This Just Got Real

Hell, thats the problem. In spite of all the reports of people claiming they reported the offenses to everyone from Starr to Bryles to the BOR.....ALL of them have said they knew nothing. So apparantly releasing everything they CLAIM they know would be a tiny report indeed.
But the Board of Regents fired the most beloved figure (Briles, not Starr!) in BU modern history. He was a giant cash machine for the school. They wouldn't get rid of the Golden Goose unless they had the goods - on what basis did they fire him? Give us the details!

Any good parent knows that you don't punish a child unless the child deserves it. Any punishment meted out by the parent is done for a reason. Tell us what the punishment(s) were for these "other staff members" and then tell us WHY they were punished. Details!

Any good parent knows that you don't punish a child unless the child deserves it. Any punishment meted out by the parent is done for a reason. Tell us what the punishment(s) were for these "other staff members" and then tell us WHY they were punished. Details!
It is my understanding that Bethany McCraw I still on the payroll. She testified in the Sam U case that she cleared Sam U based on a preponderance of evidence.
http://deadspin.com/baylor-s-investigation-of-sam-ukwuachu-was-shameful-1725434717

This Baylor article addresses the two JUCO players who were kicked off the team recently. A girl claims she was assaulted by both at the same time.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...r-says-get-fair-chance-clear-name-stay-school

Wow! The coverup just marches on.

"Grobe says to me, 'Listen, if he just leaves, he can go on, and we won't stop him from playing anywhere, and this investigation will stop.'" Flabbergasted at the notion a sexual assault investigation might disappear if an accused player were to leave the team, Sims said he pressed Grobe, but Grobe struggled to be more specific before implying that Baylor administrators had made him remove the player from the team.

Wasn't Grobe supposed to be this high integrity individual beyond reproach? What a crock. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. :rolleyes: And the football team is still more important than protecting female co-eds from football player rapists.

Wasn't Grobe supposed to be this high integrity individual beyond reproach? What a crock. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. :rolleyes: And the football team is still more important than protecting female co-eds from football player rapists.

Am I misreading the article? Baylor is investigating the alleged sexual assault involving Faulk. I interpreted Grobe's statement as Baylor would cease the investigation. But not the police. Baylor has a guy who has been accused, but not convicted, of sexual assault, and cuts him loose. Isn't that what we want? Isn't that addressing the criticism of Sam U. - Briles didn't dismiss him immediately but rather waited in hopes the problem would go away? Criticize all you want that the guy should not have been there in the first place, but he is now dismissed, protecting future coeds from the predator, and now the legal process can take its course - isn't that what they should've been doing in all of these cases?

Last edited:
They should be ensuring that this crap ceases and girls are protected and full investigations happen, not hand wringing and scheming about what happens to the football team.

Am I misreading the article? Baylor is investigating the alleged sexual assault involving Faulk. I interpreted Grobe's statement as Baylor would cease the investigation. But not the police. Baylor has a guy who has been accused, but not convicted, of sexual assault, and cuts him loose. Isn't that what we want? Isn't that addressing the criticism of Sam U. - Briles didn't dismiss him immediately but rather waited in hopes the problem would go away? Criticize all you want that the guy should not have been there in the first place, but he is now dismissed, protecting future coeds from the predator, and now the legal process can take its course - isn't that what they should've been doing in all of these cases?
Maybe he should be there, maybe not. Until they are repealed, the 5th and 14th amendments guarantee due process. And until the 6th amendment is repealed, the right to confront one's accuser is the law of the land. Mr. Faulk is still waiting for both. He may, in fact, be a bad actor who should be in jail instead of on the football team, but he has, to my knowledge, never been charged, much less, convicted of a crime. Baylor administrators are not allowed, by law, to play judge, jury and executioner.

Maybe he should be there, maybe not. Until they are repealed, the 5th and 14th amendments guarantee due process. And until the 6th amendment is repealed, the right to confront one's accuser is the law of the land. Mr. Faulk is still waiting for both. He may, in fact, be a bad actor who should be in jail instead of on the football team, but he has, to my knowledge, never been charged, much less, convicted of a crime. Baylor administrators are not allowed, by law, to play judge, jury and executioner.
With all due respect - BU is getting lambasted because the former student/ESPN employee Doloros (?) says Chafin assaulted her, she called coaches, and nothing happened. She did not go to the police, but BU is getting destroyed because they did nothing. In this case, Faulk is accused and Baylor dismissed the player. BU did exactly what they are criticized for not doing in the Chafin case. Seems to me that the critics are arguing both sides. Regardless, drip drip drip. I freely admit it took me a while to realize the depths of the problem, but I've come to the conclusion we are finished. And I'm not talking about being a football contender.

With all due respect - BU is getting lambasted because the former student/ESPN employee Doloros (?) says Chafin assaulted her, she called coaches, and nothing happened. She did not go to the police, but BU is getting destroyed because they did nothing. In this case, Faulk is accused and Baylor dismissed the player. BU did exactly what they are criticized for not doing in the Chafin case. Seems to me that the critics are arguing both sides. Regardless, drip drip drip. I freely admit it took me a while to realize the depths of the problem, but I've come to the conclusion we are finished. And I'm not talking about being a football contender.

So, there was no cover up in the Chafin case? Because the criticism on this board is over Grobe saying is Faulk leaves the investigation will stop. Which most of us see as a coverup by Baylor.

So, there was no cover up in the Chafin case? Because the criticism on this board is over Grobe saying is Faulk leaves the investigation will stop. Which most of us see as a coverup by Baylor.
I guess I don't agree with the interpretation of Grobe's statement - my interpretation was that Baylor's investigation would stop, not the police. Baylor has no criminal authority. The most they can do is kick the guy out. Which they did. If your interpretation of Grobe's statement is that the police will also stop investigating, and that Grobe is speaking on behalf of the police, then point taken. On the alleged Chafin cover up - if you are saying people are dog piling Baylor for covering up (which, if proven true, is deserved), then what should Baylor have done? I would submit they should've kicked him out immediately. Now they are getting criticized for kicking Faulk out immediately (or at least immediately after Grobe's arrival)..

I guess I don't agree with the interpretation of Grobe's statement - my interpretation was that Baylor's investigation would stop, not the police.
Yeah, I disagree with your interpretation. Sounds to me like he was wanting the story to go away entirely. Decent people with integrity would help to see rapists are prosecuted, not just pawn them off on some other unsuspecting community. Grobe sounds like he wants to cover up and protect the football program.

You understand that under Title IX Baylor is required to investigate once they know about it?

I also think there was more to Chafin since he was released before Lozano came forward with her story. But it could have been that Baylor failed to fulfill their duties under Title IX and were hoping it would go away if they released Chafin.

I don't think he meant any police investigations would stop, but regardless it was a very tone deaf comment to make.

Also very two faced in the fact that he's releasing the accused criminal to go play anywhere but not the kids who don't want to be associated with the filth that Baylor is infested with.

Reactions: swVAHorn and Scholz
I was under the impression that in a Title IX suit the feds came in to investigate. Is that not correct? How can Baylor properly conduct an investigation without federal oversight?

Reactions: oldhorn2
There is a required level of investigation of a sexual assault under Title IX and a set of required procedures to protect the compliantant. I don't know of any lawsuits under Title IX

105 recommendations and improvements to the sexual violence policies seems like a lot when Pepper Hamilton provided no written report.

CkmpIE2UgAQnRN9.jpg

The hits just keep coming....I dont know if this is real, but this comes from Hornsports:

Cko-cL5UoAANG88.jpg

That has to be bullsh*t -- but if it's not, conference members need to make sure that 2016 is Baylor's last season in the Big 12. Let them be some mid-major league's disgusting embarrassment.

Last edited:
Reactions: swVAHorn
That has to be bullsh*t -- but if it's not, conference members need to make sure that 2016 is Baylor's last season in the Big 12. Let them be some mid-major league's disgusting embarrassment.
It may be true. I haven't seen anything official tgat Briles has been fired. I have however heard he was suspended. I just assumed his firing was forthcoming but this thing has been sinisterly played out b Baylor so it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Did I miss his official firing being confirmed?

Suspension with intent to fire. But no group of people could be that utterly stupid. Perhaps that was something that had been proposed at some point but it would take several complete idiots to go along with that.
That's not even mentioning the blatant disregard for the victims. It's a ****ing game. Certainly common decency would prevail. Again all this has got to be much ado about nothing.

So, they've reached the denial stage?

Art coming back would be a disaster for Baylor in any Title IX suits brought against Baylor.

If it's going to a vote, I would guess it's going to happen. They only voted to fire him 16-14 or something like that. This is a situation where the governing bodies NCAA and lesser extent Big 12 aren't going to act. They rely on the public to put pressure to do the right thing. Other than them being a complete corrupt university what's really going to happen if they bring him back?

Not surprising if true. Seems it woukd be easier to just cut ties but I guess they are trying to avoid lawsuits while keeping their team intact. This is going to be a PR nightmare for years to come I would think.

WACO -- A source confirmed to KCEN Monday that plans were in place to suspend Baylor Head Football Coach Art Briles for the 2016 season but bring him back for the 2017 season.

A source told KCEN-HD's Nikki Laurenzo, players were told there are plans to "suspend Briles."

The Baylor Board of Regents announced last month that Briles was suspended with the intent to terminate related to the University's and Athletic Department's handling of sexual assault cases.

However, Chip Brown with HornsDigest.com reported that the regents would vote Monday night on whether to bring Briles back in 2017.

A source told KCEN-HD Sports Reporter Jessica Morrey, there's "an unbelievable amount of pressure on the board," right now.

The Board of Regents fired Ken Starr as the University's President. He later resigned as chancellor but will remain at the school as a law professor.

Athletic Director, Ian McCaw, also resigned in the wake of the scandal.