ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman calls for A&M game

Do you want the A&M game back?

• Yes

Votes: 39 44.8%
  • Hell no

Votes: 48 55.2%

• Total voters
So the Big XII used to be harder but now your aggys are in a better place because different good teams are better than you? I got that right?

Scholz,

I guess another way of saying it is that everybody that had another place to go left. OU wanted to leave, but had nowhere to go right now. Tech, Baylor, etc. are just happy to be in a P5 as opposed to SMU, Memphis, Houston. And no one of note wants to join your league, hence the circus that went on a year ago with UH and others. Just another brick in the Bad League manifesto.

If you say so. Congrats on Bama being good. Don’t forget your knee pads.

The big 12 gets a lot of respect. Why else would they give us all these 11am start times. The west coast can catch OU and UCLA while eating a healthy breakfast. Prime time baby!

Don't understand $ooners crying about the conference. It's never kept you out of the playoffs even with a loss.

Last edited:
Let's be honest. If OU OR Texas wins the Big 12 unless they for some reason had 2 or for sure 3 losses, they will be in the play off. That being said, there is a prestige deficit week to week (unless RRR week). Just look at weekly ratings for all the games.

Let's be honest. If OU OR Texas wins the Big 12 unless they for some reason had 2 or for sure 3 losses, they will be in the play off.
This is true. OU got into the playoffs twice (2015 and 2017) with 1 loss.

Probably not with 2 losses but this is a strawman argument since no 2-loss team has ever made the CFP in its short history. Kind of an unfair hurdle to hold only the Big XII to, no?

Last edited:
This is true. OU got into the playoffs twice (2015 and 2017) with 1 loss.

Probably not with 2 losses but this is a strawman argument since no 2-loss team has ever made the CFP in its short history. Kind of an unfair hurdle to hold only the Big XII to, no? Or were you unaware of this?
Don't get your point. I just said that a 1 loss Texas or OU conference champ would almost definitely get in and they COULD get in with 2 just like any other conference. 3 would be doubtful in any conference. My point is that on a weekly basis the TV ratings for the Big 12 are lower. OU/Texas finished in 3rd place for that day.

Of course you don’t. No your clear insinuation was that the Big XII is weaker than others because 2 losses would probably keep OU or UT out. Even though no 2-loss team from anywhere has ever made it in. Now you’re focusing on the ratings bit.

Unsurprising you’re not man enough to admit a mistake.

Of course you don’t. No your clear insinuation was that the Big XII is weaker than others because 2 losses would probably keep OU or UT out. Even though no 2-loss team from anywhere has ever made it in. Now you’re focusing on the ratings bit.

Unsurprising you’re not man enough to admit a mistake.
Liar. Only weaker in TV ratings.

Low character dumbass. Nobody’s made it in with 2 losses so why bring it up. Is there an aggy who doesn’t lie anymore? Is it taught at your brainwashing camp? Must be.

Somebody will eventually, and it could be from your conference, nimrod. You just look for stuff.

Not hard with you, complete dipshit.

What’s funny is you didn’t even know.

As a hardcore Longhorn fan who will sport the colors and flash Hook 'em anywhere in the world, it's quite disappointing how we looked this Saturday compared to how Oklahoma looked, Ok St, TCU, Texas A&M, etc etc..

Ok aggy, we get it that you think you're superior because you play in the $EC. That said, the conference smack and condescending tone that many of you have on here and all of your comparisons between the $EC and Big 12 is more than played out. If you want to have a lovefest about your beloved $EC conference and your put downs about the Big 12, go over to texaggy and knock yourselves out. No more posting this BS on here from here forward. If you do, I will delete it. If you do it again, I'm going to ban you. Its old.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am very interested in the Mississippi State at Kansas State game. In my opinion, these are about the 5th best teams in each conference. The KSU offensive line vs. MSU defensive line will be a battle of two top units. I think Mississippi State should win in a cake walk, but I also am a believer in the Purple Wizard and the little apple. The Wizard amazes me, can he pull a rabbit out of his hat? I don't think so, but we'll see.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am very interested in the Mississippi State at Kansas State game. In my opinion, these are about the 5th best teams in each conference. The KSU offensive line vs. MSU defensive line will be a battle of two top units. I think Mississippi State should win in a cake walk, but I also am a believer in the Purple Wizard and the little apple. The Wizard amazes me, can he pull a rabbit out of his hat? I don't think so, but we'll see.
I’m wondering why Kansas State struggled so bad in their opener? But it seems like they do that every year and it takes them two or three games to get rolling, and then they end up being pretty good.

