This Just Got Real

Not surprising if true. Seems it woukd be easier to just cut ties but I guess they are trying to avoid lawsuits while keeping their team intact. This is going to be a PR nightmare for years to come I would think.

Its not at all about what is easier. One could argue the easiest road would have been to not act at all and continue to do nothing.

It is about right and wrong. Simple as that.

But their chief concern if they reinstate him...is clearly not about right and wrong. It would be about W's and L's.

So, Diadevic, if Briles comes back after a year off, will you continue to support and cheer for your alma mater?

This would the saddest move ever. By originally firing him they admitted his wrong doing in rape cover ups. To bring him back, would be admitting they don't really care. At some point, you have to wonder if the big dogs who run the Baptist Church won't step in. They have to be sick of reading about a Baptist university and serial rape cover ups.

So, Diadevic, if Briles comes back after a year off, will you continue to support and cheer for your alma mater?
I've been pretty consistent on this matter - I want to see the report. If he approached a victim of sexual assault and threatened to smear her name if she went public, then he HAS to go and I will not support the team or the university as long as anyone who voted to bring him back is associated in any way with the university.. If he just happens to be a mad scientist/offensive coaching genius who is oblivious to his surroundings - then I'm not sure lumping him in with Paterno is called for, nor am I sure what punishment is appropriate. I highly doubt the latter, and don't want to believe the former. If the BOR brings him back, which I still find highly doubtful, then the release of the report becomes even more important - are we harboring a rape enabler, or is our Board of Regents so spineless and inept that they would cower to public pressure and throw a blameless man under the bus. Either way, the BOR looks like a bunch of bumbling idiots. And BTW - if I was Briles, and he is blameless in all of this - I'd tell the Board of Regents to kiss my a**.

I've been pretty consistent on this matter - I want to see the report. If he approached a victim of sexual assault and threatened to smear her name if she went public, then he HAS to go and I will not support the team or the university as long as anyone who voted to bring him back is associated in any way with the university.. If he just happens to be a mad scientist/offensive coaching genius who is oblivious to his surroundings - then I'm not sure lumping him in with Paterno is called for, nor am I sure what punishment is appropriate. I highly doubt the latter, and don't want to believe the former. If the BOR brings him back, which I still find highly doubtful, then the release of the report becomes even more important - are we harboring a rape enabler, or is our Board of Regents so spineless and inept that they would cower to public pressure and throw a blameless man under the bus. Either way, the BOR looks like a bunch of bumbling idiots. And BTW - if I was Briles, and he is blameless in all of this - I'd tell the Board of Regents to kiss my a**.

Lets get real - if Briles was innocent he would have made his case a long time ago.... He didnt bc he is not innocent. He was involved and that was one of the main reasons he was terminated or suspended or whatever. The dealings with Starr in the beginning made everyone look long and hard at Briles with the way that all went down, and then McCaw - and keep in mind NONE of the other parties involved stated that Briles was innocent and clean of anything in this.... and again, if he was then you KNOW baylor would have been pushing that to the public eye to ensure they didnt have to smash Briles....

Ball is in baylors court, but I think they are fixing to kick the ball out of the arena and decide they dont care about anything anymore.. if Briles comes back - expect the hammer to fall hard in all areas for baylor - prestige, donors-media blasting, NCAA pressure, Title IX pressures..... basically if they take Briles back they are asking for the death penalty in public opinion and beyond... especially if they cant produce the report that clears Briles... and if they had that, we would have already seen it.

How much influence does greed and wins on the field actually have with the Baptists in Wao that think they are morally better than everyone else? Will it determine Briles future, or does common sense and reality keep him off the sideline and away from CFB ..... the world is watching baylor...... dont mess up.

Reactions: HornosaurusRex
Lets get real - if Briles was innocent he would have made his case a long time ago.... He didnt bc he is not innocent. He was involved and that was one of the main reasons he was terminated or suspended or whatever. The dealings with Starr in the beginning made everyone look long and hard at Briles with the way that all went down, and then McCaw - and keep in mind NONE of the other parties involved stated that Briles was innocent and clean of anything in this.... and again, if he was then you KNOW baylor would have been pushing that to the public eye to ensure they didnt have to smash Briles....

Ball is in baylors court, but I think they are fixing to kick the ball out of the arena and decide they dont care about anything anymore.. if Briles comes back - expect the hammer to fall hard in all areas for baylor - prestige, donors-media blasting, NCAA pressure, Title IX pressures..... basically if they take Briles back they are asking for the death penalty in public opinion and beyond... especially if they cant produce the report that clears Briles... and if they had that, we would have already seen it.

How much influence does greed and wins on the field actually have with the Baptists in Wao that think they are morally better than everyone else? Will it determine Briles future, or does common sense and reality keep him off the sideline and away from CFB ..... the world is watching baylor...... dont mess up.
I'm not discounting anything you say at all, but 1 question - "he is not innocent." Of what charges? And I am asking a serious question - innocent of pressuring victims to recant? Innocent of lack of discipline over his team? Exactly what is he accused of?

if Briles comes back - expect the hammer to fall hard in all areas for baylor - prestige, donors-media blasting, NCAA pressure, Title IX pressures..... basically if they take Briles back they are asking for the death penalty in public opinion and beyond... especially if they cant produce the report that clears Briles... and if they had that, we would have already seen it.
Well put.

I hope Baylor does reinstate him, as I would like to see just how far one can go to the edge of the cliff before forcing the NCAA, the conference or the justice department to take action.

Hook 'em

Not protecting co-eds from sexual assault and harboring rapists on his team to get Ws.

Reactions: swVAHorn
I'm not discounting anything you say at all, but 1 question - "he is not innocent." Of what charges? And I am asking a serious question - innocent of pressuring victims to recant? Innocent of lack of discipline over his team? Exactly what is he accused of?

Are you asking about criminal charges? I doubt there will be any of those. Or are you seriously asking what he's been accused of on a moral level?

1. Continuing to play players accused of serious crimes, and for as long as possible.
2. Seeking out transfer players who have been thrown off other teams for committing serious crimes to a reckless and dangerous extent.
3. Minimize the consequence of serious crimes committed by Baylor football players, by undermining the accusers and circumventing the usual Baylor in-house procedures.

Harboring and enabling dangerous predators with a win at all costs mentality that seems to have resulted in severe crimes being committed and thwarting the administration of justice after the commission of these crimes.

Hook 'em

Reactions: diadevic and Scholz
I would be interested to know if steroids were tolerated or encouraged by the program and whether an associated 'roid rage could explain some of the issues. I understand that Briles was accused of such as a high school coach.

Hook 'em

I would be interested to know if steroids were tolerated or encouraged by the program and whether an associated 'roid rage could explain some of the issues. I understand that Briles was accused of such as a high school coach.

Hook 'em
I think that's pretty obvious. No proof but c'mon. It's Briles' history and M.O. and his players were acting like sociopathic crazed maniacs.

Being completely ignorant on the topic, is roid rage a thing with steroids of today?

rocket-bat.jpg

Innocent in the grander scheme of things.. Although obstruction of justice sounds like it could be applied to quite a few ppl at Baylor as far as all of this goes... but I meant it more globally.. he isnt innocent inthe situation. He knew things, kept things quiet and even covered up stuff that WAS a violation of the law when it came to rape.... SO innocent is not something anyone can claim to validate the baylor heads bringing him back.

I could probably find a long list of criminal charges that COULD be applied to employees of Baylor in this case, but again, that wasnt exactlywhere I was going... Briles knew, helped cover up shit and when it came out they "fired" him.... and when they realized they were going to suck again in football, everyone starts singing a new tune..... At this point if they bring him back Baylor loses ANY and ALL credibility they ever had, as well as anything dealing with this outbreak of vioence against women on campus.

This isnt the 50's and baylor doesnt have anywhere NEAR enough clout or history for ppl to jst gloss this over in the history books like OU has doen with some of their checkered past. ALL eyes are on Baylor, and all it takes is 1 small mistep for that house of cards to catch fire, fall to the ground then burn your whole damn REAL house to the ground---and right now it appears the board of Baylor are "decorating" that house with gasoline, napalm AND Thermite.... my only question iswho will be the one to drop the match and set it all off bc I dont think Baylor will get to decide that.....

And I know you arent being anything otherthan ginuwine bud, so I take no offense.. and I hope you dont take any of what I say personally as this has nothing to do with you or me outside of being fans.....

In other news, Baylorfans is still populated by idiots and psychopaths: "ESPN and LHN made this happen"
I am stunned a group of people (who are not aggy) could be so oblivious to truth. They actually think that if Texas wants something in the news that Texas will get something in the news? How about Baylor try to not let rapists football players get away with it in the first place? If they don't rape it doesn't matter what news organizations or mean ole Texas say or report. This is a crazy world anymore. Truth is no longer truth it is what you want it to be (in all facets of life). We can overlook crimes if the person is a great athlete and helps whoever you like to win. Sad. I love Texas but I would be screaming to lock up the players who rape or do other crimes that deserve it. My team may lose but I can look in the mirror and not be ashamed of myself. Baylor should be kicked out of the Big 12. All recruits and players should be let go and be able to go anywhere they want without restriction.

Idiots. Mean old Longhorns are to blame for everything, even their lack of soul and common decency.

Didn't you know, Texas is the Donald Trump of College Football...at the root of all things evil and bad...

