ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

Baylor is a good team. I figured it would be a down to the wire type game.

Very good win. Texas made a lot of clutch free throws that kept them in the lead and ultimately a win.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
rice and allen were great! hunter was great! great halftime defensive adjustments! carr wasn't himself but made the big shot when it mattered. good win all around

Reactions: utexfan5
Iowa state losses to Tech. If KU beats kstate tomorrow Texas will be alone atop the big 12.

Mr Hankey Poo GIF by South Park
And yet we solo sit in first place in the conference. Could we fall? Sure, but after 9 games in 1st.

And yet we solo sit in first place in the conference. Could we fall? Sure, but after 9 games in 1st.
I don’t know if we will win the conference but it’s obvious(not that it wasn’t at the times that 2300 Armageddon prediction was stupid.

we look pretty bad today. that's not an indictment, as i think all parties involved are efforting, but we look awful. some look more awful than. this happens in basketball. we're close enough to get back in it with a couple runs, but with the quick turnaround i'm not sure how you play it-- kill yourself trying to get back in it, or take your a$$ whipping if you can't make a run in the first five minutes and get angry for kansas. kansas, by the way, isn't playing well at all, but they could come out really, really angry too

tremendous performance by bishop especially in the 2nd half, but also rice. entire team really, and hats off to cunningham for kinda grinding his way to keeping us in it in the 1st. going into these 4 games we said we'd be pumped with 2-2; well, we're 2-1 so far.

Reactions: Hoookem722
Huge win. Shots weren’t falling in the first half, but once they did in the 2nd we just took off.

I said we needed to go 2-2 in the Tenn, Baylor, KState, KU we’ve got 2 wins already with a chance to go 3-1 Monday night.

Some of you(really one of you) need to start getting your head around Rodney Terry as the full time HC. As of today I think he has the inside track

Reactions: outhereincali
I’d pump the brakes on that. Let’s see what they do in the tournament first.
Notice I said “as of today”. If they lay an egg in the tournament then all bets are off. But right now I’d expect to see Rodney Terry on the sidelines in November

Something I was wondering about the other day… wonder if Chris Beard and Texas Tech get back together. Both could use each other at the moment.

Some of you(really one of you) need to start getting your head around Rodney Terry as the full time HC. As of today I think he has the inside track
Mark Adans. Larry Coker. Ed Orgeron. The list of coaches that did well with the prior coach’s players and then were never able to sustain it is pretty long. GREAT win today. But be careful what you wish for.

Mark Adans. Larry Coker. Ed Orgeron. The list of coaches that did well with the prior coach’s players and then were never able to sustain it is pretty long. GREAT win today. But be careful what you wish for.
Don’t disagree but the reality is if he wins the conference and makes a tournament run short of landing a legit star(Jay Wright) doesn’t make sense not to give him the job.

There really aren’t great candidates out there this year. I’d probably give him the job give him like a 3 year deal to start. You aren’t married to him at that point.

Few things though about your examples Cocker was 64-18 in 7 years at Miami not like that’s awful.

Mark Adams might be a good coach but sounds like his problem is he’s a grade A prick don’t think that’s the case with Terry.

Coach O kinda sounds like after the national title he kinda mailed it in. Again probably won’t be the case with Terry

Last edited:
Don’t disagree but the reality is if he wins the conference and makes a tournament run short of landing a legit star(Jay Wright) doesn’t make sense not to give him the job.

There really aren’t great candidates out there this year. I’d probably give him the job give him like a 3 year deal to start. You aren’t married to him at that point.

Few things though about your examples Cocker was 64-18 in 7 years at Miami not like that’s awful.

Mark Adams might be a good coach but sounds like his problem is he’s a grade A prick don’t think that’s the case with Terry.

Coach O kinda sounds like after the national title he kinda mailed it in. Again probably won’t be the case with Terry
I can assure you there are much better candidates out there other than Terry. He’s got a big enough sample size out there that shows he’s mediocre as a head coach. Barring an epic final 4 run I don’t see him being the guy.

Reactions: westx and diadevic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT