ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Steve Patterson's new legacy)

No. But you made a statement that he was murdered. That is an opinion, not a fact. And the fact is, the case was taken to the criminal justice system and the grand jury did not find that there was enough evidence to even charge him with murder much less decide he had murdered the young man.

Ketch said: Pretty much says it all. That and the fact that you have twice slandered a teenage boy that was murdered by a known criminal.

Re: Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Steve Patterson's new legac

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by Chewy1119:
A majority of athletes in basketball and football are African American, and it has been so for at least 25-30 years.

Meanwhile African American head coaches make up a startling minority. Something does not add up.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Apparently, they aren't trying to get GA positions as young coaches coming up and that's the only [/B]answer to the problem...

Nobody said "only" but you. . . . . . .speaking of nuance. . . . .

But nice insert in an attempt to change what was said. . . . .

Or are you arguing that GA work isn't the most common way for someone to break into college coaching? By all means, how else does one get started? HS coaching clearly another path, though a limited one. . . . what else??????

Originally posted by RLong68:
Comparing Towns to Bynum is a bit humorous. He's light years a better prospect. FWIW, I think Towns is a superior prospect to Okafor.
You think he's light years better than Bynum as a prospect?

Light years?
Yes.

echeese, I don't have the want-to or the time to get into it with you today.

Frankly, you can just stay out of all threads that involve my content if you want moving forward. I'm more than ok with that.

Originally posted by deserthorn1955:

No. But you made a statement that he was murdered. That is an opinion, not a fact. And the fact is, the case was taken to the criminal justice system and the grand jury did not find that there was enough evidence to even charge him with murder much less decide he had murdered the young man.
The law allowed for that murder to take place without consequences. He ignored dispatchers after profiling the kid and created a conflict that ended with him shooting a kid in the street.

That is my opinion that I consider to be fact.

Comparing Towns to Bynum is a bit humorous. He's light years a better prospect. FWIW, I think Towns is a superior prospect to Okafor.

Light years?
Yes.
I'm not sure he's athletic enough to be light years better. Doesn't have a lot of lift.

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by CS:
If you use a word to describe yourself, then you cede the right to be offended by its use.
So, a back person that uses the word in any shape, form or fashion doesn't have a right to be offended if someone from another race uses it as a slur against them?

Do I have that right?
That's right. And if a white guy goes around calling himself and his friends crackas, he doesn't have the right to be offended if a black guy does the same. It's basically the Golden Rule.
So, cracka and the n-word are the same?
Depends on your intent, amirite?

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by CS:
If you use a word to describe yourself, then you cede the right to be offended by its use.
So, a back person that uses the word in any shape, form or fashion doesn't have a right to be offended if someone from another race uses it as a slur against them?

Do I have that right?
That's right. And if a white guy goes around calling himself and his friends crackas, he doesn't have the right to be offended if a black guy does the same. It's basically the Golden Rule.
Human history suggests that the two words are not the same, regardless of intent.

Frankly, you can just stay out of all threads that involve my content if you want moving forward. I'm more than ok with that.
I'm saying this as somebody who supports your career: check yourself, Geoff. You are a flaming liberal whose base of subscribers is not. You'd do well to marginalize your politics here.

First, I agree that the Harrison twins are punks and morons. I also agree that the comment should be vilified for its lack of class. I wouldn't want that kid on my team because I doubt that he ever grows up. But I don't see it as racial.

Why do people keep saying "What if Kaminski said it"? It's not the same thing and it's not because it's a double standard. Wouldn't Kaminski have to say, "F--- that redneck" or "F that cra----"? Last time I checked, Kaminski was white so why would it be a racial comment to call him a derogatory name for a black person? Harrison should be blasted, but some of you want him blasted essentially because you can't say the n-word. It's just not the same thing.

If anything, Harrison should be blasted for his lack of class, but not for a racial comment. He should also be blasted because, like many rappers and many young black people, they think using the n-word is fine as long as they are saying it. This demeans all of them. And don't give me the "if we say it it takes the negative power away from the word" because it certainly never has, especially if said by anyone that is not black.