Also if I am remembering correctly I think they had a bunch of turnover in their coaching coordinator’s that might be a factor as well?

Reactions: weevilcatch
I’m wondering why Kansas State struggled so bad in their opener? But it seems like they do that every year and it takes them two or three games to get rolling, and then they end up being pretty good.

Also if I am remembering correctly I think they had a bunch of turnover in their coaching coordinator’s that might be a factor as well?
Kansas State seems to struggle game 1 vs. a nobody every year. I just discounted the bad game and assumed they'd be fine going forward.

I apologize to anyone offended. I was responding to a poster who was talking about a Sooner lamenting the lack of respect by scheduling your games at 11:00 I was actually agreeing with the poster that you would not be excluded from the play off because of conference affiliation. I enjoy coming on here and discussing things with rational people, but one of your posters is a tool and twists things. I appreciate most of your thoughts.

Reactions: mm42 and LonghornMM
As a hardcore Longhorn fan who will sport the colors and flash Hook 'em anywhere in the world, it's quite disappointing how we looked this Saturday compared to how Oklahoma looked, Ok St, TCU, Texas A&M, etc etc..

I agree I was disappointed too but we also played a Big 10 team not NW State, not FL Atlantic, not Missouri State, and not Southern U. I mean if you're saying Maryland is on par with those teams talent wise I don't see it. Those teams aren't even equal to Tulsa and if we struggle against them the whole game I'll come back and eat crow. Basically all those P5 teams you mentioned played a scrimmage.

Reactions: JHop6714
I was actually agreeing with the poster that you would not be excluded from the play off because of conference affiliation.
You continue to lie. Or maybe you really are just that dumb. So why mention we probably wouldn't get in with 2 losses? Nobody else does either, Einstein.

but one of your posters is a tool and twists things. I appreciate most of your thoughts.
And you don't discuss things rationally. All you do is come on here and insult the Longhorns and talk about how great your conference mates are. Nice non-apology too btw. Typical low character behavior from you.

Last edited:

Their OC left, I know that. I'm not sure about others but that could be the main reason for being sluggish week 1

Their OC left, I know that. I'm not sure about others but that could be the main reason for being sluggish week 1
He's a freaking wizard. He does it every year. Maybe he does it on purpose. He isn't the greatest coach ever, but he is greatest ever at turning chicken shit into chicken salad.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
He's a freaking wizard. He does it every year. Maybe he does it on purpose. He isn't the greatest coach ever, but he is greatest ever at turning chicken shit into chicken salad.
Probably not a coach in the world who does more with less. Hell anybody can be good with the roster that Alabama and Clemson have, but it takes a freaking genius to make KSU good.

I agree I was disappointed too but we also played a Big 10 team not NW State, not FL Atlantic, not Missouri State, and not Southern U. I mean if you're saying Maryland is on par with those teams talent wise I don't see it. Those teams aren't even equal to Tulsa and if we struggle against them the whole game I'll come back and eat crow. Basically all those P5 teams you mentioned played a scrimmage.
You are not wrong.
But, when I watched other schools play this week they just looked GOOD. It was FUN to watch them. I miss that...

Jeez. I picked a bad game, the wizard needs to find his wand. Mississippi State making Kansas State look totally outclassed. Not really his fault, athletes are all on the other team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT