ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Kyler Murray and more...)

too bad for josh gordon that he has that cancer johnny manziel enabling him.

Like a few others have said- I think people are really selling Heard short. We sounded almost just like this about Heard last year as we do Kyler this year.

I really hope we get Kyler but Heard is a bad ass in his own. Our QB position won't be worse next year.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I think all you really have to do is what you really have to go on this point is look at the facts. No way Lodge, Mack and Soso come here for a visit if something major is getting ready to happen. Forget even reporting it by Ketch, although what Ketch reported and his work are a damn nice piece of reporting and I'm talking about sitting on this for 6 weeks or however long it was part. But those guys like Burt, Locksley and the ones I've mentioned don't come here or talk about this problem like they are if something major is not happening, and nothing against Malik, he didn't move the needle like Murray did with that tweet. What's the point to put that out there like Murray did unless you're planning something big, then that tie picture, and then the no real comments. Like I said look at the facts. If for some reason in the end these guys don't come here you will know it before NSD because everything will go cold for us like it did with Gentry who knew about Murray and the offensive change and Watson's not changing the offense to keep Gentry he's doing it for Murray, Locksley, or perhaps Heard. My point is, sit back take a breath, these recruits are basically telling you what's going to happen. Like I said there far too many of those guys around to give you the "Oreo tells" that was first used in this 10TFTW.

Hook Em

Originally posted by DustinMcComas:
Originally posted by Realslimshady4:
Does Murray sign a scholarship For baseball to make room? Sorry I don't know how all that would work.

No. Baseball only has 11.7 full scholarships to use.
If you are a scholarship athlete that plays football and another sport, your scholarship counts as a football scholarship. This keeps a school from starting a men's soccer team and giving all the scholarships to football players.

As an example, Marquis Goodwin had to be counted as a football scholarship even though he was the NCAA champion in the Long Jump.
This post was edited on 1/25 10:48 PM by 66CHamps

Originally posted by Hoekem:
jacks_7_07 posted on 1/25/2015...
The Longhorns simply cannot emerge on Signing Day without Murray or the long-term viability of where Strong is taking the program remains in serious doubt.

In a week where we all have been informed of the new direction of the offense and with Jerrod Heard waiting in the wings, this is the absolute definition of hyperbole. Yes, Kyler Murray is a great player, but Jerrod Heard has all of the tools to not only succeed, but dominate the competition in the same manner that Murray can.

I've got a cousin that coaches at Navasota that use to be at Coldspring and he said you use to be a helluva lil ballplayer...course then again he thinks CS will fail because of his core values ( he' an aggie homer tho...moron)...just thought I'd pass that along to ya.
wink.r191677.gif
Really? Wow, tell him I appreciate the compliment. Did he coach at Diboll while I was in school, or just against us? I haven't been able to keep in touch with many of my old coaches since graduating. Hard to find time when you have a family of your own.

OB's always finds a way to be out in front of Texas football news. Exciting times. Can't wait to see how it shakes out.

Originally posted by mannybeingmanny:
Not buying any of the smoke on Hill and Boyd to Aggie?
I think I'll wait for our sourcing to fill in the blanks post-A&M, thank you very much.

I don't buy anything from full-fledged propaganda machines.

Ketch,
So it seems that you have now backed off a little from the War Room. The War Room made it sound like a done deal and the press conference is scheduled. I know you haven't changed your prediction, but it feels like there was a change. Has something happened that caused you to be less confident or should the caveat that this could all change because we are dealing with a volatile situation have been included in the War Room post? I love this site and I love knowing about something before it becomes public. However, I have to temper that with knowing that this information getting out can affect the dynamics involved. Kyler has a lot to do with this as he tweeted the picture. But, it sounds like they weren't expecting what was written in the War Room to get out. I also know you held back on this information for a long time. Can you enlighten us as to what goes into your decision as to when information should be held back versus deciminated? I know that you take this seriously as it could come back against your business if things went south. Just curious and I've got my popcorn ready. I appreciate this site and the work you do.

Does Murray sign a scholarship For baseball to make room? Sorry I don't know how all that would work.
I think it remains to be seen how his situation plays out, but he counts against football right now.

