ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

What could make this week worse for TCU sports fans..?

In all seriousness, TCU has a helluva basketball team. They’re going to be a problem this year for the Big 12 and into the tournament. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them make the sweet 16. Mike Miles is a baller!
The big 12 could legit have 5 or 6 teams in the sweet 16. It’s just a crazy good conference, and it’s adding Houston next year lol

I can't wait for Saturdays game.

I understand to a certain extent being mad that their coach went to TX.

But they went way overboard. They were camping outside the arena for 3 days leading up to the game.

You get a bunch of drunken frat boys throwing stuff at the Texas bus.

Then there was the fb game.

They brag that's they bring more fans to the game when it's in Austin.

Good. Let's teach those kids a lesson in manners their mother's should have taught them a long time ago.

PS they're 0/5 in conference play.

Once again you look really stupid. Basketball is a game of runs.
Good teams play consistent ball because they score off defense. Average teams play in streaks because their defense is lacking. Excellent defense brings consistency to scoring because it creates consistent opportunities on the offensive side of the court, stupid. Texas defense was poor in the first half. That's on the coaches. TCU had 8 ball steals and an 18 point lead. That's how well coached teams do it.

Last edited:
I can't wait for Saturdays game.

I understand to a certain extent being mad that their coach went to TX.

But they went way overboard. They were camping outside the arena for 3 days leading up to the game.

You get a bunch of drunken frat boys throwing stuff at the Texas bus.

Then there was the fb game.

They brag that's they bring more fans to the game when it's in Austin.

Good. Let's teach those kids a lesson in manners their mother's should have taught them a long time ago.

PS they're 0/5 in conference play.
Don't get too excited. I'd hate for you to have to change your diaper.

Good teams play consistent ball. Average teams play in streaks. Excellent defense brings consistency to scoring because it creates consistent opportunities on the offensive side of the court, stupid. Texas defense was poor in the first half. That's on the coaches. TCU had 8 ball steals. That's how well coached teams do it.
Well coached teams don't give up an 18 point lead either. There is no perfect coach. We just need to find someone who can recruit, motivate, and install a capable game plan. The players will do the rest. Beard looked like he was going to be the guy to do that but he screwed up.

Good teams play consistent ball because they score off defense. Average teams play in streaks because their defense is lacking. Excellent defense brings consistency to scoring because it creates consistent opportunities on the offensive side of the court, stupid. Texas defense was poor in the first half. That's on the coaches. TCU had 8 ball steals and an 18 point lead. That's how well coached teams do it.
Looked like tcu wasn't too well coached in the end. Tcu with their big body players should have blown out Texas. And during the last second tcu time out, the eye rolling, shaking the head gesture of a frog player while Dixon was diagramming a play, seemed to show some displeasure in their coach.
Final scoreboard showed better coaching and team play by the Horns.🤘

Do we have to remind you that TCU is a good team?

They had won 10 straight coming into last night's game. Not anymore

They're 13/2 and ranked 17th for a reason.

Nobody on here wants to acknowledge that the Big XII is the best bb conference in the country.

Reactions: HornDrummer
Looked like tcu wasn't too well coached in the end. Tcu with their big body players should have blown out Texas. And during the last second tcu time out, the eye rolling, shaking the head gesture of a frog player while Dixon was diagramming a play, seemed to show some displeasure in their coach.
Final scoreboard showed better coaching and team play by the Horns.🤘
^^^^This^^^^

Do we have to remind you that TCU is a good team?

They had won 10 straight coming into last night's game. Not anymore

They're 13/2 and ranked 17th for a reason.

Nobody on here wants to acknowledge that the Big XII is the best bb conference in the country.

I think there are several of us that have stated that the B12 is the best BB Conf.

The big 12 is by far the best basketball conference. Last two national titles. 3 teams in the NET top 10. 4 in the top 15

The big 12 is by far the best basketball conference. Last two national titles. 3 teams in the NET top 10. 4 in the top 15
Thank you for saying this more people on this board need to talk about how great Big XII bb is cause I haven't seen much of it on this thread.

Big12 is best and there's not a close 2nd. The champ may go 13-5 and it's because the conference is so good. All 10 should be in consideration for the ncaa.