Originally posted by CS:

I'm saying this as somebody who supports your career: check yourself, Geoff. You are a flaming liberal whose base of subscribers is not. You'd do well to marginalize your politics here.
My intent is not to really get into politics. This entire thread is full of people who are.

I'm not calling people names. I've been much more respectful to others than many have been to me in this thread.

I'm just not feeling echeese these days and it's clear he's not feeling me. I'm just offering up a sound option to keep us from making the matter worse.

This post was edited on 4/6 9:02 AM by Ketchum

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by CS:

Do I have that right?
Human history suggests that the two words are not the same, regardless of intent.
You've talked yourself into a pretzel.

Originally posted by Sen. Blutarsky:
First, I agree that the Harrison twins are punks and morons. I also agree that the comment should be vilified for its lack of class. I wouldn't want that kid on my team because I doubt that he ever grows up. But I don't see it as racial.

Why do people keep saying "What if Kaminski said it"? It's not the same thing and it's not because it's a double standard. Wouldn't Kaminski have to say, "F--- that redneck" or "F that cra----"? Last time I checked, Kaminski was white so why would it be a racial comment to call him a derogatory name for a black person? Harrison should be blasted, but some of you want him blasted essentially because you can't say the n-word. It's just not the same thing.

If anything, Harrison should be blasted for his lack of class, but not for a racial comment. He should also be blasted because, like many rappers and many young black people, they think using the n-word is fine as long as they are saying it. This demeans all of them. And don't give me the "if we say it it takes the negative power away from the word" because it certainly never has, especially if said by anyone that is not black.
Whole lotta correct in this post.

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by CS:

Do I have that right?
You've talked yourself into a pretzel.
Are you suggesting what I've said it not the truth?

laugh.r191677.gif

So let me see if I understand. . . .

We are on a "discussion" board. . . . .but you don't want me commenting on your remarks.. . .I assume this is especially true when the facts are not on your side. . . . .

It is also interesting. ..the majority of the commentary (on the subject we were discussing) is running against you. . . . go ahead, call them out too. . . . .

As you said last week . . . . . .leave the politics out . ..it's beneath you. . . wise words. . . . they were yours. . . .

Light years?
Yes.
I'm not sure he's athletic enough to be light years better. Doesn't have a lot of lift.
I'm sure you are underrating his athleticism. He's not Davis, but doesn't need to be to be that much of a better prospect than Bynum. Keep in mind I'm also taking into account that Bynum's a lazy a** and was coming out of HS. From the chest up is Towns is most certainly light years a better prospect.

Read Ketch's post and just opened this last page and saw a pic of ZImmerman. LOL. I had a feeling.

The most shocking thing Ketch wrote is that for someone who hasn't given Stevie Wonder 2 seconds of thought beforehand (me), man that guy had a lot songs I know.

Originally posted by AkakHorn:
Originally posted by ZLonghorn99:
I don't understand your brush off on the double standard comment. I just flat out do not understand your position.
Because he's a race baiter that only allows one position, his own.
+1

Originally posted by echeese:

laugh.r191677.gif

So let me see if I understand. . . .

We are on a "discussion" board. . . . .but you don't want me commenting on your remarks.. . .I assume this is especially true when the facts are not on your side. . . . .

It is also interesting. ..the majority of the commentary (on the subject we were discussing) is running against you. . . . go ahead, call them out too. . . . .

As you said last week . . . . . .leave the politics out . ..it's beneath you. . . wise words. . . . they were yours. . . .
No, it's just you. I don't expect you to understand.

I'm sure you are underrating his athleticism. He's not Davis, but doesn't need to be to be that much of a better prospect than Bynum. Keep in mind I'm also taking into account that Bynum's a lazy a** and was coming out of HS. From the chest up is Towns is most certainly light years a better prospect.
I agreew ith you about Bynum's negatives, but I don't think I'm underrating his athleticism.