Would be an amazing finish to the recruiting cycle if you're correct Ketch. A clear signal that good times are ahead.

Originally posted by Diesel710:
After the Under Armour game how in the hell is Mack ranked #54 in the Rivals rankings? He was the most dominant player on the field. Makes no sense. And Kyler #71, what?
I don't have any issues with those ratings.

Good stuff. Hope you are spot on.

BTW - you haven't done Steely Dan? SMDH Oh - and second the Public Enemy request.

Great read Ketch!! Hope the prediction comes true. If so, this will be unlike anything I've ever seen following Texas football.

What does the schedule look like for the upcoming week? Not talking about potential commitments, but coaches travel. Do you have any knowledge on who is getting visits ?

Originally posted by jacks_7_07:
The Longhorns simply cannot emerge on Signing Day without Murray or the long-term viability of where Strong is taking the program remains in serious doubt.

In a week where we all have been informed of the new direction of the offense and with Jerrod Heard waiting in the wings, this is the absolute definition of hyperbole. Yes, Kyler Murray is a great player, but Jerrod Heard has all of the tools to not only succeed, but dominate the competition in the same manner that Murray can.
a. I like Jerrod Heard a lot, but he's not yet showing the skill level, consistency and overall talent to convince those around him every day that he's the guy we thought he was coming out of high school.

b. What areas do you believe Heard to be superior than Murray?

I'll hang up and listen.

Originally posted by stingray10:
I just can't see, and maybe I'm wrong here, the murrays having a complete 180 after the visit. Kevin doesn't visit his GA bud Charlie Strong and kyler doesn't tweet that picture without significant and conclusional feelings to stir people up. Sounds like Kevin has far too much class just to let that happen. B, these other guys visiting means that murray has told them "hey guys this Texas thing is going down, let's all get on the ship". All these moving pieces are moving too well for it not to happen. Not sure how Sumlin could really even stop this from happening but it sounds to me like the writing is on the wall. Either that or this is a masterful downfall of epic proportion. Charlie doesn't get played, the murrays don't play, and we haven't reached out to any other QB, not one. We've been in on the exact same guys all along. Am I right here ketch?
Stop, you're making sense!

Originally posted by Prosperity:

TE- Is Beck the penciled in starter? I thought Blake Whitely was turning heads.
Beck is the starter going into the spring at this point.

Originally posted by Ketchum:
I think it remains to be seen how his situation plays out, but he counts against football right now.
If he plays or practices football, his scholarship has to be football even if he plays baseball. NCAA Bylaw 15.5.9 Multisport Participants.

Originally posted by bjalomo:
Man ketch you are killing it. I have been in pain all day with this stupid kidney stone and OB has kept me going. I logged on one more time before I try and get some sleep. You fed the hunger my brother. Thanks!!!! All of you guys are great.....

Sleep peacefully, sweet prince.

Originally posted by Ketchum:
Originally posted by jacks_7_07:
a. I like Jerrod Heard a lot, but he's not yet showing the skill level, consistency and overall talent to convince those around him every day that he's the guy we thought he was coming out of high school.

b. What areas do you believe Heard to be superior than Murray?

I'll hang up and listen.
Superior to Murray? Only in the power of his runs, as he was clearly the larger and stronger prospect. But I never said that he was superior to Murray, only that he has all of the ability to dominate the field in the same manner in that style of offense. Heard absolutely has the ability to right this ship, whether Murray goes to Austin or not.

Originally posted by Tex Dog:

Ketch, it 's been stated that Sumlin has an in-home with Kylar Murray this upcoming Thursday. Does Charlie have an upcoming visit this week as well, to your knowledge? Thanks.

Yes, that should still remain in his hip pocket.

Originally posted by TxDustin:
Ketch, Love the football stuff, and all the effort and passion that goes along with it.American Sniper should win hands down Picture of the yr. Every American should watch it.
Great movie, but didn't find it better than the top two for sure.

horn1, slow down. I think you'll need more than knee pads. Perhaps some Xanax and a big hug from someone who cares about you.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT