ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

Chris beard chugged along to the dismay of certain members of the board too. Those in glass houses...

Anyway, you're correct in that we've held together so far. I do wonder how much emotional energy we'll have left if we keep having to scratch and claw our way back into very tough games. That emotional energy tank is not infinite.
Lol keep selling the narrative I hated Chris Beard. It’s not true but it makes for a good story. I simply thought he did a bad job last year with the team in aspects. Many of which he(and Rodney Terry after him) corrected this year and the team got better. I’ve compared Beard many times to Rick Barnes, so no I don’t hate Chris Beard and I wasn’t rooting against him, but I also never bought in to the idea that he’s some sort of savor. He’s simply a good basketball coach. That’s it. There are many of those.

Just finished watching the game. Hard fought gsme. Good win. It was an important win too because Tuesday we go to Ames which when Iowa state is good is one of the toughest road environment there is. Rodney Terry keeps chugging along much to the dismay of certain members of the board
Oh and one more thing about Big XII basketball

Right now the #1 ranked team in the country is Houston.

Next year they'll be in the Big XII.

The combined records of the teams we have had to come back against is 6-14. We were destroyed at home against the one team with a winning record. Does 5th place in the big 12 satisfy Texas fans?

The combined records of the teams we have had to come back against is 6-14. We were destroyed at home against the one team with a winning record. Does 5th place in the big 12 satisfy Texas fans?
Man you are really reaching now lol

I'm only stating a few inconvenient truths.

This team destroyed gonzaga earlier in the year and led the whole game. Under Terry we have to make large comeback stuggles against teams with inferior talent.

We have 2 starters that are non existent in the box score that were previously contributors.

We play sloppy offense with high turnovers when with Beard we did not. We play hero ball with a lot of missed 3pt shots.

We constantly leave the lane wide open. We have not taken a charge in 5-6 games.

The one good team that we have played this far in the b12, blew us out on our home court.

I'm only stating a few inconvenient truths.

This team destroyed gonzaga earlier in the year and led the whole game. Under Terry we have to make large comeback stuggles against teams with inferior talent.

We have 2 starters that are non existent in the box score that were previously contributors.

We play sloppy offense with high turnovers when with Beard we did not. We play hero ball with a lot of missed 3pt shots.

We constantly leave the lane wide open. We have not taken a charge in 5-6 games.

The one good team that we have played this far in the b12, blew us out on our home court.
Every win becomes a little more inconvenient for you doesnt it? Look no one is claiming that this team is perfect. They certainly aren’t. There is no perfect team. KU was down 15 at home to Ok state came back to win. They won by 4 against OU at home earlier this week. You are going to pay close games in this conference even against the “bottom” the reality this is a good team that can make a deep run in March, and coach Terry is doing a good job. Accept it and enjoy the season.

Every win becomes a little more inconvenient for you doesnt it? Look no one is claiming that this team is perfect. They certainly aren’t. There is no perfect team. KU was down 15 at home to Ok state came back to win. They won by 4 against OU at home earlier this week. You are going to pay close games in this conference even against the “bottom” the reality this is a good team that can make a deep run in March, and coach Terry is doing a good job. Accept it and enjoy the season.
The consistency is poor. Good teams will shut down Carr and Allen. At that point, we have Rice and that's it. This team is shaping up to have a low ceiling.

we're playing good teams and winning. 5th place in the big 12 may be a 4th seed. perhaps higher. i have news for everybody on this board, the k-state board, or the kansas board... YOU WILL LOSE MULTIPLE GAMESS BY THE END OF THE YEAR. THE BIG12 CHAMP WILL BE NO BETTER THAN 15-3, AND THAT WOULD REQUIRE A TEAM TO BE VERY VERY LUCKY. relax,and enjoy the games-- they're all highly entertaining and highly competitive

we're playing good teams and winning. 5th place in the big 12 may be a 4th seed. perhaps higher. i have news for everybody on this board, the k-state board, or the kansas board... YOU WILL LOSE MULTIPLE GAMESS BY THE END OF THE YEAR. THE BIG12 CHAMP WILL BE NO BETTER THAN 15-3, AND THAT WOULD REQUIRE A TEAM TO BE VERY VERY LUCKY. relax,and enjoy the games-- they're all highly entertaining and highly competitive
Correct. Last year Baylor and Kansas shared the regular season title with a 14-4 recored.

Sure, but is 5th place in the b12 our standard with a senior laden team?

Hint: For Baylor and Kansas it's a national title. What's Texas?

Y'all newbies must be cowboy fans.

Sure, but is 5th place in the b12 our standard with a senior laden team?

Hint: For Baylor and Kansas it's a national title. What's Texas?

Y'all newbies must be cowboy fans.
Baylor has one national title in their history. Their standard isn’t national title lol. I realize your putting on an act but you look stupid

Reactions: outhereincali
Baylor has one national title in their history. Their standard isn’t national title lol. I realize your putting on an act but you look stupid
Not really, you can call names but whatever. What is our standard? What are we happy with? I think a school that has the most resources should be held to a higher standard than 5th or 4th place in the b12. I remember when Mack and Rick had much higher standards.

Not really, you can call names but whatever. What is our standard? What are we happy with? I think a school that has the most resources should be held to a higher standard than 5th or 4th place in the b12. I remember when Mack and Rick had much higher standards.
I don’t think you can have a “standard” as it relates to how far you go in the NCAA tournament… too many variables out of your control I always say get to the 2nd weekend and let the chips fall where they may

This team is becoming less disciplined by the game. They are getting lazy. It will show down the road.

The beauty of 2300’s act is Texas will eventually lose a game because no one realistically expects them to go undefeated the rest of the year and he”ll ne able to come on and go “see told ya so!!!” Good gig you have going on.

The beauty of 2300’s act is Texas will eventually lose a game because no one realistically expects them to go undefeated the rest of the year and he”ll ne able to come on and go “see told ya so!!!” Good gig you have going on.
I agree with you. But let's be honest here - you did the same thing last year with respect to Beard.

Reactions: Pumpedup55
I agree with you. But let's be honest here - you did the same thing last year with respect to Beard.
Lol no I didn’t. Has anyone noticed that the things I said about Beard last year were the exact things he fixed going in to this year?

I said he needed to either overhaul his offensive system or bring someone in to do it for him. He brought in Bob Donewald who runs the offense and the team plays a lot faster on that end of the floor.

I also said that Carr plays a lot better when he doesn’t have to be the primary ball handler and run the offense… he fixed that, and Carr looks like the player we thought we were getting last year.

So everyone likes to say “oh you hate Chris Beard” because it makes for a good story and narrative but if I was so wrong why did Beard fix the exact things I was calling out last year? So shut up about me hating chris Beard or wanting him to fail. It’s just simply a lie.

Lol no I didn’t. Has anyone noticed that the things I said about Beard last year were the exact things he fixed going in to this year?

I said he needed to either overhaul his offensive system or bring someone in to do it for him. He brought in Bob Donewald who runs the offense and the team plays a lot faster on that end of the floor.

I also said that Carr plays a lot better when he doesn’t have to be the primary ball handler and run the offense… he fixed that, and Carr looks like the player we thought we were getting last year.

So everyone likes to say “oh you hate Chris Beard” because it makes for a good story and narrative but if I was so wrong why did Beard fix the exact things I was calling out last year? So shut up about me hating chris Beard or wanting him to fail. It’s just simply a lie.
He should've hired you as his assistant to fix everything.

For the record - read your posts from last year, and the dog pile you took:

Just because I’m not sold on this team or Chris Beard really doesn’t mean I want them to do poorly

I wouldn’t classify anything Beard has done as amazing. In college basketball a lot of teams turnover a good portion of their roster every year. Just kind of the way the game works.

I think In large part fans will become disappointed.

Texas with a win @kstate 70-57. Texas caught a couple breaks K state short handed with Covid issues and a small crowd due to the bowl game coming up.

Chris beard learning a lesson on the limitations of his defense only ideas.

To be fair in reading all of the posts from last year - this gem from yours truly - We will look back in 10 years and say he was a good hire.

Just because I’m not sold on this team or Chris Beard really doesn’t mean I want them to do poorly

I wouldn’t classify anything Beard has done as amazing. In college basketball a lot of teams turnover a good portion of their roster every year. Just kind of the way the game works.

Texas with a win @kstate 70-57. Texas caught a couple breaks K state short handed with Covid issues and a small crowd due to the bowl game coming up.

To be fair in reading all of the posts from last year - this gem from yours truly - We will look back in 10 years and say he was a good hire.
Not saying I know all. Just pointing out that I’d my criticisms of Beard were so far off base then he wouldn’t have addressed many of them this off-season. For the recored I do have some basketball coaching experience I do know the game pretty well.

I’ve said in many posts. Beard would have done well here. Probably not as well as people had in their mind, but he would have been successful. He pissed away his dream job unfortunately

Sublets a hard headed mofo….had to use the ignore button to quit seeing his nonsense!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT