This Just Got Real

He might be reinstated:

groundhogday_21_truck.png

Well, no probably not now:

groundhogday_20_truck.png

Briles about to get paid.
What if, at the end of the day, he did nothing wrong? The BOR butchered this thing - release all info and crucify him, or release all info and reinstate him. Either way, release all info. Otherwise, as HRex said, drip drip drip.

They cannot afford to release the specifics. If they do, the information would be available to defense attorneys in discovery in the lawsuits. Better to be crucified in the court of public opinion than to be financially eviscerated in a court of law.

Last edited:
The cannot afford to release the specifics. If they do, the information would be available to defense attorneys in discovery in the lawsuits. Better to be crucified in the court of public opinion than to be financially eviscerated in a court of law.
With all due respect - if that's the case BU should've kept him. But they do care about public opinion. And on releasing the specifics - the Chairman of the Board of Regents is already on record as saying that the report is "horrifying" and "toxic." The details can't be much worse than the imagination conjured up by those 2 words.

What if, at the end of the day, he did nothing wrong? The BOR butchered this thing - release all info and crucify him, or release all info and reinstate him. Either way, release all info. Otherwise, as HRex said, drip drip drip.

Baylor pays him to make the documents hard as possible for the plaintiff attorneys of the Title IX lawsuits to discover. To go to court with Briles would be giving those other attorneys a road map for their cases.

EDIT- CAHorn already said it better.

Come on. You have a lot better sense than to ever seriously entertain the idea that Briles did nothing wrong.

Briles has Baylor by the short hairs for the reasons CAHorn47 explained.

Reactions: swVAHorn
The cannot afford to release the specifics. If they do, the information would be available to defense attorneys in discovery in the lawsuits. Better to be crucified in the court of public opinion than to be financially eviscerated in a court of law.

Because people will forget in a year or so.

Do you think there is ANY way Briles was actually innocent? We are talking about the best coach in Baylor history. If they fired him it is because they had NO CHOICE. No other reason makes sense. You keep saying release the report....they are trying to NOT do more damage by giving out the women's information which to a degree makes sense. Why cause the women more pain so that a bunch of football fans can feel better or?? All the "release the report" means is that football fans want some hope to hold onto....they don't want it released to protect those women. The whole staff needs to be let go NOW and Baylor needs to make it right with the women or They need to be removed from the Big 12...period.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
kind of like the mixon tape ;) but somebody will sue to the point where the paper report is released. You can Bank on it...

Come on. You have a lot better sense than to ever seriously entertain the idea that Briles did nothing wrong.

Briles has Baylor by the short hairs for the reasons CAHorn47 explained.
Maybe I'm not clear. I cannot believe the BOR would fire (or whatever they did to him) Briles without being absolutely certain that it was with cause. So, no, I don't believe he is free of culpability in this situation, and I feel certain BOR would not send the golden goose to the guillotine unless they were absolutely certain +10%. If the firing/suspension with intent to terminate/whatever it is, was with cause, then they owe him nothing. Nada. Zilch. Offer him nothing, tell him to like it, and if he protests, release every sordid detail in the report to shame him as bad as Sandusky. Then use the $40 million to pay the victims/feds and whoever else is owed. But to sit here and tell us his action/inaction was THAT bad, then write a check for $20 million (as was posted on here) to someone who literally killed the university - that is difficult to comprehend. Its time for the BOR to finally take a stand - stand behind their decision to can him.

Maybe I'm not clear. I cannot believe the BOR would fire (or whatever they did to him) Briles without being absolutely certain that it was with cause. So, no, I don't believe he is free of culpability in this situation, and I feel certain BOR would not send the golden goose to the guillotine unless they were absolutely certain +10%. If the firing/suspension with intent to terminate/whatever it is, was with cause, then they owe him nothing. Nada. Zilch. Offer him nothing, tell him to like it, and if he protests, release every sordid detail in the report to shame him as bad as Sandusky. Then use the $40 million to pay the victims/feds and whoever else is owed. But to sit here and tell us his action/inaction was THAT bad, then write a check for $20 million (as was posted on here) to someone who literally killed the university - that is difficult to comprehend. Its time for the BOR to finally take a stand - stand behind their decision to can him.