Having said that, there was nothing wrong with our defense the other night-- THEIR defense was stealing havoc on us. And there was nothing wrong with the offense-- we were shooting poorly, but taking the right shots. And well- coached teams will occasionally give up big leads-- especially when those teams go cold, as tcu did. Tcu did nothing wrong; we got rolling and we're throwing Haymakers. It happens. Especially in the big12. Tcu is still capable of making a final four run. So is Texas. Basketball ain't like football-- over 30 games, you're going to have about 4 where you can do no wrong, about 4 where you can do no right, and the rest are who you really are. Sometimes 1 of your 4 happen in the ncaa tournament, and that's how legacies are written.

Sorry for the long- winded post

Big12 is best and there's not a close 2nd. The champ may go 13-5 and it's because the conference is so good. All 10 should be in consideration for the ncaa.

Having said that, there was nothing wrong with our defense the other night-- THEIR defense was stealing havoc on us. And there was nothing wrong with the offense-- we were shooting poorly, but taking the right shots. And well- coached teams will occasionally give up big leads-- especially when those teams go cold, as tcu did. Tcu did nothing wrong; we got rolling and we're throwing Haymakers. It happens. Especially in the big12. Tcu is still capable of making a final four run. So is Texas. Basketball ain't like football-- over 30 games, you're going to have about 4 where you can do no wrong, about 4 where you can do no right, and the rest are who you really are. Sometimes 1 of your 4 happen in the ncaa tournament, and that's how legacies are written.

Sorry for the long- winded post
Not long winded at all.

There's a lot of posters on here who don't understand what you said.

They need to.

Myself I'm behind coach Terry.

Yes, the b12 is the toughest basketball conference top to bottom. We don't fare as well in head to head competitions with other conferences. We lost to the SEC last year.

I am 100% behind Terry as well. My problem is that he has not shown that he can build and sustain a team. While he is surviving with Beards players, in the long run, he may be a disaster. So THE issue.... He may do well this year with Beards guys but what does the future look like? Beard earned his way to the top. Beard started at podunk U with no diversity benefits. He knows how to build and coach teams. Terry's .500 record and no NCAA tournament wins do not come close to Coach Beard's accomplishments. We are going from the coaching penthouse to the outhouse.

I'm behind the longhorns. I don't understand being a fan and rooting against your team. I knew Shaka was a disaster, but I 100% rooted for us. I hope we get Jay Wright. Failing that, pitino or Donovan or musselman. But if Rodney Terry is our coach, I'm going to be 100% rooting for him. And right now, he's our coach

2300 is the only one losing his shit over the possibility of Rodney Terry being the HC full time. I don’t think he’s the favorite but if Texas wins he would rightly deserve strong consideration.

I think some of you need to kind of forget the Jay Wright thing. He’s a great coach and he very well might coach again somewhere. I’m just not sure the timing is there to get him. I doubt he left a job he was very secure in to just jump back in a year later. I could be wrong but that’s my take on Wright.

I think Pearl, Mussleman, Calapari are very real possibilities and would be very good hires, and maybe the most realistic.

Don't like pearl-- slimy. Don't like calipari-- hasn't adapted his game. And he needs to. Wright knew Villanova couldn't compete in the NIL era. Say what you want about Texas, but we can compete in the NIL department.

Don't like pearl-- slimy. Don't like calipari-- hasn't adapted his game. And he needs to. Wright knew Villanova couldn't compete in the NIL era. Say what you want about Texas, but we can compete in the NIL department.
I think that was a factor in Wrights decision for sure. I doubt that was the only decision. College basketball recruiting is a slimy business. College football is to but basketball is really bad, so they are all slimy some just hide it better. .

Advice to TT.
Just walk off the court
Don't say a word
Get one the bus and go home
Cause you've just been dismissed

Reactions: freeper
Wasn’t a pretty win but a win is a win in this conference. I believe that’s now 8-1 with Terry. This team is resilient. They get down early and it just doesn’t faze them.

That 3 by TT with 20 seconds left was clearly a missed travel call. Shooter shifted both feet. It is very unfortunate that such calls are not made these days. This is indicative of how basketball is called at all levels. More blatant in the NBA. These same plays get called correctly in international competition.

Just finished watching the game. Hard fought gsme. Good win. It was an important win too because Tuesday we go to Ames which when Iowa state is good is one of the toughest road environment there is. Rodney Terry keeps chugging along much to the dismay of certain members of the board

Reactions: outhereincali
Chris beard chugged along to the dismay of certain members of the board too. Those in glass houses...

Anyway, you're correct in that we've held together so far. I do wonder how much emotional energy we'll have left if we keep having to scratch and claw our way back into very tough games. That emotional energy tank is not infinite.

Reactions: Pumpedup55
ADVERTISEMENT