor fan - and despite what some opposing fans might think, there are certainly many more good Baylor fans than bad - every Baylor fan in the world recognizes the black eye now associated with its school and its football program. And that bad name is well deserved.

The Bears' head coach harbored criminals and sex offenders within his program. And he didn't do enough to deter the actions of multiple players. Yet coach Art Briles denied any such thing during the recruiting process which signed those very players. So it's not only disingenuous to hold a recruit to an NLI. It's downright manipulative and potentially causing further harm. For Baylor or the NCAA to hold recruits -- or ANY student -- accountable to such a document given the new set of facts now in existence is asinine, especially when Baylor refuses to release full details of what occurred on its campus and the findings of Pepper Hamilton.

This is one of the reasons why Baylor is setting itself up for ultimate failure as an institution. It's why so many reasonable people around the country fail to believe that Baylor is accepting FULL responsibility (and the subsequent consequences) for their previous actions. Baylor is clinging to the idea that "privacy" and the "letter of the law" are the right things to do. But as others like the Dallas Morning News have written, hiding behind the claim of privacy only goes so far. Names can be redacted so that all information can be laid bare and a true accounting can be had by all.

As for the recruits, the letter of the law (or in this case the NLI) is merely a guide. It is not what institutions should aspire to. Institutions are expected to look out for the welfare of its students and student-athletes. Yet instead of simply releasing recruits from their LOIs, Baylor seemingly intends to keep them locked up as long as the NLI allows. It's yet another shining example of poor decision-making by the powers-that-be at Baylor. Baylor is once again putting the welfare of its football program ahead of what is simply just and moral. That's exactly the kind of thinking that got Baylor here in the first place.

More good press for Baylor this morning.

Attorney for Victim Questions Why Baylor Hasn't Dismissed More Coaches

"I don't understand how you can continue to employ people who have been found to have engaged in this type of behavior," Zalkin said. "I think the public has the right to know who specifically was involved."

In a statement Wednesday night, Baylor officials said "additional members of the administration and athletics program have also been disciplined," but those individuals and their punishments would not be disclosed.
This bullshit about not releasing the report to protect victims' privacy cannot be allowed to stand. Redact the victims' names and release the ****ing report. Do they not sell Magic Markers at the Waco K-Mart?

I don't understand Baylor's endgame with the NLI. Those guys are gone, not releasing them isn't going to change that. You either release them, the NCAA releases them, or they transfer out of your school. Regardless you aren't getting them. I don't think they are purposely trying to screw them over, but I don't understand it? If they are just doing it out of spite and carry that kind of malice, why even get rid of Briles, Starr, and the AD in the first place?

I don't understand Baylor's endgame with the NLI. Those guys are gone, not releasing them isn't going to change that. You either release them, the NCAA releases them, or they transfer out of your school. Regardless you aren't getting them. I don't think they are purposely trying to screw them over, but I don't understand it? If they are just doing it out of spite and carry that kind of malice, why even get rid of Briles, Starr, and the AD in the first place?

I think they are just using the full 30 days to respond to the appeals so that Grobe has time to try to convince them to stay.

Reactions: diadevic
I used to think of Baylor as a bunch of lying, hypocritical, no ethics scumbags but my opinion has changed.
I now think of them as a bunch of chickensh*t lying hypocritical no ethics scumbags......

From a poster on HD:

Sounds like Baylor will remove recruiting ban, but not release NLI immediately unless school they choose is not in B12.

Removal of the recruiting ban – This means the recruiting ban is lifted, but the NLI penalty is still in effect if you do not fulfill the NLI.

NLI releases cannot be school-specific, like permission to contact. So you cannot be released to one school but not another. Because of this, many schools will first remove the recruiting ban, but may not grant a complete release until the school knows where an athlete plans to transfer.

Just a way for Baylor to drag feet to keep the signees away from B12. Otherwise, the signees have to appeal to NCAA which could take 4 to 8 weeks longer.
This will really help SOE, UH, SMU, LSU, and Tulsa recruit these 2016 Baylor signees because they get released sooner and can enroll ASAP since not in B12.

That doesn't make any sense. Unless they are telling these guys we will release you if you promise not to go to a big 12 school. In which case once released they can still sign wherever they want. I hope it's true because it will blow up in their face. JP and Cobb's dad have already been very vocal, so if they are trying to pull this I would expect to hear about it from them.

Just a way for Baylor to drag feet to keep the signees away from B12. Otherwise, the signees have to appeal to NCAA which could take 4 to 8 weeks longer.
This will really help SOE, UH, SMU, LSU, and Tulsa recruit these 2016 Baylor signees because they get released sooner and can enroll ASAP since not in B12.

Pretty sure the NCAA has to respond in 30 days.

Pretty sure the NCAA has to respond in 30 days.

The ball goes from Baylor's court to the NCAA's after 30 days, then I think the NCAA has 30 days to do their thing. I imagine they will make their decision quick, especially if this gains any media attention.

It's why so many reasonable people around the country fail to believe that Baylor is accepting FULL responsibility

No one has taken responsibility yet. Starr speaks as if he didn't know what was going on and throws Briles under the bus. Briles statement says he looks forward to when he can discuss what he knew. The BOR said that the report was terrible yet we still have no answers as to who particularly was involved and in what way. Baylor is letting rumors and imagination run wild.

People will not stop asking questions about this. Baylor better provide some answers if they want the negative attention to move on.

Reactions: Scholz

Which current players were also on campus in Spring 2014? Would include 2014 early enrollees, class of 2013, 5 year players from 2012. I'm sure someone on here can research this.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ays-baylor-university-staff-remain-misconduct

The most striking quote from this article, "In a statement Wednesday night, Baylor officials said "additional members of the administration and athletics program have also been disciplined," but those individuals and their punishments would not be disclosed."

So they admit that other members deserve punishment in relation to this scandal but have decided to discipline them and not fire them.

Reactions: Scholz
http://espn.go.com/college-football...ays-baylor-university-staff-remain-misconduct

The most striking quote from this article, "In a statement Wednesday night, Baylor officials said "additional members of the administration and athletics program have also been disciplined," but those individuals and their punishments would not be disclosed."

So they admit that other members deserve punishment in relation to this scandal but have decided to discipline them and not fire them.
Not every indiscretion deserves the ultimate penalty. But to your point - until they release exactly what was done by whom, then we don't know if "discipline" was sufficient for the misdeeds performed, if more people should be "disciplined", if this is the work of only a few, or if the whole school should be closed. There is a firestorm of people upset at BU who want the Board of Regents to release EVERYTHING they know.

There is a firestorm of people upset at BU who want the Board of Regents to release EVERYTHING they know.

Hell, thats the problem. In spite of all the reports of people claiming they reported the offenses to everyone from Starr to Bryles to the BOR.....ALL of them have said they knew nothing. So apparantly releasing everything they CLAIM they know would be a tiny report indeed.

Twitter is fun. Here's some next level hypocrisy from the Baylor mods back when Penn St was going through this:

4615116.PNG

4615117.PNG

4615118.PNG

4615122.PNG

Reactions: oldhorn2