Waco media kicked off campus...

http://www.kcentv.com/story/32222198/baylor-university-interim-president-told-to-remain-silent

WACO -- Baylor's Interim President David Garland admitted he had been instructed not to speak with the media before having KCEN HD News thrown off campus on Tuesday.

KCEN HD News has been demanding transparency from Baylor University, urging the administration to release the findings of the Pepper Hamilton Report, which was the culmination of an investigation into how Baylor leadership handled reports of sexual assault involving members of the University community.

In the last several days, phone calls from multiple newsroom employees to media relations employees at Baylor have gone unreturned. So, KCEN HD News Sent a crew to Garland's office directly in search of answers on Tuesday.

Garland saw the crew through the window, but declined an interview, at which point Baylor Police said they would allow KCEN to wait inside a news vehicle outside the president's office building -- in case Garland changed his mind.

When Garland passed through the parking lot, reporter Stephen Adams asked him whether he was being told not to talk to KCEN HD News or if the University had instructed him not to speak with the media. Garland replied "both," before saying there was nothing new to report and walking away. After that brief exchange, a second Baylor security officer told KCEN HD News to leave campus.

KCEN HD News wanted to ask Garland about a meeting Monday involving members of the Baylor Board of Regents, in addition to inquiring how much Former Head Football Coach Art Briles and Former President Ken Starr actually knew -- or did not know -- about sexual assault claims.

Baylor Spokeswoman Tonya Lewis ignored several phone calls Tuesday, but sent two emails in response to questions.

"We can confirm, there was no vote regarding the employment status of Art Briles," Lewis said of Monday's Regents' meeting.

She also said Garland was unavailable for an interview, but she provided no timeline as to when he would be made available. KCEN HD News waited more than a month for an interview with Title IX Coordinator Patty Crawford, earlier this year.

Despite Garland being unavailable, he found time to speak with KCEN's Dallas sister station WFAA.

He told WFAA: "I'm always interested in people saying 'we need more transparency' when they ask me questions. And I say, 'Well, if we hadn't been so transparent, you wouldn't have known to ask me that question.'"

Garland also told WFAA that Baylor would become "the safest place on the planet."

KCEN HD News has encouraged Baylor to release a redacted version of the Pepper Hamilton Report that does not include the names of victims. But, Garland told WFAA the University is "a small community " and he claims people would be able to tell who victims were.

Now if they really want the coach back the key is paying off the abused women with silence agreements. How much would that cost? Polly less than paying off BRILES contract
Watch some BMD is on this Already. Rape whistles at every Baylor games is the way to embarrass them to action. I'll contribute.

just when you didnt think they could be any dirtier or low down than they already are you get this:

Higdon:

Again, I am ONLY following this as it pertains to Texas and recruiting.....so here goes......

I just had a call from someone who filled me in on some pretty interesting stuff. The entire bring Briles back deal is a ploy to try and keep recruits. They are hoping that some of the recruits would cave/enroll thinking Briles would get the one-year suspension, but the powers that be know they aren’t or can’t bring him back. Also, Baylor has already reached out to three people regarding the head coaching job, two of them are Dino Babers and Todd Graham. I was told Grobe would or could be the next Baylor AD.

Then I read someone else saying that bailer asst coaches telling the recruits that Briles would be back.

I don't know why Baylor exposes themselves over these 16 recruits. I realize that the guys in question are the cream of their class, but they have much bigger fish to fry. They've got to get so much else corrected before any of these players are going to come into the equation for being a successful program.

Last edited:
Reactions: diadevic
agreed Bubba.....the way this thing is going the public is going to have to petition the Texas Highway Department to build public showers North and South of W aco so that travelers can pull in and wash off the stink that simply driving through Waco will cause.

Briles wont be reinstated at Baylor. It's flat out not going to happen. It's a ploy to keep as many of their commits as possible by the staff still in place. Empty promises. They have already reached out to several coaches about the position moving forward.

These kids would already be released if Texas wasn't a likely landing spot. Baylor's goal is to do whatever it takes to make it difficult for these guys to go to a rival. The ship has sailed for these guys to be contributors at Baylor. They don't want to be there. Lying to them o they enroll isn't going to change that.

They recently released a JUCO transfer whom changed his course of direction in conference to the Pokes.

I read that this JUCO had "problems" that Briles didnt have any problems accecpting but the new coach would not allow. Sounded like he was "invited" to sign elsewhere

I read that this JUCO had "problems" that Briles didnt have any problems accecpting but the new coach would not allow. Sounded like he was "invited" to sign elsewhere

I think that was a different JUCO. Faulk I believe is the JUCO DT recently kicked out that had a lot red flags in his past. This guy may have had issues still though.