Okay, I see what you're saying. I'd very much like to see the snake get nothing as well. However, the choice Baylor faces is more complicated than that. The information they release to shame Briles will destroy them in the civil suits they're facing -- it could easily cost them vast and unknown sums of money in civil judgments over what they'll be paying out if that information remains undisclosed. We could easily be talking about upwards of $100 million. Who knows? Baylor will likely find it a lot easier to settle and keep these cases out of court if that information is not in the public domain.

On the other hand, if they don't release the damning information, then Briles can tie them up in expensive litigation (his attorneys are working on a contingency fee, so there's no skin off his back unless he wins) over whether Baylor failed to show cause. He can try to force the disclosure of some of the information that formed the basis of the decision to fire him in discovery, which will again seriously compromise Baylor's position in civil litigation with the victims.

So Baylor is in a very tough spot either way. The calculation is just that it will cost them substantially less -- potentially many tens of millions less -- to pay Briles enough to shut up and go away than it will to show why his firing was fully justified and then get annihilated in the civil suits. His hand is a strong one because of Baylor's precarious position in the civil suits, so he'll probably be able extract most of the remaining value of the contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: HornosaurusRex
Rumors floating that disgusting human being Kim Mulkey is looking to escape the sinking ship of Baylor Athletics and that LSU might fire Nikki Fargas in order to bring her on board.

Okay, I see what you're saying. I'd very much like to see the snake get nothing as well. However, the choice Baylor faces is more complicated than that. The information they release to shame Briles will destroy them in the civil suits they're facing -- it could easily cost them vast and unknown sums of money in civil judgments over what they'll be paying out if that information remains undisclosed. We could easily be talking about upwards of $100 million. Who knows? Baylor will likely find it a lot easier to settle and keep these cases out of court if that information is not in the public domain.

On the other hand, if they don't release the damning information, then Briles can tie them up in expensive litigation (his attorneys are working on a contingency fee, so there's no skin off his back unless he wins) over whether Baylor failed to show cause. He can try to force the disclosure of some of the information that formed the basis of the decision to fire him in discovery, which will again seriously compromise Baylor's position in civil litigation with the victims.

So Baylor is in a very tough spot either way. The calculation is just that it will cost them substantially less -- potentially many tens of millions less -- to pay Briles enough to shut up and go away than it will to show why his firing was fully justified and then get annihilated in the civil suits. His hand is a strong one because of Baylor's precarious position in the civil suits, so he'll probably be able extract most of the remaining value of the contract.

I'm curious about Baylor's ability to keep the information private. I sure don't know what the law is on this matter.

When the lawsuits start, won't the attorneys for the girls try and get the info Baylor has introduced in court? I guess if Baylor settles out of court, they can keep the info private.

This will be interesting to follow. Pretty sure Baylor is going to be out major bucks however it plays out.

Rumors floating that disgusting human being Kim Mulkey is looking to escape the sinking ship of Baylor Athletics and that LSU might fire Nikki Fargas in order to bring her on board.
I gotta ask - why is Mulkey disgusting? And BTW - I actually read Tennessee was her landing point.

Baylor brought PH in yesterday and a settlement has been reached. We really don't know who folded their hand because both hands are dirty in all of this...

Sounded like you were saying bailer reached a settlement with Pepper Hamilton.....so who did they reach settlement with?

Sounded like you were saying bailer reached a settlement with Pepper Hamilton.....so who did they reach settlement with?
Baylol brought in Pepper - Hamilton to lay it our to Briles and a settlement was reach with Art.

I gotta ask - why is Mulkey disgusting? And BTW - I actually read Tennessee was her landing point.

Talking trash to student-athletes from the other team from the sideline pretty much qualifies her automatically. But that's far from her only episode of disgusting behavior over the years.

Reactions: swVAHorn