It's THE knock against him as a prospect. Even against Wisconsin, he was getting a lot of lift in his offensive moves to the basket.

Originally posted by FWHORN:

where I think the double standard comes into play is, what if it were Wisconsin that lost and it was Kaminsky who uttered those exact same words under his breath about one of the UK players at the press conference? It would be riots and Ferguson all over again and the biggest giant poop storm on every news station for weeks on end. But since it happened the way it happened, we should just let it slide without any kind of punishment??

I'm not looking to lynch Harrison for what he said but for me, whatever someone thinks the punishment should have been if Kaminsky had said those words about a UK player, should be the same punishment that Harrison receives. The only path to true equality of the races is to make the reactions and the punishments for offenses like these, the same for all races.
Thank goodness you're not looking to "lynch" Harrison for what he said.
ok, lynch was a poor choice of words. how about I'm not looking to heaps tons of punishment upon Harrison.....now does this ring more true?

Ketch, there is a difference in opinions and facts. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you cant change the facts.

Originally posted by deserthorn1955:

Ketch, there is a difference in opinions and facts. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you cant change the facts.
Do you believe OJ is a murderer?

You want intent to matter.

Except when you don't.

I agreew ith you about Bynum's negatives, but I don't think I'm underrating his athleticism.

It's THE knock against him as a prospect. Even against Wisconsin, he was getting a lot of lift in his offensive moves to the basket.
Not sure "lift" is that terribly important in the NBA. Towns does a great job of creating space and is more than adept at getting his shot off. Duncan was never a guy with terrific "lift."

My intent is not to really get into politics. This entire thread is full of people who are.

You are trying to isolate the discussion to just this thread. . . you have a long history of making your politics clear.

The problem is you have backslid into a racist discussion . ..lack of black HCs . . .

When offered one viable reason there are so few (most of your Grad Assistants are white). . . you got huffy instead of simply acknowledging what most in the industry realize. . . . .not a racial issue, it's a question of choice and which path people choose to follow. . . . .OH yeah, CFS started as a GA . . .Franklin as an assist coach at a VERY small school. . .Sumlin GA Wazzu. . .. there is a pattern .. . it's not a racist pattern.

I'm not calling people names.
No, you just make snide or condescending remarks instead of having a discussion.

I'm just not feeling echeese these days and it's clear he's not feeling me. I'm just offering up a sound option to keep us from making the matter worse.

Actually I "feel you" really well. . . . . .I understand where you are coming from. . . .sadly, as I mentioned. . .the Holder/Obama justice Dept completely failed to find any evidence to support a couple of racially charged claims . . .civil rights violations . ..

In fact in one case (where you were on the wrong side). . they complete EXONERATED the officer involved. .. . .

But not sure censorship is the answer .. . .feel free to ignore my posts. . .frankly you did so for years. It's OK for us to have different opinions. . . .. .

If you want to ban me, your prerogative. . .if you want to ignore me, fine too .. . . . .like thousands of posters, I'll offer my opinions just as you have. . .. . I'll support what I've said and if I'm wrong. . .I'll admit it. . . .I'm not above having my mind changed by facts or a more persuasive argument/position . .. .

Originally posted by thisspaceforsale:
I bet Frank is laughing his ass off in private, he knows he'll be in Harrison's head every time they step foot on the court together as pros

The main thing I took away from the column is that we may be looking at two freshmen tackles starting next fall? Does this not scare the shit out of anyone else?
Regarding your second sentence. Would you rather go with what we threw out there last year?

Originally posted by CS:

You want intent to matter.

Except when you don't.
You really didn't answer the question.

Not sure "lift" is that terribly important in the NBA. Towns does a great job of creating space and is more than adept at getting his shot off. Duncan was never a guy with terrific "lift."
I love Towns, so don't think I'm not a fan. I just don't think a guy that isn't athletically superior to Bynum can be light years better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT